94% would recommend to a friend
(19 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Found 19 of over 21 reviews
Updated 8 Nov 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.08 Nov 2022Customer Success ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
I have been blown away from the moment Geckoboard reached out to me, from inviting me to an interview all the way through to the onboarding process in getting me set up for my first day. I felt excited about the company before I was even offered the position and it continued to get better and better from there! Friendly, welcoming, people first attitude, flexible, remote, all backed up by an amazing product and incredible supporting leadership team! I am looking forward to a long and exciting career with Geckobaord! 🥳
From my experience so far with the company I have nothing but praise for them!
- 5.06 May 2022Backend EngineerCurrent Employee
I've never grown so much as a developer as I have during my time at Geckoboard. I've been given so many opportunities to work on new and innovative projects, and I've been surrounded by the most helpful and talented people while doing so. You couldn't ask for a friendlier, more welcoming group of people than the team at Geckoboard. So much has happened in my life outside work while at Geckoboard and the support I received was outstanding. In summary: - Amazing, talented, friendly people - Engaging, exciting work - Fantastic work life balance - Bi-weekly lab days - Monthly socials - Summer and Christmas parties
I can't think of any!
- 5.09 May 2017Software EngineerCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Geckoboard is a company that really cares about its people. The team is full of creative, intelligent people who care about the product and the culture. There is a sense of openness that I have never experienced before at work, where people at every level are free to discuss problems they have with each other. This results in a team that are constantly looking for ways to help each other out and improve each other's day. The process at Geckoboard is great and getting better all the time. We have weekly planning, daily stand ups and bi-weekly retrospectives. Because of this there is a real momentum to the work. (Special shout out to our product managers who are amazing at what they do) Every other Wednesday is innovation Wednesday where the team gets to work on fun personal projects. Many of these projects go on to become tools we use daily and make our work easier or make the office more fun. For example a printer that lets remote people print retrospective cards from Slack. The perks are great too... - relaxed working hours and holiday - work from home when you want to - great office space - all the equipment you need - Friday lunches
I honestly can't think of much. There were a few issues moving into our current office (mostly noise related) but these problems have all been raised in retrospectives and we already have team assembled to make the office a better space.2Geckoboard Response7y
Thank you for your feedback. Totally appreciate your comments about tipping point and I can assure you we are all committed to making sure our growth doesn't negatively impact the amazing culture we have here.
- 5.021 Sept 2016Software EngineerFormer EmployeeLondon, England
Geckoboard is now the benchmark by which I will judge other companies, because it is such a great place to work. Geckoboard is full of smart, friendly people and everybody cares passionately about creating a product customers will love. As a junior developer here I was given a lot of help and support to develop my skills, and I felt like my input was really valued and made a difference to the product, as the team culture is very open and transparent. Additionally, the perks are really great. The whole company operates on the understanding that people have lives outside of work. Working hours are extremely flexible and they are always happy for people to work remotely for extended periods. The free Friday lunches were always lots of fun, and I really miss the unlimited holiday allowance!
The office was getting a bit small for the team by the time I left. Nature of the app meant software development was heavily focused on front end work (not a con for everyone, but I was more interested in the back end development)4
- 3.024 Sept 2018Product ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Great work life balance - Lots of holiday! - Flexible with working from home and work hours - Really nice people to work with - Flexible with process - Great engineering culture - QAs on every team - Challenging product and problems - Excellent customer support team - Can talk to lots of users and there is a very vocal customer community - Transparency around company status (costs, profit, metrics etc)
- Difficult to see your work making any impact on growing the product - Very 'just in time' planning and team allocation - Product direction and roadmap not well communicated - Lack of experience in some senior roles and managers - Lack of autonomy in product and design - Different levels of comfort with collaboration Overall I do not think Geckoboard is a bad place to work - but you will have a better experience in certain disciplines than others. Your experience will also depend on what you want from your work and the impact you want to have - something to consider before interviewing.Geckoboard Response6y
Thanks for your feedback. Will share your thoughts with our Leadership Team.
