Gap Employee Reviews about "great discount"

Updated Jan 11, 2021

Found 329 of over 7,622 reviews

3.8
Gap CEO Mark Breitbard
Mark Breitbard
Pros
  • "The employee discount was awesome(in 507 reviews)

• "Amazing people, good benefits and great discount(in 329 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pressure to push store credit cards(in 269 reviews)

• "long hours, a lot of manual labor(in 158 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Gap

Join the conversation on

Consulting Exit Opportunities

2m

a

Manager

Any one exited to Gap? What’s their culture like there? Yeah i know, not FAANG, tech or FS, very unexciting 😂

12 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great discount"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Management needs help

Nov 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great discount

Cons

Not enough managers and customers were pretty rude sometimes

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Customer Service Assistant

May 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount for staff both on full price and sale No strict uniform - just wearing Gap clothes

Cons

Hourly rate was quite low

Gap Response

Company Representative

We're proud to offer all of our employees a wide variety of benefits, including an employee merchandise discount across our family of brands. We're happy to see you note this as one of your pros!

3. 1.0

Gap - Supervisor

May 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

uniform isn't as strict and great discounts on gap merchandise

Cons

Depends on which store but the pay is absolutely terrible and I was told by a manager on interview that's one of the main reasons why people had left the company due to the pay , same with myself then also having to take on a lot more responsibilities than expected or explained

Continue reading
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Visual Manager

Nov 13, 2017 - Visual Merchandising Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount, big company and lots of great people to meet and develop with

Cons

Little pay increase for management, not valued for amount of work you fit in to 40 hours, job roles changed without consultations therefore expectations were greater for the same pay.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Student job - great!

Sep 13, 2017 - Store Assistant in Banbury, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount, well structured, friendly management, I really enjoyed my time with Gap. I worked across 2 stores whilst at Uni and found both equally good.

Cons

Occasionally limited hours for some staff

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Don't bother!

Jun 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forged some very good friendships - all walks of life Amazing charity events put on for the community Great discounts and promotions for staff (50%) and public everyday

Cons

Focus of business is heavily placed upon visuals rather than essential sales, training, delivering customer service or security compliances. In the London area very short staffed, often only two people on closes mainly senior sales leaving them in vulnerable situations.. The products always on yo yo discounts up and down providing everything cheap only after the product arrives. Execution of plans never follow through -managers don't motivate or delegate staff..no incentive for sales team only visuals. Every day numerous promos confusing customers. marketing is misleading in turn forming arguments with customers as never made clear. Terrible treatment of staff ..Very stressful as often they do about ten things all the same time that makes you often exhausted ,tired every day. Unable to handle legal issues due to no competency or care.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Decent enough

Feb 9, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with Good quality clothes Great discount

Cons

Management was very varied and inconsistent - some were great, some were feared. I was once disciplined by one manager for opening new shipments with a method taught to me by another.