General Dynamics Mission Systems "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

General Dynamics Mission Systems Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 15 Aug 2019

Found 1032 reviews

3.6
General Dynamics Mission Systems CEO Chris Brady
Chris Brady
Pros
Cons
  • "People don't know where their job stands when they fire upper management or relocate them(in 40 reviews)

• "Senior management doesn't seem to notice that the economy has recovered(in 30 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Know where your area is headed..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance, very flexible (depending on where you work), opportunities to travel available

Cons

People don't know where their job stands when they fire upper management or relocate them. Those that work under them are left confused and lack motivation.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2018-02-13

"Good for after college"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Good benefits * Great for out of college prospects * Bright coworkers * Flexible hours

Cons

* Upper management is non-existent * Not able to work from home * Overworked

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-10-18

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My direct management is awesome! Open communication among my direct management and peers. I have opportunities to voice my opinions and concerns. There is respect and trust.

Cons

Upper management, at times, can be or give the appearance of draconian dictation. This is getting better and the reigns are starting to be relaxed, but decision making at the lower level is still heavily scrutinized.

Advice to Management

Relax the reigns a little and trust that your employees will make the right decision. If you aren't making mistakes, you aren't trying.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-08-03

"Contracts Manager"

Former Employee - Contracts Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company with incredibly competent leadership at the highest levels. The Contracts team based out of Scottsdale, AZ is also ran incredibly well. They had my back and valued my input. Overall the company is a good place to be, particularly if you support our military and want to work on programs that protect our country.

Cons

The satellite office I worked at was under constant transition. Though we had direction from "up-top", it seemed like office management did their best to turn non-issues into big customer problems because of lack of trust between departments. Upper management was aware of bickering and did not keep score (major plus).

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-03-16

"Out after 9 years."

Former Employee - Logistics Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good people to work with. Benefits are good. PTO is good as well.

Cons

No possibility for promotion unless you smooch the right rears. Upper management is a joke. This location is inconvenient. It is everyone for themselves mentality. This place is the worse.

Advice to Management

Retire. Let the next gens have a shot. Quit ousting good employees so that you can save your self. This place should be shut down.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2017-03-15

"Logistics"

Former Employee - Logistics in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people. Almost all the people I worked with were determined to succeed and fit well into a team environment. Prima Donnas lived "upstairs". Flexible work schedules fit almost everyone's needs.

Cons

Minimal advancement opportunities. Constant shrinking of benefit package and constant zero raise years. Constant layoffs without any notice, rhyme, or reason and no rationale from upper management.

Advice to Management

Make believe you are a communications company, and communicate! Treat people equally.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2016-12-07
  7. "Excellent Opportunities, Poor Management Support"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent training and opportunities for diverse employment.

Cons

Very poor upper management support for employees. Profit driven company in a race for the bottom of employee benefits and support.

Advice to Management

Trust and reward your people

General Dynamics Mission Systems2016-03-30
  8. "Good place to work, diverse projects"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

Great people to work with. Great local managers. They are trying to improve when they find faults in the organization.

Cons

Large organization. Upper management (not local) out of sync with challenges and communication.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to visit locations more and communicate challenges as well, not only how great the company is doing.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2015-11-13

"Technical Writer/Advanced Engineer-Systems"

Current Employee - Technical Writer/Advanced Engineer-Systems in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time

Pros

Cons

It used to be that the company supported the US Navy Fleet Personnel and the Navy submarines. But now they are just interested in the bottom line so upper management can maintain THEIR bonuses.

Advice to Management

Go back to the way you were.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2015-04-28

"Great place to work and learn"

Former Employee - Business Management Specialist in Chantilly, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at General Dynamics Mission Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

GD-AIS provides great benefits including access to many online educational programs. Their lower level management team looks out for their employees and treats them as family.

Cons

Upper management too often only looks at the bottom line figure. They cut employee benefits and then treat themselves to lavish management off-sites at luxury hotels. Additionally, there is no type of mentor program for employees or young managers.

Advice to Management

Develop a mentor program and live by the same rules as you give employees.

General Dynamics Mission Systems2014-10-18