GatenbySanderson Reviews

Updated 7 Jun 2021

4.8
GatenbySanderson Chief Executive  Kevin Gordon (no image)
Kevin Gordon
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A really positive experience

7 Jun 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined GatenbySanderson and have had a very positive experience - from the interview process involving a number of people across the business (where I was always regularly updated on progress), to the comprehensive induction specifically designed for virtual new joiners. The company updates and communications are inclusive and informative and there are regular topical activities / events which are open to all. The company's commitment to agile working (which began before the pandemic) has been a really refreshing change.

Cons

None that I have experienced so far.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

An organisation committed to being a great place to work!

7 Jun 2021 - Principal Researcher in Leeds, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a genuine commitment to continuous improvement at GatenbySanderson, both in terms of the work delivered for clients, but also the culture of the organisation and ensuring GS is a great place to work. The organisation has come a long way over recent years and there's a genuine commitment by many in the business to continue this great work. In Research there is a defined career pathway, with great opportunities for professional development. My experience has been that my manager and consultants are supportive and genuinely committed to my development. The agile working policy at GS is great, it offers flexibility and demonstrates trust in employees to deliver work in a way that works for them. GS has navigated the challenges of the pandemic over the past year well, and the quality and frequency of communication throughout has been really appreciated.

Cons

As in any organisation, there are some inconsistencies in working practice and culture throughout different parts of the business.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to work for.

7 Jun 2021 - Researcher in Leyland, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A really collaborative, welcoming and hard working team, making a real difference. Really understands flexi working and the importance of a work life balance.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons to date.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Privaledge to be here

22 Mar 2021 - Human Resources Director in Leeds, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I continue to be humbled to work at GS. Today on our all Company call which we have every two weeks, our CEO talked in a heart felt way about the last 12 months that we have had during the pandemic. We reflected on Black Lives Matter, the recent death of Sarah Everard, the increasing awareness of intersectionality, and the sadness of COVID and the loved ones that we have lost. Our CEO gave a clear call out to all of our people to make sure that we as individuals as well as professionals, remain alive to, and educated on, the events in our society. We all have a very serious personal accountability to take action, to educate, and to influence in a way that help creates a better society for us all. During the pandemic we have had to pull together like never before to protect our people and to protect our business and I am humbled to work with such courageous, informed and compassionate individuals. Working at GS is without doubt the highlight of my career to date.

Cons

There are none that come to mind.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Inclusive and outstanding

22 Mar 2021 - Delivery Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really good organisation now, the focus on protecting people and jobs during the pandemic was really welcomed, made for a big contrast to our competitors who fired people as soon as they had the opportunity. Really changed as an organisation over the last few years, the leadership now tries to listen to the wider organisation, and it is an incredibly supportive environment. Very supportive of things such as illness, disability, mental health issues as well, and the culture is focused on outcomes rather than presenteeism. Some of the most talented leaders in the sector as well, so its a great place to develop and learn.

Cons

Whilst the organisation's culture and values as a whole are good, there are some teams where that hasn't filtered through yet. Things are changing, but its taking time.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

The support keeps growing!

2 Mar 2021 - Project Delivery Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

During the pandemic GS have really come in to their own with the ongoing support they have given employees, They moved quickly to set up everyone remotely to enable us to all work safely from home. We have had weekly company calls to keep us updated and offer the opportunity to ask questions to the Exec. They have been transparent and honest with keeping everyone updated. We have been working agile for a while now but the flexibility and support we have had while home schooling has been incredible. They have even set up the GS Mini Academy where a teacher has given a lesson three times a week. My daughter has really enjoyed joining these sessions and getting to know the other children all over the country! It's been a great help!

Cons

I don't feel like I have any con's to share at the moment.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Watch your back

1 Jun 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong brand in the market

Cons

Backed by private equity who only see you as a number on a sheet. Pretty poor atmosphere with very few people even bothering to say hello to each other. Lives on it's brand.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work that just keeps getting better

27 Jan 2021 - Senior Project Coordinator in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have recently been promoted with GS and was so pleased with the time that was spent by my managers on my development within the company. I initially started on a 12 month contract which was made permanent and I'm so happy I decided to remain. My managers and HR team were incredibly supportive through the promotion process and I felt the Panel was well run with people from across the business taking part to help make the decision. I'm excited about my future with GS, which we have already been discussing. I also wanted to take the time to note how incredible they have been throughout the last year when things have been extremely difficult for everyone. The flexibility has been outstanding and I commend them for looking after their people above all during this time.

Cons

None that I can think of.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Outstanding support for working parents

1 Mar 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

During the latest lockdown, GS arranged for a tutor to be available for online lessons for my child alongside other children of my colleagues. They got to do lots of fun learning activities in a safe environment, make new friends and cover topics which might not got as much focus when you are trying to juggle homeschool and work. This gave me some vital working time back to focus on other things.

Cons

In the past we have been quite structured in ways of working, good to see we are now moving to a more agile and flexible approach.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

GS cares about its people!

2 Mar 2021 - Researcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at GatenbySanderson for just under 2 years and have recently moved internally to progress my career. Its great that GS supports internal movement and provides growth for their people in the business. There is a great culture with genuine people who strive to go above and beyond to make the services we provide our candidates and clients world class. Agile working policy that really means you get a great work-life balance. Great internal initiatives which support mental health and diversity and inclusion within the business.

Cons

Not that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews