Geckoboard Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Apr 2019

4.9
Geckoboard CEO Paul Joyce
Paul Joyce
  1. "Incredibly supportive environment, lots of opportunities for creativity"

Current Employee - Front End Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Geckoboard full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Supportive environment - Really exciting projects - Flexible hours/remote working - Amazing team of very creative, open, supportive and friendly people - Transparent and open culture - Regular innovation days to learn something new - Lots of scope for contributing new ideas - Regular 1:1s with manager - Not much hierarchy, and there's no 'intimidation' factor around leadership - Every friday we celebrate... 'wins', and share successes from the week - Free lunch with the team every friday!

Cons

- I really can't think of any

Geckoboard2019-04-16
  2. "An Innovative and Supportive place to work"

I have been working at Geckoboard full-time

Pros

Innovation is encouraged so there are many great ways of working and great technical work being done. It is also a very supportive environment in which people treat each other well.

Cons

I can't think of any

Geckoboard2019-01-17

"One of the best, most supportive and motivating environments I have ever worked in!"

I have been working at Geckoboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

The collaborative environment where you can share your ideas, make mistakes and learn together.

Cons

Yes there are challenges, but that is what makes this such a great place to work - we work with our team together. There is no room for people who don't respect others opinions.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your teams. You are doing a great job!!

Geckoboard2018-10-03
  4. "Day to day is good, but there are wider issues that need to be tackled to scale successfully"

Former Employee - Product Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Geckoboard full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work life balance - Lots of holiday! - Flexible with working from home and work hours - Really nice people to work with - Flexible with process - Great engineering culture - QAs on every team - Challenging product and problems - Excellent customer support team - Can talk to lots of users and there is a very vocal customer community - Transparency around company status (costs, profit, metrics etc)

Cons

- Difficult to see your work making any impact on growing the product - Very 'just in time' planning and team allocation - Product direction and roadmap not well communicated - Lack of experience in some senior roles and managers - Lack of autonomy in product and design - Different levels of comfort with collaboration Overall I do not think Geckoboard is a bad place to work - but you will have a better... experience in certain disciplines than others. Your experience will also depend on what you want from your work and the impact you want to have - something to consider before interviewing.

Advice to Management

You have some really good people working for you - make sure you listen to them and don't be afraid to challenge your assumptions.

Geckoboard2018-09-24
  5. "The nicest and most supportive company I've ever seen."

Former Employee - Advertising Manager in London, England

I worked at Geckoboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been lucky enough to work for Geckoboard, experience unique culture and a scaling of a world-class product.

Cons

There is none I can think of.

Geckoboard2018-02-22
  6. "Refreshingly honest, open and supportive"

I have been working at Geckoboard full-time

Pros

Easily the best company i've worked for. Smart, creative people working on a genuinely interesting and challenging product in a new and fast growing market. Geckoboard as company is not afraid to evolve processes and the way we work to make sure we are solving our biggest challenges in the best way.

Cons

It's difficult to highlight any really con's, having been at the company for a long time i've seen things change for the better due to a focus on culture and openness.

Advice to Management

Keep up the balance between building a great company and a great product.

Geckoboard2017-06-27

"Easily the best company I have worked for."

Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Geckoboard

Pros

Geckoboard is a company that really cares about its people. The team is full of creative, intelligent people who care about the product and the culture. There is a sense of openness that I have never experienced before at work, where people at every level are free to discuss problems they have with each other. This results in a team that are constantly looking for ways to help each other out and improve each other's... day. The process at Geckoboard is great and getting better all the time. We have weekly planning, daily stand ups and bi-weekly retrospectives. Because of this there is a real momentum to the work. (Special shout out to our product managers who are amazing at what they do) Every other Wednesday is innovation Wednesday where the team gets to work on fun personal projects. Many of these projects go on to become tools we use daily and make our work easier or make the office more fun. For example a printer that lets remote people print retrospective cards from Slack. The perks are great too... - relaxed working hours and holiday - work from home when you want to - great office space - all the equipment you need - Friday lunches

Cons

I honestly can't think of much. There were a few issues moving into our current office (mostly noise related) but these problems have all been raised in retrospectives and we already have team assembled to make the office a better space.

Advice to Management

There really isn't much to say here. We are at a tipping point right now because of scaling so I hope we can keep our culture as we grow. But I have faith in the team that we will.

Geckoboard2017-05-10

"The most supportive company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Geckoboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most startups talk a good game when it comes to culture but Geckoboard actually delivers. Main positives I would say are: - Very supportive environment that's welcoming to everybody. - Freedom to get on with your work, but support is always there when needed. - Near enough zero politics as everyone is so transparent and honest. - They actually care about your life with unlimited holiday, flexible working hours... and remote work - Everyone eats together and on Friday the company pays, so you actually get to know colleagues across the business more deeply.

Cons

Like all tech companies there's a diversity struggle, but the management team are aware and are doing everything they can to try and address this. I'm confident it will change over time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, as we grow it would be great to maintain as many of the core parts of our culture.

Geckoboard2017-03-01

"Outstanding Company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Geckoboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's something unique and special about Geckoboard! First and foremost this is a company that cares deeply about it's people, which is evident both in the way they nurture the team as a whole and support individuals to grow. There's a strong culture of openness and collaboration, unlike any I've seen elsewhere. As an engineer I found the team to be refreshingly pragmatic, professional and always open to new... ideas. Every other Wednesday is "Innovation Wednesday" at Geckoboard, where you can explore new technology and ideas not necessarily related to work. In my year at Geckoboard I saw a remarkable number of interesting projects emerge from these Wednesdays, many of which are also open source: - Prism (profiler for the Go programming language) - Everdeen (debugging HTTP proxy) - Caffinator (coffee machine bot) - Cake Bot (code review bot) - File Roulette (dropbox file randomiser Some people would use this as an opportunity to learn a new programming language; one learned Erlang, I personally spent some time with Haskell and Elm. Every Friday we'd sit down and have lunch together (provided by the company of course) and get to know our colleagues better. For a few months during my time at Geckoboard, some issues in my personal life took me "out of action" and I had to take some time out of work with very little notice. Geckoboard were not only understanding, but INCREDIBLY supportive about this, going above and beyond the responsibility of an employer. I can't imagine more supportive team. I have a huge amount of respect for Paul the CEO, it's evident that He is building the company that He would want to work for. Finally I think it's important to say, that while no team is perfect - Geckoboard is refreshingly open and honest about it's shortcomings and eager to address them together.

Cons

None. Honestly. Can't think of one. I have to put something in this box though!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, growth always comes with some teething pains but you're better placed to handle them than any team I know!

Geckoboard2017-02-03
  10. "A startup with all the benefits but none of the BS"

Current Employee - Product Designer in London, England

I have been working at Geckoboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Awesome team. Geckoboard is carefully fostering a great culture as we grow - Great work/life balance. Flexible work times, work from home, etc. - High level of autonomy and trust - this comes directly from the CEO - A great product solving interesting problems

Cons

Nothing I can think of for now.

Advice to Management

Recent initiatives have been great (OKRs, employee NPS, etc), let's keep always trying to improve.

Geckoboard2017-02-14