Gavin de Becker & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gavin de Becker & Associates Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2019

4.1
Gavin de Becker & Associates CEO Gavin de Becker (no image)
Gavin de Becker
Pros
  • "I've been with GDBA for over 5 yrs now(in 33 reviews)

• "When I graduated from college in 2007, I wanted a career that valued hard work, integrity and had an opportunity to grow(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "But don't hold yourself to that, this is GDBA where we all start in the bottom as EPS trainees(in 18 reviews)

• "Difficult work / life balance at times(in 15 reviews)

1. "Gavin de Becker & Assocaites"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gavin de Becker & Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Pay. Great stepping stone for law enforcement. Top quality training and experience in the Executive Protection field. A lot room for advancement. Lots of promotions within first 2 years.

Cons

Long hours. Tough work-life balance (but manageable) Work is primarily in Los Angeles and the Bay Area so if you do not live around the area then you will do some commuting. Traffic is also rough.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-10-26
  2. "Excessive overtime, limited compensation"

Current Employee - Case Analyst in Glendale, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Unlimited PTO Gym membership stipend Decent starter job

Cons

Overworked Inadequate compensation High employee turnover rate

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-09-17
  3. "Great Company and Leadership"

Current Employee - Security Staff Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gavin de Becker & Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ideal for prior military and LEO's, two-year pay scale with promotions similar to the military, leadership listens to you, and variety of job sites (corporate, residential, driver, or field details).

Cons

Scheduling needs to be autonomous across the board but currently it varies depending on immediate leadership and supervisors.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-08-17
  4. "Prepare to invest all your time for small gains within the company."

Former Employee - Security Staff Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Gavin de Becker & Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, available for overtime, and they work with school.

Cons

Constantly changing schedules, working 8-12 days in a row, leadership is inexperienced, last minute schedule changes or shifts that they will guilt you into accepting. No concept of what family time is or taking time off for yourself. They want your lifestyle and time to be invested completely into GDBA.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-09-07

"Great Career with excellent opportunities- Merit Based Firm"

Current Employee - Senior Team LEader in Miami, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Gavin de Becker & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with GDBA for over 5 yrs now. Like everyone else, I started at the entry level position. After 6 months of being in the firm, learning and always saying yes to additional work/details/opportunities. I was tasked with leading a detail. It's about preparing yourself and putting yourself in the right position to be ready when that next opportunity arrives. This company offers opportunities for travel and advancement based on merit. Steady pay raises with projected progression.

Cons

In the Executive Protection industry, your schedule will be at the mercy of the client, with last-minute changes/request. Work/life balance can be difficult to manage at times, due to the constant changes. Areas that are short staffed do suffer a bit more with the schedule.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-07-11

"Best place I've worked so far"

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst

Pros

1). Management is fantastic. They are always accessible and willing to help out on assignments. Management provides a lot of flexibility to pursue projects useful to the client. 2). The pay & benefits are good. 3). Merit based company. 4). Global Intelligence Operations (GIO) is well run and growing, which provides additional opportunities for professional growth and job security.

Cons

1). The schedule is sometimes a little rough sometimes but management attempts to accommodate when possible. Rough schedules are pretty standard in this industry so it's nothing abnormal.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-06-18

"GDBA"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gavin de Becker & Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Growth Opportunity, high paced career.

Cons

Typical EP issues such as inconsistent schedule.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-06-23

"Mission driven organization"

I have been working at Gavin de Becker & Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It’s an organization driven by the mission to protect individuals and organizations. For many employees this is a life cause, not just a job.

Cons

It can work more on transparency and better benefits.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-06-20

"Definitely Merit Based. You get what you put in."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

I've been with GDBA for over 7yrs now. Like everyone else, I started at the entry level position. After two years of busting my butt, always saying yes to additional work/details/opportunities. I was tasked with leading a detail that turned into a large operation with sites in 3 states and 1 out of country. Its about preparing yourself and putting yourself in the right position to be ready when that next opportunity arrives. There is no unicorn job that exists where you get the perfect pay, perfect schedule, perfect environment. You work hard, you execute and perform well - you get compensated and promoted as such. NO real secret there.

Cons

For Executive Protection work your schedule will be at the mercy of the clients schedule/request. That is a norm in EP so to complain about it shows you haven't dont your research. That's the only real con. The locations that are short staffed do suffer a bit more with the harsh scheduling.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-06-24
  10. "Great company with Great people"

Current Employee - Security Staff Agent

Pros

Fast paced job working with very committed and professional people. Great company for veterans

Cons

long hours, but they let you know that when you join the team.

Gavin de Becker & Associates2019-06-24