GetYourGuide "company grows" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

GetYourGuide Employee Reviews about "company grows"

Updated 18 Mar 2020

3.7
GetYourGuide CEO & Co-Founder Johannes Reck
Johannes Reck
Pros
  • "My favourite thing about GetYourGuide is that the company culture and values are taken seriously(in 15 reviews)

• "Free Breakfast and snacks and nice enough people(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "the ability to grow becomes more competitive as the company grows(in 9 reviews)

• "Customer service employees scramble to compete to apply for higher paid roles(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "company grows"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work and grow - highly recommend!"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time

Pros

Great passion, awesome product and driven team! You will get opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Pace is fast so it’s good for people who can tolerate uncertainty but as the company is growing this is changing as well.

GetYourGuide2020-03-18
  2. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide part-time for more than a year

Pros

- great company culture, it is a great environment to go to everyday - international environment - company growing rapidly which means lots of opportunities

Cons

- the ability to grow becomes more competitive as the company grows

GetYourGuide2020-01-04

January 16, 2020Talent Co-ordinator

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoy the company culture and the diverse work environment. We are growing very quickly, which means lots of new challenges and opportunities within the company. In regards to your thoughts on personal growth, we encourage you to have a conversation with your manager about how you can drive your development forward. Seek out the areas you wish to develop in and make a concrete learning plan to achieve your goals. You might also consider reaching out to our Talent Development team for support. Thanks again for providing your feedback. We really appreciate it. All the best, GetYourGuide

"More cons than pros"

I worked at GetYourGuide full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, free breakfasts, free soft drinks, beers on Friday (limited)

Cons

Politics, favoritism, no learning opportunities, tasks are getting more limited as the company grows, you are expected to work extra hours in most departments (not paid), VPs are literally saying that they are ok if people leave

GetYourGuide2019-09-27

October 17, 2019Talent Co-ordinator

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed working with your colleagues. We’re very proud of our team and the supportive environment they’ve created. We are sad to hear that you've left the company with a bad impression. As we grow, we can only combat office politics through direct feedback either in the monthly employee feedback survey, global updates, or 1-on-1 meetings with your manager. Feedback is also needed to address favoritism, as we actively try to provide a fair environment for all employees. When it comes to learning and taking on responsibility, there are several ways to take ownership and drive it yourself like speaking with your manager or the Talend Development team. This also goes for your work-life balance, as we expect employees to manage their own time when at the office. Did you read this blog post on how Max made work-life balance work for himself?: https://inside.getyourguide.com/blog/2019/6/27/relevant/on-working-remotely As we grow we cannot prevent growing apart from some employees and every organization experiences churn. We do focus on creating a culture where people want to stay by providing clear career path trajectories, opportunities for personal development, and a safe space to address issues. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. We wish you all the best in your future. Kind regards, GetYourGuide

Continue reading
  4. "Great company culture in a fast-growing environment"

Current Employee - Destination Manager in Paris

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company culture: very enthusiastic, solution-oriented employees & international environment - Clear objectives & transparency - feedback-oriented management & opportunity to learn, develop skills and grow

Cons

As company is growing fast, some services may lack of staff

GetYourGuide2018-10-05

October 11, 2018Talent Co-ordinator

Hi, Thanks for your taking the time for your review. We work hard to create a positive atmosphere in our offices where everyone feels happy and motivated to do their best, and we are thrilled that you are enjoying being part of the team. We aim for transparency around the strategy and business KPIs, as well as promoting a strong feedback culture. As you know, clarity is one of our core values and we strive to maintain this clarity by informing all employees on strategy, company goals, and also being open to input and feedback. Talent acquisition is currently our top priority, as we seek to build talented teams who will contribute to our international growth. We understand the challenges that come with working in such a high-growth environment and industry, and we would encourage you to reach out to your manager or the Recruiting Team to see how you can help to support and set your team up for success. Kind regards, GetYourGuide

Continue reading

"Great place to work but too low salary level"

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time

Pros

Most of the people are friendly. You really have certain freedom to perform your work. Laid back atmosphere.

Cons

The salary level is too low, almost unacceptable for the position of the company within the industry. If you came to this company for the money you came to the wrong place. Nobody is here for that, neither me. But there will a point as the company grows that it will definetely help to retain your talent. We really need to fix the pay ratio in Berlin. Some people believe that just because they were hired before they have more rights than others and that is wrong. People should be valued by their skills, also the soft ones, since not everybody is valid to be a manager or to be promoted just because they have been working more time than others. This reasoning makes no sense. Finishing at 6pm really impacts your work life balance. We should be free to come at 8am and leave at 5pm if we wish so. Surprisingly, not everybody shares or manifests the same core values and I can personally see that with people that is here for years.

GetYourGuide2017-09-02

September 4, 2017

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoy working with your colleagues in a friendly atmosphere and appreciate that you have freedom in your role. We are sorry that you feel our salary level is not adequate. We always aim to pay competitive market rate salaries and conduct regular research to ensure we do so. In most cases, we actually pay above market rate. If we see that the market rate changes, we will adjust our salaries accordingly as we have done in the past. We value all of our employees equally, and new starters are just as important to us as employees who have been here for a long period of time. We would advise you to speak to HR directly about some of these issues so they can help you with any concerns you may have. We really appreciate your review and will take your feedback on board. We always welcome feedback as it gives us an opportunity to constantly improve. Best, GetYourGuide.

Continue reading
  6. "Great place to learn and grow!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at GetYourGuide

Pros

I started working in GetYourGuide two years ago as a working student, and my enthusiasm, motivation, and dedication to the company haven't changed in the slightest. The team is quite international, we all truly believe in the product and enjoy what we do to the fullest, and the part that I love the most is that you grow as the company grows as well.

Cons

It is a challenging workplace as the company grows rapidly and perhaps if you are looking for the standard "9-5" job, it is not the right place for you.

GetYourGuide2017-04-23

"Growing company with outstanding company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has an outstanding company culture and currently growing a lot. I really enjoy working with very nice, outgoing and positive people every day to be part of a big success. The company is long term focussed and still led by very smart founders who are very close to the employees and are always approachable. The transparency is great and everybody feels always up to date with the developments. Every employee has some shares in the company and feels part of the journey.

Cons

The company is growing a lot recently and as this means constant change it is not a 9 - 5 job and some things are not 100 % clearly defined, but that is the case when a company is on a mission to grow fast.

GetYourGuide2017-04-06

July 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoy working at GetYourGuide and have had a positive experience so far. We really value your feedback and will continue to take your advice on board.

Continue reading
  8. "Exciting industry to work in with a great company to grow with"

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than a year

Pros

-A young, dynamic international team -Intelligent and approachable mid and C-level management -A company culture that encourages professional and personal growth -Free breakfast every morning, Club Mate, Coffee, Soda, Juice, snacks, etc always available -Friday external speakers, beer, pizza and socializing with great colleagues -Focus on employee trust and personal responsibility/ownership rather than micro management -A very fun industry to be apart of and be a forerunner of its technological progression -Growing quickly so professional but not corporate. Hard working yet fun environment.

Cons

-Lower than average holidays for Berlin -Advancement opportunities but only as quickly as company grows and positions become available

GetYourGuide2014-04-22

"A dynamic team to be a part of"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

rapid growth, international environment, friendly colleagues, dynamic, not yet corporate but professional, flexibility with working hours, free breakfast everyday, regular gatherings and meet-ups, family culture, training programs by different teams, transparency, young company with a young executive team.

Cons

As the company grows, individuals have less of a say in the decision making process. Initial salary is not big, but there is room for growth. Budgets are tight.

GetYourGuide2013-08-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews