Gattaca Reviews

Updated 12 Feb 2021

3.5
Gattaca Chief Executive Officer Kevin Freeguard  (no image)
Kevin Freeguard
Pros
  • "Flexible working, good benefits, social responsibility(in 11 reviews)

• "The commission structure is really strong compared to other businesses I have been in(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "All the international markets with Networkers brand are going down(in 10 reviews)

• "Group Support wasn’t treated well compared to sales(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Sympathetic through difficult times"

5.0

I have been working at Gattaca part-time

Pros

Sympathetic through current difficult times

Cons

Waiting for markets to fully recover

January 27, 2021

HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to read you feel we have been sympathetic and hopefully supportive during what has been a challenging time. I understand waiting for markets to return can be frustrating, however being in Engineering and Technology skills, we are already seeing some really positive market recovery and are confident this will continue.

2. "Friendly environment"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of experienced staff for knowledge sharing

Cons

staff structure was very "top heaver"

February 16, 2021

HR Director Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased to read you benefitted from our experienced staff knowledge sharing, collaboration is of critical importance to us so it's is good to know that was your experience of working with us. I'd like to wish you all the best with your future career.

3. "A good company with great people"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time

Pros

Great working atmosphere Genuine care for staff Friendly Environment Business is turning around after a period of struggle

Cons

Lots of business change Communication between senior leadership and operations could be better

February 9, 2021

HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the working environment during your time with the business. Communication is something we have made real strides in over the last year, appointing a Communications director in order to ensure we have consistency and transparency in messaging throughout the organisation. I'd like to wish you all the best with your future career.

4. COVID-19

"Good company"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Southampton, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time

Pros

Good job security and supportive teams.

Cons

Recently undergone a restructure and made some redundancies due to pandemic

January 25, 2021

HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased you feel the teams you work with are supportive, that sentiment has certainly shone through in our employee feedback survey. I'd like to wish you all the best with your continued career with us.

5. "Good career development"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Southampton, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong focus on developing and rewarding performance

Cons

Sometimes more corporate and complex than it needs to be

January 25, 2021

HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's good to read that you feel a 'pro' of Gattaca is the focus on developing and rewarding performance, there will be further news on 'development at Gattaca' soon which I am sure will be really well received by employees and managers. I absolutely agree on needing to continue to investigate and invest in the right tools and technology, I think we are all looking forward to having our new CRM live across the organisation in the Spring! I'd like to wish you all the best with your ongoing career with us.

6. "Great Place to Work for Training, Development and Benefits"

5.0
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Whiteley, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Training opportunities, great opportunities to develop, superb benefits for all levels that increase as you progress. Caring company that continually looks to improve employee experience. Supportive company with ethics and a very high number of long term employees ensuring clients get a great service.

Cons

None that I can think of

7. COVID-19

"Ok"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Gattaca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kept as many people as they could through the COVID pandemic

Cons

Short-sighted, shift within the company meant that there were a lot of changing jobs, people moved on, resulting in short-staffed areas of the business.

February 9, 2021

HR Director Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As we have been implementing the business improvement plan there have been changes across the business but we have taken employees on a journey through those changes. We are continuing to listen to the feedback of our people and now using the tool Peakon are able to do this really effectively, which should help us identify areas for improvement. I'd like to wish you all the best with your future career.

8. "Racist Company I've ever worked for"

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training seems to be the only thing they good at

Cons

Racial discrimination at its finest

February 12, 2021

HR Director I am sorry to read that your experience of working for Gattaca was not a positive one. We have a zero tolerance approach to any form of discrimination, with specific policies and procedures in place to protect our staff and encourage employees to communicate any concerns they have, so these can be thoroughly investigated and addressed. In light of the seriousness of your comments, I would encourage you to reach out to me at claire.cross@gattacaplc.com to discuss further.

9. "Good culture"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Whiteley, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enjoyable working environment, good people and feel looked after as an employee.

Cons

Comissioning structure is poor compared to the rest of the industry.

January 25, 2021

HR Director Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I totally agree that our people are, without a doubt, our best asset and I'm proud to work with so many great people. I'd like to wish you all the best with your future career.

10. "Not what it seems from the outside."

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Gattaca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, e.g. medicash. Some of the people you work with. The office over looks the Thames.

Cons

Poor Management: Micro-management or 0 management. There is no in between. The company is always in "cost saving" mode, which means the salaries are low, commission is poor and there are no real incentives. Blatant racism in the office with no consequences, always swept under the carpet. A lack of diversity, the office does not reflect the location (London). The atmosphere is always off, there is no real sales buzz. Even the people that have been there for 10+ years are miserable. Huge staff turnover, from C-level all the way down to consultant. The senior replacement staff have little experience in recruitment. Blatant favoritism.

February 12, 2021