GVC Group Reviews

3.4
GVC Group CEO Kenneth Alexander
Kenneth Alexander
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours and no full days with out a call or text(in 19 reviews)

• "No work life balance despite constantly being told how important it is(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Culture and leadership"

5.0
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in London, England

I have been working at GVC Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Joining GVC has been a breath of fresh air, amazing leadership/management, flexible style and WFH with a great benefits package. Lot's of training opportunities and plenty to get involved with. I have never worked for a business this progressive that values the people so much and puts so much focus on well-being. Most of all I can be myself at work and have seen my confidence grow since joining the business. I can't wait to see where the journey at GVC takes me!

Cons

None I have seen so far

November 20, 2019

Hi! Thanks so much for this amazing review. We're very happy to hear that you have settled in well here, and that you're enjoying your role!

2. "Great care to its people"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at GVC Group full-time

Pros

Flexibility Career progression Good training Chance to move to other countries

Cons

Long hours Difficult customer Anti social behaviour from customers

June 10, 2020

Hi, thanks for leaving a review! It's great to hear you're enjoying your time here at GVC and getting involved in opportunities to progress. If you'd like to discuss any of your concerns, please reach out to your managers, or if you'd prefer the team at hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com are available to help any time. Thanks.

3. "All Round Awesome!"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Alfreton, England

I have been working at GVC Group full-time

Pros

Communication Colleague Support Training Development Worldwide Flexibility

Cons

Weekend. Evening. Long hours. Pay. Travel.

June 30, 2020

Hi, thanks for leaving a review! It's great to hear you're enjoying your time here, and making the most of our flexibility, and development opportunities! If you'd like to discuss any of your concerns, please reach out to your managers, or if you'd prefer the team at hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com are available to help any time. Thanks.

4. "Real Time Analyst"

Former Employee - Real Time Analyst in Barking, London, England

I worked at GVC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great working environment with great people

Cons

late shifts and not great pay

June 30, 2020

Hi, thanks for leaving a review! It's great to hear you're enjoying your time here! IT's key for us that everyone feels comfortable in their working environment. If you'd like to discuss any of your concerns, please reach out to your managers, or if you'd prefer the team at hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com are available to help any time. Thanks.

5. "Review"

2.0
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GVC Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible working when possible and if allowed

Cons

Graded salaries, back stabbing environment at middle management, threatening management style

June 10, 2020

Hi, thanks for leaving a review - it's always helpful for our development. We’re sorry to hear you had difficulties with management styles in your team. We'd like to discuss this in more detail with you, please can you reach out to hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com. Thank you.

6. "Good whilst you’re needed"

I have been working at GVC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good well-being support, free access to Unmind. Access to Apprenticeship Levy and free LinkedIn Learning. Interesting cultural events. Innovative Technology space Central London offices

Cons

Poor support from HR - very impersonal support during redundancies - skimming through perimeters of legality when undertaking mass redundancy. Senior leaders often seem unaligned. Happy to see someone burn out before finding more resource or offering support. Lot of lip service during town halls and company wide comms but in smaller environments the ‘voice’ of the company is different.

June 10, 2020

Hi, thanks for leaving a review - it's always helpful for our development. We are glad you felt your wellbeing was supported here at GVC. We’re are very concerned however that you didn't feel supported by HR during your time here and would like to discuss this in more detail with you, please can you reach out to hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com. Thank you.

7. "Expanding Company, great prospects"

Current Employee - Finance Business Partner in London, England

I have been working at GVC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and team. Good package and benefits

Cons

Lack of progression, you have to wait for someone to leave

June 5, 2020

Thanks for leaving a review, we're really pleased to hear you're enjoying your role and the company culture! We want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to progress at GVC, so please make sure you speak to your managers about getting involved in new projects! Thanks.

8. "Great people and culture"

Former Employee - Agile Delivery Manager in London, England

I worked at GVC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment to work and great location

Cons

lots of change some may find this unstable

May 19, 2020

Hi, thanks for leaving a review - it's always helpful for our development. We're so pleased you're enjoying your working environment, and we appreciate we are a fast paced company and things can change pretty quickly! If you ever have any concerns, reach out to your manager or the team at hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com.

9. "Great place to work with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southend, Scotland

I have been working at GVC Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent people, Excellent work-life balance, Great company values

Cons

Pay doesn't match other companies in the gambling sector

May 19, 2020

Hi, we're really glad you're enjoying your role, and bonding with your team! Thanks for leaving a review. If you want to discuss any of your concerns please don't hesitate to raise them with your manager, or HR Direct (hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com).

10. "Basic Management"

Current Employee - CSM in London, England

I have been working at GVC Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great History.Amazing Culture.Real Local Community Vibe.

Cons

B Grade Area Managers. Don't Say Looking for talent in your linkedIn profiles When you closing shops and cutting down staff. It hurts. Be humble.Ordinary Middle Management.

May 20, 2020

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We're pleased you enjoyed GVC's working culture. If you want to discuss any of your concerns further please don't hesitate to reach out to hrdirect@ladbrokescoral.com.

Found 376 reviews