General Dynamics Mission Systems Reviews

Updated 11 Aug 2020

3.6
General Dynamics Mission Systems President  Chris Brady
Chris Brady

"Toxic culture, clique mentality and racist"

2.0
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Decent health benefits and 401k

Cons

- Stay away if you are a recent college grad - Working with outdated technology - Below average pay compared to competitors - Immature managers thinking they are still in college - Don't trust anyone in this company, they will throw you under the bus to save their job - Managers and co-workers always made racist and sexist remarks - Managers lack management experience. Expect a lot of micromanagement

August 11, 2020CCO

We appreciate your feedback and rest assured we take it seriously. Racism and sexism have no place at General Dynamics Mission Systems and we have zero tolerance for behavior of this nature from anyone. Please contact us at HR@gd-ms.com so we can learn more about your experience and take appropriate steps to ensure it's handled correctly. We want General Dynamics Mission Systems to be an amazing place to build a career for everyone. Thanks to your input we will continue to improve.

2. "Amazing company to work for"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Instructional Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great employee benefits, loved the people in the Orlando office (and elsewhere).

Cons

None, honestly. I really loved working here.

August 5, 2020CCO

Wow! Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to see you go but completely understand. If your circumstances happen to change, check out our Alumni page on the career website for more information on how to re-engage with our Talent Acquisition team.

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Taunton, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, flexible with time off usually

Cons

Rarely receive substantial raises, people are lazy

August 5, 2020CCO

Attracting and retaining top talent is our priority. After all our business is powered by thinking – original, creative and yes, even critical. We know that we have opportunities to improve and we’re working to make the changes that need to be made in order to make General Dynamics Mission Systems the best possible place to build a career. If you have specific feedback, please let us know by reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com. Thank you!

"Average DoD Company"

Former Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Overbearing managers are rewarded Process blind resulting in a lot of waste

July 21, 2020CCO

We appreciate your time to provide us with a review. We’re always looking for ways to improve our environment, including our tools, training and process. Your ideas are more than welcome. If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

5. "Great coworkers, good salary"

5.0
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Variety of projects, fast paced, challenging

Cons

A few (and I mean few), aren't really tech savvy

July 21, 2020CCO

Thank you for the great feedback. We appreciate your desire to know more about each role so please know that training is an ongoing commitment at General Dynamics Mission Systems. If you have any immediate questions we can answer, please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

6. "Decent"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance Pay was good with structured titles and position movement Every other Friday off with fair vacation

Cons

Older technologies - easy to get pigeonholed since jobs are very specific to contract Job itself wasn't very exciting. Lots of compliance and checking off things for gov contracts. Not easy being the young one. Get brunt work and not much of the exciting stuff as the seniors do. Lots of gatekeeping. If you don't have a good mentor to advocate for it's easy to get lost within the company.

June 24, 2020CCO

We appreciate your time to provide us with a review. We’re always looking for ways to improve our career environment. The fact is, we’re reviewing every aspect of our company including our tools and technology. Your ideas are more than welcome. If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

7. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

-Great team -Excellent work/life balance -A lot of opportunity to do a lot of different work

Cons

-A lot of meetings and discussion can be a distraction

June 24, 2020CCO

Thank you for your feedback. We are entirely committed to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work and we appreciate your recognition of our continued efforts. Thanks for being a part of it!

8. "Accepted Offer but no Confirmation of start date"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

The process was simple and efficient.

Cons

I got an offer which I accepted, however, I was told the start date was contingent on the customer approval. It has been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I am so confused. I just wish someone would reach out and give me more information.

June 29, 2020CCO

We apologize for any delays you have encountered. Please reach out to our team at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com and we will help answer any questions. Thank you!

9. "Not really engineering"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer II in Mobile, AL

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, good people, fast paced

Cons

The work is really more as a technician, since the engineering takes place in Pittsfield.

June 2, 2020CCO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We know it’s important to continually improve our job descriptions to provide a realistic overview of each position and ensure a good placement for candidates.

"GD will suck the life out of you...due to boredom"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flex hours, pay, a couple of nice people, but that is it.

Cons

too many people, not enough work. Extremely poor culture with a huge ego problem.

June 24, 2020CCO

If we only had positive feedback from employees, nothing would change. Thank you for sharing your experience at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We do take it seriously. While reviewing and improving every aspect of our culture is an ongoing commitment, your input will help us move forward even faster. If you have any specific ideas, please reach out to TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

Found 1092 reviews