General Dynamics Mission Systems Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.6
General Dynamics Mission Systems President  Chris Brady
Chris Brady
  1. "Pretty comfortable place to work with a lot of dated practices"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

People are nice Nearby food New office setup

Cons

Dated tools/technology Manager's don't always coordinate, hard to innovate

April 21, 2020CCO

We appreciate your time to provide us with a review. We’re always looking for ways to improve our career environment. The fact is, we’re reviewing every aspect of our company including our tools and technology. Your ideas are more than welcome. If you have additional feedback, please reach out to us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

"Great Place"

Current Employee - Security

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Superior Benefits, Excellent Management, Cares about employees, Constant and Clear Communication

Cons

None really. Interview was great and expectations are laid out.

April 14, 2020CCO

Wow! Thank you for your feedback. We are entirely committed to making General Dynamics Mission Systems a great place to work and we appreciate your recognition of our continued efforts. Thanks for being a part of it!

"Extremely rigid work enironment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Advanced Software Engineer III

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting hardware and good knowledgeable co-workers.

Cons

No wfh. Teams only stay together until end of project. Constantly reminded of repercussions of getting time reporting wrong. "We had to let people go because of incorrect time reporting" was brought up at every all-hands. 10% doing fun development. 90% Going through motions of the required rigid process due to being gov defense contractor.

April 21, 2020CCO

Thank you for sharing what you’ve encountered. We’re sorry that was your experience. While we have processes in place, we know that there is always room for improvement. We’re going to review your feedback with our teams and use it to improve communications and drive change throughout the company. If you are open to talking more about your experiences, please contact us TalentSupply@gd-ms.com.

"It’s a start"

Current Employee - Network Systems Engineer in Kings Bay, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most people care about there job.

Cons

Stubborn to get work done.

April 20, 2020CCO

Thank you for you feedback. Paying competitive salaries and bonuses – not to mention offering competitive benefits – is critical for any organization. Rest assured, we are listening and we annually review our compensation and benefits compared to everyone – not just in our industry but in every industry. We are committed to making sure our people are compensated for being the very best… because that’s what they are. If you have specific ideas, please contact us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

5. "Good Compasny"

Current Employee - Senior Software Tester in Linthicum, MD
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and 401k matching with no waiting for vestment.

Cons

Can flex hours only over two week pay period.

March 30, 2020CCO

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your commitment to General Dynamics Mission Systems and the feedback you provided. We have ongoing efforts in place to enhance our culture and benefits and your ideas are more than welcome and appreciated.

"Bureaucratic, mushroom management, and kind of racist."

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Taunton, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting environment to work in depending on which team you work on. An understanding and navigation of the culture can be a great influence of how well you do. It's good to take a step aside to view the bigger picture and figure out if the mission is worth the pain. Prioritize family and friends if you need to. Always remember that time is the most valuable thing you can give and someone can give to you. Share it with a place you love. A decent internship wage and initial salary to help pay student debt off.

Cons

I've experienced excessive bureaucracy, discrimination, and felt unsafe at times depending on the situation or who you are on the totem pole. Be aware of the politics inside and outside of the workplace as there may be a direct or indirect affect on your short term or long term career goals. There were times I felt degraded and a few sleepless nights and a few weekends of work consumed me. I reflect hoping years of my life were not a wasted effort. Make sure to do a 80/20 and are not constantly grinding at the problems at work. Constant grinding can lead to little or no exposure to playing office politics which may help. Watch out for the corporate hazing rituals. I wasn't onboarded when I first started full time and was left out to dry in the end. The China-US trade war has had collateral damage to the Asian-Americans which include defamation, damage to interpersonal relationships between friends, family, and colleagues. Work here when the world is a bit warmer.

April 20, 2020CCO

Please reach out to us. Racism or bigotry of any kind is not tolerated at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We encourage all employees to speak out at any time and we are committed to listening and taking action. We are working to continuously improve our culture and our onboarding experience. That being said, we are a company that believes in equal opportunity – a place with zero tolerance for racism and hazing. We are truly sorry that this was your experience and we welcome more feedback. Please contact us at TalentSupply@gd-ms.com

7. "Good but slow"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

good work and opportunities. Emphasis on training and learning.

Cons

lots of bureaucracy, things move slowly

8. "great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technician in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

interesting projects and lot of space to grow

Cons

Some parts are unionized, possible layoffs.

9. "Great People"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Richmond, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Great teams who believe in supporting the mission

Cons

Communication and training are not well rounded

10. "good work good job"

Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

a lot of room for growth

Cons

a lot of work added to plate

Found 1090 reviews