General Dynamics Mission Systems Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 14 reviews

3.7
General Dynamics Mission Systems CEO Chris Brady
Chris Brady

"Great tech, better culture"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work on truly cutting edge technology in defense of the nation, good ideas rise to the top, comparatively low internal corporate bureaucracy.

Cons

Still more bureaucratic than purely commercial endeavors, workforce diversity (age, gender, and race) is improving but needs to be better.

Advice to Management

Nothing new... hire young, hungry engineers, deliberately find/create unclassified programs for them to work while waiting for security clearance approval.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2019-06-05
  2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Positive and professional work environment

Cons

Advancement is difficult, due to lack of transition of people

General Dynamics Mission Systems2019-03-21

"Once a Great company - now overrun by Hedgehog leadership"

Current Employee - Director in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

9-80 schedule, "My Time" and other flexible time off that makes working for this new company president tolerable

Cons

Out of touch company president and strategy/business development person. They are hunkering down on a few of "hedgehog" capabilities rather than expanding our capabilities so we can grow with new customers. We are losing our Mojo because of them.

Advice to Management

Move off your "Good to Great" kick - the rest of the world has moved beyond Circuit City and GE. GDMS employees do not want to share their fate, but you can.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2019-04-11

Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for five fortune 500 companies in my long career. General Dynamics is hands down the best of all of them. I am including American Express, CIGNA Healthplan, Motorola, Dial Corporation and several more. They take care of their employees with a close family atmosphere. GDMS offers a great culture, great work opportunities to grow your skills, better than market pay, and treat employees well. The... talent that you work with is awesome. Super smart, dedicated, passionate people. The company has done a lot to improve over the past 4 years. They strive for a best place to work culture, career road maps, better than market pay and benefits, low turnover and outstanding leadership

Cons

This is a workplace with dedicated, hard working employees. A person will not fit in if they are a slacker and want to guide through their career. Work life balance is great - but there are times when everyone pitches in for the team. Overtime can be required and is necessary to accomplish goals at times. Here the leadership knows your name and cares. It is a great culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Continue to develop your employees and be visible to them. Keep your ear to the ground to understand any discord and address it early. Hold your middle and lower level leaders accountable to become great leaders. Provide training and development to get them there. I know this is going on - need to continue to work on leadership development.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2018-02-16

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Base Pay is good. 9/80 work schedule is Great.

Cons

No Management Strategy communicated to the work force. Management does not communicate beyond their own direct reports. Lack of team work across Business areas and LOB's. Does not value business development role and contributions Management changes MIP allocation with employees without discussing changes first MIP goals not released until 6-months into work year...

Advice to Management

Better communication and interaction with workers. Trust and support your BD support

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-11-23

"Solid Company Across the Board"

Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good balance of business necessities and concern for employees Extremely interesting work Variety of work Opportunities for growth for those who excel Good work life balance Good people that care about the job and each other

Cons

Vestiges of bureaucracy in some areas Not a flashy company, doesn't have a strong brand image among the general population

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-07-13

"Leading International Security Company"

Current Employee - Director in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Complex, diverse, and rewarding jobs. Stable, mature, growing company. Respectful workplace. Great co-workers.

Cons

Not as aggressively innovative as a pure technology company by virtue of the industry

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue top talent while addressing those who don't fit or perform at the level of the rest of the team.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-07-09

Current Employee - Director in Pittsfield, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Diverse set of products and services. Focus on DOD and IC products, company moving away from services/support work. 5/4 work schedule available enabling every other Friday off.

Cons

Not integrated across all business units. Still often stovepiped organizations based on acquisitions in legacy AIS and C4S forms

Advice to Management

More transparency to employees as to business needs and issues. No need to hide bad news from employees, such as contract losses.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-07-15

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Management team is very focused on results from company wide employee surveys that take place every two years, to target areas for improvements that come directly from employee feedback. These improvements are tracked closely to ensure there are tangible results. This is very impressive compared t other company's where I have worked. This is not lip service, very impressive.

Cons

Fast pace of work, but excellent opportunity to make contributions if you demonstrate you're capable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on turning those survey results into actions. This is not lip service and it's greatly appreciated by employees.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-06-13
  10. "Was Formally GDAIS"

Director in Washington, DC

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent company to work. Professional leadership, inclusive of employee impute and life work balance.

Cons

During my time with the company I found none

Advice to Management

Keep it the good work and culture

General Dynamics Mission Systems2016-03-01