Gamesys Reviews

Updated 29 Aug 2020

3.6
Gamesys CEO Lee Fenton
Lee Fenton
Pros
  • "Amazing people, good benefits and free perks all the time, Very supportive HR, Free drinks and awesome location(in 16 reviews)

• "Great parties, very good location(in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Gamesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly environment, great employees, good benefits, very focused on continuous improvement, promote diversity and invest in people. Great company party.

Cons

I don't think on any cons related to the company

2. COVID-19

"Good company, would massively recommend."

Current Employee - Executive in London, England

I have been working at Gamesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

great company benefits, lively and fun, good office, amazing parties and weekly drinks. Good people. Has handled wfh transition during covid amazingly.

Cons

sometimes feels like its hard/ long to progress internally

"A fun place to work in"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Gamesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay , decent bonus, great perks , great CEO and most of senior management are really great and easy going people. great culture in the IT department, the focus is on getting better and learning from mistakes. There is no blame game.

Cons

No room for career development. The HR department is suffering from too many incompetent staff members (although it is in the process of getting better). In the London office facilities team has a bit of an attitude and they are not particularly competent either (in the Malta office they are great). Work to life balance is not that great due to lack of people.

4. COVID-19

"Never recommend. Full of laziness and politics."

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Gamesys full-time

Pros

Featuring remote work (at least under covid).

Cons

Full of politics. Inefficiency. Laziness. Meaningless meetings. Pose of caring employee without any concrete advises and actions. Highly recommend to avoid to join even if you get an offer.

Employer Branding & Communication Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As a company, we strive to offer an engaging and rewarding environment for all of our employees. Therefore gathering further information on your concerns would certainly help us action your feedback. If you’re willing, kindly reach out to our People Operations Team with more specifics.

"Stay away"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Gamesys full-time

Pros

Good bonus and decent pay.

Cons

There is a blame culture, too many difficult managers, a culture of fear and too many egos. The concept of team work doesn't exist. Work life balance is terrible, chaining to the desk is expected. Some teams were nice, others were down right poison. I have never worked in a place like it, fake and unfriendly staff, only bearable during bonus season on their quest for positive feedback. Micromanagement, bullying and gossiping is a big problem. Mircoaggression exist in this company. It really depends on what team you're in as to whether you will experience what I did. In summary, I found it to be a company filled with nasty pumped up individuals with something to prove and only serving themselves. There were some gems, but they were mostly ignored or treated terribly. Those who have experienced work outside Gamesys know what a terrible company this is.

Employer Branding & Communication Manager

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Would you be willing to share more information with us, by contacting our HR department? We’re committed to offering all our employees a great working environment and have a number of ongoing initiatives to ensure that, however, specific feedback would certainly help us improve further.

6. "Great company for work fun"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Gamesys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company. Agile and fun everywhere.

Cons

A lot of non-development activity

"Nepotism"

2.0
    Former Employee - Support in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Gamesys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Drinks Decent Parking Friendly Staff Good break room

Cons

No career progression. Bonus scheme cancelled Favouritism and nepotism runs rife, if you weren't friends with a supervisor before starting then good luck getting any where. Head office offer fake sentiments at any issue risen with them. No training for the frequency of suicide threat calls that take place. You just have to listen to someone cry and then take the next call.

Employer Branding & Communication Manager

At Gamesys Group, our commitment has always been to offer all our employees an engaging and rewarding environment, with opportunities for further development and professional growth. Our Learning and Development team has also been running regular training to ensure all our agents are well equipped to handle all aspects of customer contact, in particular from those customers that are vulnerable. Thank you for your feedback, as this will only encourage us to continue our work and further improve our commitment to our employees.

"Poor middle Management and Politics."

2.0
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in London, England

I worked at Gamesys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It can be a confortable place to work due to the nice perks as Gym, parties, bonus schemes.

Cons

Lots of politics. Middle management poorly qualified. Profesional growth quite difficult. Personal and profesional life mixes up: Success basically depends on your personal relation with your line manager.

9. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Game Developer in London, England

I worked at Gamesys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Environment, people, work/life balance, challenges, technologies, great products

Cons

Career opportunities, management, work planning

10. "Senior QA Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior QA in London, England

I have been working at Gamesys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the culture , good people , bonus, nice area

Cons

i live outside of london so the commute is expensive and over an hour. i also would prefer to work from home on a weekly bases at least 1 day .

Found 213 reviews