Gallagher "high turnover" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gallagher Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated 6 Jan 2020

3.2
Gallagher Chairman, President, and CEO J. Patrick Gallagher Jr.
J. Patrick Gallagher Jr.
Pros
  • "Friendly Work Environment, Good management(in 57 reviews)

• "Most people have the opportunity to work from home, which I have been doing for over three years(in 55 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Worst line manager ever!"

H R

I worked at Gallagher for more than a year

Pros

Provided opportunities to grow and develop

Cons

Worst working experience ever! My line manager was shockingly unfair, inflexible and stupid, showing favouritism towards some team members over the others, only creating a very negative and demoralising working environment. High turnover because no one in the team was happy!

Gallagher2017-02-09
  2. "If you want to work in a nice office building"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Itasca, IL

I worked at Gallagher full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide training and has a new office building

Cons

The high turnover and compensation

Gallagher2020-01-07
  3. "Dog pen"

Former Employee - Group Risk Administrator

I worked at Gallagher full-time

Pros

Not challenging Heavy use of spreadsheets Springboard into an Actuarial role

Cons

Work not fairly distributed Treated as dispensable Very high turnover

Gallagher2019-12-06

"Team Leader in my department plays favorites"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Gallagher full-time

Pros

Health Insurance Benefits Pay was good

Cons

High turnover rate, nepotism among employees, singles out employees she doesn’t like, very unprofessional

Advice to Management

There needs to be boundaries between the employer and employees.

Gallagher2019-09-23

"Senior Resolution Manager"

Current Employee - Resolution Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Gallagher full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ability to work from home.

Cons

There is not enough of a focus on quality claims handling Too many rules and procedures to follow that limit your ability to complete your work. High case loads Low pay High turnover

Gallagher2019-05-30

"Stay Away!"

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Gallagher full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful view of Boston Harbor OK pay The employees who aren't cutthroat are lovely but you have to seek them out Summer perks (casual May-Sept; leave at 2 on Fridays) are great

Cons

The turnover is unreal - over 40 people left in the time I was there, and people are still leaving as of this review. Almost everyone I know has moved on to another company. I wasn't convinced that corporate and HR were trying to fix the problem because they completely failed to address the real problem-this office is TOXIC. If you don't fit in or if your boss doesn't consider you their favorite you will be forced out. Everyone is cutthroat and gossipy. Nobody is committed to your success; only your downfall and how they can benefit from it. High turnover is not a sustainable model. Plus the insurance community in Boston is small. Everyone knows how bad it is to work at Gallagher. Word travels quickly. There is only one health insurance plan (BCBS of IL) and they force you to pay for birth control. This is Massachusetts - you're not supposed to be paying for that. Pretty sure it's because it's owned by a Catholic family. The workflows are absolutely ridiculous. You're expected to rotate through every daily task multiple times a day, and if you don't you'll be told that you're not working hard enough. This is basically inviting an E&O. People aren't robots. Training is redundant and is only designed to avoid an E&O - not improve efficiency. I wasn't convinced. I've been in insurance for many years and this job is the reason I won't go back to another position in the industry. I have a lot of issues trusting management after my experience with this company. Not worth the drama and mental health issues. I wouldn't recommend any of my insurance friends to this particular office. I think Gallagher is an okay company but this office in particular is awful and needs a complete staffing reset.

Advice to Management

Address the problems with disrespectful, toxic and condescending behaviors. Maybe then people wouldn't be leaving in droves. Otherwise people will take their business elsewhere if they haven't already done so.

Gallagher2019-04-02

"Client Service Manager"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gallagher full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you get on the right team its a great place to work

Cons

Literally no communication as it pertained to performance Certain teams had high turnover only 2 weeks of PTO Not sure who is in charge of what

Gallagher2018-12-19

"Financial Benefits Consultant"

I have been working at Gallagher full-time

Pros

Decent pay Work with a knowledgeable team

Cons

Department understaffed due to high turnover No training nor structure Sometimes deal with overbearing or inept consultants

Advice to Management

First, Hire more experienced people. Second, create structure within the department (outline job description, procedures in different situations, etc. Third, create guidebooks or training sessions (whether it be hands on, shadowing, or powerpoint presentations). Fourth, continually keep up with training and keeping employees engaged.

Gallagher2018-11-15

"A Throwback Company"

I have been working at Gallagher

Pros

Work from home ability, good employees at my office location, not pressured to travel a lot, good place to work if you have no kids, no family and basically no life.

Cons

Every office location seems to run differently. Extremely squeaky tight with $$. Overwhelming expectations with lack of proper tools to meet the expectations. High turnover/high burnout rate. Overtime is an unwritten rule and basically expected. No work/life balance. Low pay and unfair process of how raises are given, if any given.....Hit or miss if some one gets a raise. No personal HR contact ability. Reminiscent of companies of the 50's, 60's, 70's, etc in an age where equality for all is in the forefront. A step backwards in many ways.

Advice to Management

Revamp the core values to actually apply in the current era. Visit the turnover rate and ask why. The turnover at GB is not normal. Provide and update the tools the employees need to perform the required standards. Best practices are being drilled into the employees yet GB itself not providing best practices or tools to their employees.

Gallagher2018-03-23

"Great company overall, NYC office is different"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Gallagher full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-option to work from home

Cons

-NYC office has a cut-throat culture -under staffed, high turnover -everyone is always at capacity and in turn treats fellow co-workers like garbage

Advice to Management

Offer Certified Intrinsic Coaching to employees and host a mandatory office development day to address top office concerns and provide skills to approach day to day in a more manageable and respectful way.

Gallagher2017-12-04