Gattaca Reviews

Updated 22 Jun 2020

4.1
Gattaca Chief Executive Officer Kevin Freeguard  (no image)
Kevin Freeguard
Pros
  • "Flexible, positive environment, good benefits(in 10 reviews)

• "The commission structure is really strong compared to other businesses I have been in(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "All the international markets with Networkers brand are going down(in 10 reviews)

• "Group Support wasn’t treated well compared to sales(in 9 reviews)

1. "rec on"

Former Employee - Rec Con

I worked at Gattaca full-time

Pros

decent people - good KPIs - good coms

Cons

long hours - depends on your market

April 7, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to read that you recognise we have great people and that the KPI's are created to produce positive outcomes for both Gattaca and the employee. We are continuing to work on our communications, especially as we now find ourselves working as a remote workforce! But I am pleased to see you feel we are doing a good job at the moment. I appreciate recruitment can be a job that demands long hours, as an ex-recruiter myself I know that the long hours often resulted in some great reward! But we are also working with colleagues to promote the importance of a good work/life balance and to work as smartly as possible. I want to wish you all the very best with your future career.

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Recruitment in Whiteley, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salaries, great rewards, positive environment

Cons

Can’t really think of any!

June 29, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased you had a positive experience with us and you struggled to think of any 'cons' :-) We are extremely proud of the environment we have at Gattaca, even with a currently dispersed workforce! It's our fantastic people that create that environment, so thank you for your contributions. I'd like to wish you all the very best with your future career.

3. "A company in search of it's identity"

2.0
    Former Employee - Not Sure

I worked at Gattaca full-time

Pros

At the time the new offices were great...

Cons

Unfortunately poor management decisions resulted in: Office closures No growth No career progression No real identity

June 9, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have ambitious plans for the company which at times can involve difficult changes. Such decisions are not taken lightly and are relatively infrequent. We continue to explore ways to offer more flexible ways of working and opportunities to progress careers for our employees. I’d like to wish you all the best with future opportunities.

4. "Career progression and earning potential"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Southampton, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, Opportunity to get training whenever you need it and the opportunity to learn from people who have been in the business long term

Cons

Lots of changes in management and restructures

April 7, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to read that you feel we have a great culture here at Gattaca and that the training was readily accessible, as well as having experts on-hand to support. I appreciate that the business is moving at pace at the moment to implement our transformation plan, while sometimes change can feel unsettling, we are doing our very best to keep colleagues fully up to take with the changes that are happening (for example our recently published 'fast forward' document) and the reasons for those changes; all of which we believe will help propel Gattaca's future success. I wish you all the very best with your future career.

5. "Good for Graduates"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and really good training.

Cons

Management do not lead by example. Also, one rule for one and one rule for another.

April 7, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I couldn't agree more that we have fantastic people in Gattaca and we have invested heavily in our training, as we want to ensure we set everyone up for success. I'm sorry that your management experience was less positive, we work with our managers and leaders to support with their development as well running regular 360 reviews to enable them to act upon this feedback. I wish you every success with future roles.

6. "Excellent Company & Benefits"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager - Defence & North UK in Manchester, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work culture, professional and committed workforce who are well rewarded and team 'can-do' ethic

Cons

I have not discovered any cons

April 7, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review - I am pleased to see you are enjoying your time with Gattaca.

7. "Would highly recommend"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Whiteley, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity to earn very good money Lots of training and development provided Good culture Flexi-time

Cons

Could do with slightly bigger basic

January 15, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to see that you recognise the training and development on offer for our employees. We are continuing to evolve this through the use of our digital training platform Fuse so watch this space :)

"Could be a great Company"

Former Employee - Administrative in London, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good holidays, Pay average. Flexible to certain departments. Good incentives although lots carried out in out of work hours.

Cons

Lots of minute managing. Group Support wasn’t treated well compared to sales. Lots of Managers didn’t lead by example

January 15, 2020

Interim HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that your experience with us wasn't as positive as it could have been. We do encourage employees to feedback regularly through either the engagement tool or speaking to someone in HR to support with initiating change where it is possible. I wish you all the best with future roles.

9. "Great culture/social side but KPI's are more important"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Whiteley, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- They organise a lot of social events, big Christmas party etc. - Fun culture, depending on your team - Commission scheme is generous (permanent) - Great consultants, all like minded people and really friendly

Cons

- Parking, this has always been an issue - Managers don't relay the pressure well to consultants when they are stressed - Managers more focused on KPI's when people aren't making money and don't actually sit down with them to see why this isn't' being achieved (e.g. type of market they do, type of people who don't want to be phone bashed by a recruiter) - Directors who don't directly manage teams have an old school approach that they don't seem to want to let go from 20 years ago.

January 22, 2020

Interim HR Director ‘Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am pleased you agree that we have great people working here, we certainly are proud of our employees do, not just in terms of the work they do, but the social culture they create as well. I understand that parking can cause frustration, we have introduced a car share scheme and built additional parking spaces, and we continue to have conversations with the business park to look for opportunity to make this easier for our employees. Sorry to hear about the experience of your manager, we do place emphasis on coaching and development in Gattaca and are always looking for new ways to develop this and support our managers to better support employees. I completely agree that the world of recruitment is changing and KPI’s should complement coaching and other activities, which is what we strive to do. I am sorry your experience of working with us wasn’t a completely positive one but wish you all the best with future roles.

10. "Networkers technology"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Whiteley, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training programmes friendly and professional staff

Cons

There are no cons for this company

November 27, 2019Group HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to read your journey at Gattaca is going so well. I’m pleased you are enjoying our training and that you enjoy our environment. When we run engagement surveys, it’s the friendliness of our staff that always comes up. This is really warming to read that this continues. Whilst there are not cons you can think of at the moment, if there is ever a point where you feel that improvement could be made, then do pass this on. Either speak to your manager, or use our Engagement Survey that goes out weekly to make a comment. I personally sit and read every comment that is made :)

Found 170 reviews