Gallup Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
Gallup CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours - so work/life balance is not great and benefits package is basic(in 17 reviews)

• "Employee engagement activities went from being a paid and frequent staple that employees looked forward to, to infrequent and unpaid requirements(in 14 reviews)

1. "Gallup Recruitment/Interview process"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Gallup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment, great culture

Cons

have not encountered any yet

Gallup2019-07-14
  2. "Best company ever!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Gallup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything started during the interview process! They make you feel comfortable since day 1! You can really feel the difference from the moment you walk into the office for the interview process. This is one of the best place to work as a management consultant ever, a great place to develop your career and get yourself surrounded by the most brilliant minds! All the employees really live the purpose of the company... and everyone is so helpful and amazing! I never thought that i could find such a great workplace in the Consulting field!

Cons

The only one that i can think is why I didn't apply earlier in my career!

Advice to Management

Keep building and creating amazing workplaces! You rock guys!

Gallup2019-07-10
  3. "A busy but great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Gallup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing colleagues, great clients, beautiful office location , friendly and open management. Great culture and individual is really empowered to drive own career.

Cons

Long hours - so work/life balance is not great and benefits package is basic

Advice to Management

It would be great to join as one company more across geographic borders

Gallup2019-07-25
  4. "Mission Driven, Global Organization with Great Development Opportunities"

Former Employee - Business Development in London, England

I worked at Gallup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Over the past 2 years Gallup London – which is the hub for EMEA – has completely changed for the better, and is currently on a huge dynamic growth path. With a new Managing Partner, there has been a complete overhaul of the mission, workplace culture, leadership, development opportunities and this is now the best – and fastest growing region - in the organization to work at. Mission: If you are... mission-driven this is the organization to work at. You will be working on huge, impactful, mission-driven clients at a far earlier stage in your career. The work is exciting and varied and all centred around a core purpose/mission of helping leaders and organizations solve every pressing problem facing humankind. One day you are advising the C-Suite of a major FTSE organization how to improve the lives and productivity of tens of thousands of employees, the next day working for a global foundation trying to improve the health outcomes of every person on the planet. Learning & Development: Unlike other professional services firms Gallup invests heavily in the Learning and Development opportunities for their associates. Ranging from learn-at-lunches with global thought-leaders to opportunities for overseas placements and managers and leaders that care passionately about you and your future. Transparent and Open Workplace Culture: The biggest perk working in EMEA is the transparent and open culture. If you are worried about something, want to know more, just ask. In EMEA there is a tremendous amount of psychological safety, and you can have honest and open discussions with your manager (go-to) about everything.

Cons

Not a con, more an observation. Those that excel and get the most out of their Gallup experience approach their growth and development as an active activity. Meaning they are an active participant in discussing what their future could look like. Unlike other professional services firms, this is encouraged by EMEA leadership and many people have many exciting and different roles in their tenure at Gallup.

Advice to Management

Never stop believing in or publicizing your mission. We need more organizations like yours who are dedicated to changing the world.

Gallup2019-03-29
  5. "Associate"

Current Employee - Employee in London, England

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been given so many opportunities in my time so far. A Go To who believes in me and provides support whenever I need it. Colleagues who are highly motivated. An international company; connecting with associates from other countries on a regular basis. Doing a job that I love. A company that has a purpose I'm passionate about: developing people according to their strengths and increasing... engagement in the workplace.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment; just enjoying the ride

Advice to Management

In terms of my role I'm happy with management.

Gallup2019-02-10
  6. "An inside peek of Gallup"

Current Employee - Senior Managing Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Never had a job with so much freedom in any other job. This is a very entrepreneurial culture, where change is embraced and explored. Leadership listens and acts. So many friends and families work at Gallup. This is a tribe and close knit group across the entire globe. The culture is super nice and friendly. You can email CEO, CFO, COO, etc. whenever you want about anything you want. The work is extremely meaningful.... Purpose filled, and mission oriented. Helping people find their strengths, changing the way the world's managers think about work environments, guiding CEOs and execs on how to put people at the center of their business, and ensuring all 7.5 billion of the world's voices are heard on some of the most important issues facing us today.

Cons

Recent changes are making the downsides of the flatness of the organization not so bad. Flat organizations are better for change and letting your voice be heard, but not great for growing into new roles of responsibility. But it's much better now, and I am actually excited for those are just joining the organization. It's a bright future.

Advice to Management

We change client cultures for so many world famous brands, and we can take that to the next level if we took our focus on the customer experience to the next level. We need to be more maniacal about the customer experience than we have been. I think we are on the way.

Gallup2019-01-02
  7. "A great company for certain roles"

I worked at Gallup part-time

Pros

Lovely offices and some good, caring managers.

Cons

Can be cliquey. In higher responsibility roles you will be expected to work very long hours when needed.

Gallup2018-02-13

"Ridiculous"

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

- Nice offices - Some interesting work - A few genuinely nice people to work with (can count on the fingers of one hand)

Cons

- Horrible work-life balance for pay below market rate - To make it even worse, some departments (e.g. Ops team) get paid twice as much to do twice as less (in terms of working hours and actual contribution to the company) - Communication and recruiting is deceptive, they don't preach what they teach - Management is horrible. They have recently undergone a few changes, not sure this will make things better though.... For years management was extremely incompetent and created a toxic environment - A players leave. B and C players stay. C players get promoted or given higher responsibility

Advice to Management

Sell the company to people that know how to manage it. Family clearly didn't succeed and can only keep it floating. This is the only way the whole thing can be turned around.

Gallup2017-05-21

"Probably a Good Idea to Think Twice..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

- Bright, flashy offices - There are some really nice, genuinely friendly individuals working at Gallup

Cons

- Zero work life balance (so much for their book: 'Wellbeing: The Five Essential Elements'). - Some EXTREMELY disrespectful and unprofessional people who contaminate the work environment (very 'high-school' like behaviour). - Management that don't (sincerely) care about their employees. - There are some seriously unpleasant people in Management (grossly hypocritical considering that Gallup coaches other... professionals on leadership and employee engagement). - If you are not compliant with being worked into the ground or spoken to like a dog, you are out.

Advice to Management

As someone said in a former review - PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH! Learn the true meaning of compassion and respect (towards your staff) - a bright, swish office isn't enough to keep your staff engaged. Stop being so hypocritical and actually be sincere about concentrating on people's strengths (a colleague was told that they're stupid - how is that constructive? Seriously!?!). If the MD knew how certain people... behaved within management, he would probably die of shock (he is a genuinely respectful person that wouldn't tolerate this behaviour). People are overworked! Pay attention to their wellbeing (sincerely) instead of only concentrating on the bottom line.

Gallup2017-03-19

"Avoid Operations team"

in London, England

I worked at Gallup

Pros

Some really great people, very bright consultants and capable Managing Director. Consulting management is professional and gives constructive feedback. Central location.

Cons

Very cliquey, Operations in London has such poor management it ruins the spirit of the whole office; Ops managers seem completely out of touch with reality and are unbelievably rude and passive aggressive. Uncannily high staff turnover for a company that prides itself on its selection processes and management skills.

Gallup2017-04-12