Gattaca Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
Kevin Freeguard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Salary's for Recruiters & Group Support are low in comparison to its competitors" (in 5 reviews)

• "Long hours expected with little reward" (in 5 reviews)

"The best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Whiteley, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Whiteley, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very social company, with a real emphasis on its people - the benefits are great, and everyone is treated with respect. My line manager and also senior management are some of the best managers I've had, and extremely approachable.

Cons

The parking is a bit limited

3 Jan 2019 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review.

It is very good to read that you enjoy working for Gattaca and I sincerely hope your experience continues to be positive.

You’re absolutely right, the people we have... More

2. "Gattaca"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Flexible working time. Nice Team and colleagues. Diversity.

Cons

No career progression. Low salaries and in most cases under market rates.

Advice to Management

I would suggest to review the salary for Admin/ support employees as they are under payed and that’s very demotivating. Also, it would be good to have performance reviews and appraisals.

3. "Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Group Support Staff in Whiteley, England
    Current Employee - Group Support Staff in Whiteley, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits. Good office location

Cons

Politics, Parking, Ineffective project management. Sales career progression is swift. Group support progression is slow and relies on senior staff leaving.

Advice to Management

Recruit less managers and contractors and engage with the SME's who do the actual work.

15 Jan 2019 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review. It’s great to get such a balanced view, which is extremely helpful. We are really pleased you enjoy the culture and benefits here at Gattaca as our employees are the centre... More

4. "Lots of positives but not the finished article yet"

I worked at Gattaca full-time

Pros

Gattaca has changed a huge amount since the acquisition and this has concluded with a number of positives for employees however not all processes have caught up.

Gattaca has a brilliant career path, flexibility on billing and managerial duties with the training to support.

Gattaca's people are motivated, focused and driven with a clear focus on being part of a team.

Although a number of Managers have the 'old school' mentality - they are focused on ensuring their team & departments perform to the best of their ability which in a sales business will always be important.

Training, is a huge focus and is offered to new starters and existing employees with content being updated continuously to ensure it matches the needs of the business.

Socially, Gattaca is brilliant and works hard to ensure their employees have the opportunity to spend valuable time together away from the office. End of quarters, Christmas parties etc are incredible and a huge highlight of the calendar.

Cons

Unfortunately there are still a few areas that cause upset amongst teams.

The KPI's in use are outdated, with the focus on them resulting in employees feeling de-motivated instead of motivated.

Working hours are also scrutinised with a lack of flexibility available and a very clear mentality of 'if you leave on time, you're not busy enough'.

Salary's for Recruiters & Group Support are low in comparison to its competitors.

Advice to Management

Gattaca is a great company and I loved my time there. With a few tweaks it will only get stronger. Instead of looking to competitors to highlight what makes Gattaca great, I would also look at the changes in hours, salaries and targets that have had very positive results.

1 Nov 2018 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review. It’s great to get such a balanced view, which is extremely helpful. We are really pleased you had a good time at Gattaca and that you valued the emphasis we place on career... More

5. "Keep looking forward"

Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Whiteley, England
    Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Whiteley, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong, positive culture. Evolving more and investing in client solutions and helping our clients overcome their real recruitment challenges. Staff engagement is high on the agenda. The Social environment is positive. Good reward if you are good at your role.

Cons

Somewhat traditional KPI’s in our traditional recruitment businesses. Some senior and mid level management need to think differently.

Advice to Management

Embrace the new CEO and look towards the future. Don’t become fixated on past glories!

1 Nov 2018 – Group HR Director

Thanks for leaving your review.

A work hard play hard method is an important trait we encourage here at Gattaca and I am glad it is noticed and commended. You’re absolutely right that staff... More

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bromley, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for the Networkers brand before it was taken over by Matchtech, and subsequently rebranded to Gattaca. I joined a great company with some fantastic people at management and director level leading the business.
    It was well established, offered a wealth of data to utilise at the time and an enviable client list, and delivering a number of different recruitment solutions and despite coming from a recruitment background I felt I could learn a lot from the people around me.
    This was all backed up by an equally established, very knowledgeable back office function across legal, contracts and finance.

