80% would recommend to a friend
(46 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Colleagues are dynamic and supportive." (in 6 reviews)
- "Great culture and environment." (in 4 reviews)
- "Excellent leadership team." (in 3 reviews)
- "Flexible working and understanding of individual employees circumstances and needs" (in 3 reviews)
- "Great pay and benefits package, friendly work environment, the opportunity to work with and learn from a team of incredibly talented people, flexible hybrid working" (in 3 reviews)
Found 46 of over 48 reviews
Updated 29 Jun 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.023 Aug 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Wonderful team, great company goals and science.
Not a very large company, which can limit growth opportunities.
- 2.029 Jun 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsOxford, England
Strong culture within engineering Valuable product offering Quality of built products for customers is really high
Senior Leaders talk about transparency but don't actually embody it Confusing formality for maturity as the organisation grows Wider culture of uncertainty and low trust DEI has been completely sidelined for budgetary reasonsGenomics Response5mo
Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us. We are very sorry to see your feedback. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into this further. Kind Regards, Ryan
- 2.014 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Great data resource and some friendly people to work with
The last few years has seen a significant exodus of many of the best scientists due to frantic and poor decision making from senior management, very inefficient engineering culture which has been allowed to develop and still no concrete sense of product despite the company being nearly 10 years oldGenomics Response5mo
Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us. We are very sorry to see your feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve the culture at Genomics, so please email us at email@example.com, so we can help to develop this moving forwards. Kind Regards, Ryan
- 3.020 May 2023Senior Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
Good salary, good perks (healthcare etc), nice people, modern
Everything ruled by CEO, meaning slow responses, rifts etcGenomics Response7mo
We are very sorry to see your feedback. Could you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can explore what we can do differently moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us. Ryan
- 2.021 May 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Salary fairly good, good benefits, employees great to work with
Lost the small company feel, unclear of future direction and longevity of the companyGenomics Response7mo
We're sorry to hear about your less-than-satisfactory experience at Genomics. We value your feedback and would love to understand more about your experience. Could you please email us at email@example.com, so we can learn more about the issues you faced and work towards resolving them. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, Best, Ryan
- 4.01 Feb 2023Associate Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCambridge, England
- Open mindset; most are open to new ideas and new approaches. - Supportive colleagues; I was treated with respect even with my lack of experience. - Good flexibility and compensation.
- Formal training; no real formal training. This can sometimes be positive or sometimes negative IMO. - Long meetings. - During my time at the company there wasn't a very clear path for progression (this was in the process of changing at the end of my contract).
- 2.019 Apr 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
Good working conditions with pleasant colleagues.
Frequent strategy changes by senior management are at times difficult to navigate.
- 4.028 Mar 2023ManagerCurrent Employee
Fast paced and exciting new developments in science delivery
Rapid growth has made it difficult to maintain a solid organisational structure
- 4.024 Mar 2023IT Business AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Making great contributions to improving treatment of cancer and rare diseases
When I worked there office space cramped
- 4.016 Nov 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Working at the cutting edge of developing precision healthcare tools is very exciting, and it's great to be working for a company where what you do can make a positive difference. Colleagues are friendly and supportive, and willing to share expertise. Flexible working, access to learning tools, good benefits, a fun environment.
The usual issues with a small (but growing) start-up - a degree of uncertainty about the future, processes may not always be well developed or efficient. Senior leadership can feel distant at times. It's not always made clear why we are taking projects in particular directions.
Genomics Reviews FAQs
Genomics has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 48 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Genomics to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.
80% of Genomics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Genomics 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.