- 5.01 Mar 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Most startups talk a good game when it comes to culture but Geckoboard actually delivers. Main positives I would say are: - Very supportive environment that's welcoming to everybody. - Freedom to get on with your work, but support is always there when needed. - Near enough zero politics as everyone is so transparent and honest. - They actually care about your life with unlimited holiday, flexible working hours and remote work - Everyone eats together and on Friday the company pays, so you actually get to know colleagues across the business more deeply.
Like all tech companies there's a diversity struggle, but the management team are aware and are doing everything they can to try and address this. I'm confident it will change over time.2Geckoboard Response7y
Thank you so much for your feedback. Its great when feedback on Glassdoor mirrors the feedback we get in the office. :)
- 5.021 Oct 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Awesome open culture where everyone can be who they are. - Great benefits. - Resources and encouragement to get better at what you do. - Extremely flexible. - Anything you need to get the job done is provided. - Very supportive team members.
We're a bit lacking on the diversity front. A big problem in tech of course but perhaps one we can be mindful on. Especially when creating job descriptions as this is an amazingly inclusive place to work for. Others need to know about it.4
- 5.03 Feb 2017Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
There's something unique and special about Geckoboard! First and foremost this is a company that cares deeply about it's people, which is evident both in the way they nurture the team as a whole and support individuals to grow. There's a strong culture of openness and collaboration, unlike any I've seen elsewhere. As an engineer I found the team to be refreshingly pragmatic, professional and always open to new ideas. Every other Wednesday is "Innovation Wednesday" at Geckoboard, where you can explore new technology and ideas not necessarily related to work. In my year at Geckoboard I saw a remarkable number of interesting projects emerge from these Wednesdays, many of which are also open source: - Prism (profiler for the Go programming language) - Everdeen (debugging HTTP proxy) - Caffinator (coffee machine bot) - Cake Bot (code review bot) - File Roulette (dropbox file randomiser Some people would use this as an opportunity to learn a new programming language; one learned Erlang, I personally spent some time with Haskell and Elm. Every Friday we'd sit down and have lunch together (provided by the company of course) and get to know our colleagues better. For a few months during my time at Geckoboard, some issues in my personal life took me "out of action" and I had to take some time out of work with very little notice. Geckoboard were not only understanding, but INCREDIBLY supportive about this, going above and beyond the responsibility of an employer. I can't imagine more supportive team. I have a huge amount of respect for Paul the CEO, it's evident that He is building the company that He would want to work for. Finally I think it's important to say, that while no team is perfect - Geckoboard is refreshingly open and honest about it's shortcomings and eager to address them together.
None. Honestly. Can't think of one. I have to put something in this box though!4Geckoboard Response7y
Thank you for this. Your feedback was shared by many in the office and everyone felt very proud of what you wrote. Thank you.
- 5.027 Jun 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Easily the best company i've worked for. Smart, creative people working on a genuinely interesting and challenging product in a new and fast growing market. Geckoboard as company is not afraid to evolve processes and the way we work to make sure we are solving our biggest challenges in the best way.
It's difficult to highlight any really con's, having been at the company for a long time i've seen things change for the better due to a focus on culture and openness.Geckoboard Response7y
Thank you! Its great that you have seen the business develop for the better, and this type of feedback tells us we are on the right track when it comes to growth and developing as a business.
- 5.024 Jan 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Work/life balance is very important, with a flexible WFH policy and unlimited holiday - Smart & driven colleagues working to solve interesting problems - Friday lunches! - Great office in tech city - Autonomy to go beyond your day-to-day responsibilities - Fun social activities (yoga, games night, wine & cheese night, etc.)
There are none at this stage of the journey!2
Geckoboard Reviews FAQs
Geckoboard has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 21 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Geckoboard to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
94% of Geckoboard employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Geckoboard 5.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.