Cons

The overall business lacked cohesion at a senior level, someone who could visualise and implement the benefits of a good existing client list and good delivery in different areas.
    The takeover by Matchtech slowly broke down everything that was good about the business, not investing time or money in the Networkers business they took over. This resulted in good people leaving, sales figures dwindling and an ever-diminishing identity and the culture changed significantly.

Advice to Management

I suspect this advice is too late, but management should value the people they have inherited through acquisition rather than distance themselves and create this "us and them" situation.
    I'd also consider modernising their incentives, they felt stuck in the 00s.

1 Nov 2018 – Group HR Director

When a company is acquired then we accept that it isn’t always the case that everyone welcomes the change that comes with this. And, this is fine and agree it’s actually best to part ways.

What... More

7. "Great company with fantastic opportunities and room for growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, the London office, learning and development, colleagues, location, job.

Cons

Not one as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

31 Oct 2018 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review.

It is very good to read that your first year at Gattaca has started so well and I sincerely hope your experience continues to be positive.

We’re investing in our... More

"Mediocre Recruitment Agency"

Former Employee - Contract - Recruiting Consultant
    Former Employee - Contract - Recruiting Consultant

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company should you be given the opportunity to thrive.
    Commission is ok. Not unreachable but challenging if your market drops

Cons

Kpi are very old school.
    No flexibility to the working day.
    Management quick to pass the buck whilst they look up their next holiday
    Markets aren’t relatable to sector demand. Contract market is by far more “recruitable” compared to permanent roles.
    Company is more focused on bringing in new “trainees” rather than focusing on existing staff and retaining them.

Advice to Management

Lots of competitors are giving the employee more flex in their work.
    If MTG were less old school and more accommodating for the average working family, staff retention would be better. Senior members of staff seem to think they are “untouchable”. This should be addressed to make all teams feel equal.

27 Sep 2018 – Group Director

Thank you for the comments…..I could not agree more with you that there could be more flexible working within ours and indeed many businesses. For me increased flexibility is intrinsically linked to... More

"Ever evolving company"

I worked at Gattaca full-time

Pros

Good benefits, great people to work with

Cons

Too much focus on rapid growth through acquisition and not enough on its people and manager development. Poor work life balance.

31 Oct 2018 – Group HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Along with our engagement survey, onboarding and exit interviews, we do find constructive comments really useful.

For a start, I’m really... More

"Post CEO exit more management board members should have fallen on their swords"

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people in both the commercial and shared services. Benefits package was good, salaries are mid level to the market.

Cons

A company that has gone through an immense amount of negative change due to some poorly thought out business decisions.
    Acquired Networkers International, without the necessary skillset in house to integrate them properly. Cultural, and systems wise a disaster.
     Expanded the Germany office January 2018 with new hires, only to shut it down a few weeks later. There is arrogance and naivety running through much of the senior management in the group.
    The shared service function is in disarray trying to keep up with systems implementations across the group due to underinvestment and no real historical IT strategy, most of the systems are patched with Excel spreadsheets.
    The ship is currently rudderless without a CEO, but as I said the current management board requires a shake up before this organisation can move forward. You only have to look at the companies RNS announcements and share price to verify this, most recently announcing the closure of many of the international offices acquired with Networkers International.
    Advice: UK Engineering recruitment still worth working for, steer well clear of group support (HR, IT, Finance) and remaining international locations.

Advice to Management

Don't overstretch yourselves, big business decisions have caused widespread damage to the business and this has cascaded down and across the entire group. Many have been caught up in the subsequent restructuring, and i don't see enough responsibility taken at board level.

27 Sep 2018 – Group Director

Many thanks for your feedback, your comments and advice are appreciated.

The last few years have seen a large amount of change within the group, naturally some positive and some negative. Your... More