Glasgow Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Brilliant Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Glasgow Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Glasgow Interactive. Since joining I have been made to feel so welcome and I immediately felt like part of the team. The training involved in this role is second to none. My trainer is extremely hands on and is always willing to help. I've worked for similar companies before but none that have treated me so well and paid me a daily rate as well as my commission & bonuses. Good job GI!

Cons

Early mornings can be a struggle but I think I'm just not a morning person :p

Advice to Management

None!

6 Oct 2015 – Marketing Manager

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us and please know that we take all feedback in to consideration so as to improve our business practices and generally, become a better company!

We're... More

2. "Sales assistant"

Former Employee - Events Assistant in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Events Assistant in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Glasgow Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management and the environment is very friendly the training is simple abd easy to follow the first few days you'll get cash bonuses but that doesn't last very long

Cons

You won't actually make any money
    Lunch and travel comes out of your own expenses
    The events aren't events unless you count standing on a street and pestering everyone an event. I do not recommend that you join this company there is no basic salary and its all strictly commission so unless you're making 7-8 sales everyday you won't be covering your expenses let alone actually make a profit. There's a reason that they are constantly looking for new people.

Advice to Management

Bring back a basic salary with commission or start covering for people's travel expenses.

"You will learn a lot but will not have any kind of life outside of work"

Former Employee - Team Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Team Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland

Pros

The Training was phenomenal, what i learned in my time there is amazing. What I've learned will pay off in the future.
    Your confidence will grow
    Yearly fun getaway (for top performers)

Cons

I worked here for a long period of time and at the start (and for most of my time) i thought it was the best opportunity in the world. (note you will be forced to believe you cannot be successful anywhere else).
    Once you get your first promotion you get to see the temper of the management if you dont bring in the results for just one day.
    you will not make enough money to do anything outside of work. everyday you will have to use your own money to go to the event you are on. Once you are stage 3 you will be paying for an interviews travel "to grow your team" (if you are traveling to stirling expect to spend £24 just to get there and then you will be expected to get them coffee and lunch if they dont have any money.
    dont expect to earn much you will get paid £40 per day then have the chance to make commision (no one in the glasgow office has been making commision for months while i was still there)
    There will be conference calls to shame people who have left the company.

Advice to Management

Start to care about the moral of the people who work for you. don't let them know how they mean nothing to you and you wouldn't care if everyone was to leave.
    This was a great company to work for then it went down hill.

"Don't do it, don't join"

I worked at Glasgow Interactive full-time

Pros

They seem to hire about 5 people a week so you'll most likely get the job if your gullible enough to expect, sadly I was

Cons

Mis leading job adverts looking for 'marketing/events' graduates
    This is not a graduate job
    The 'this company's so amazing can't even think of a con' reviews lies I imagine wrote by management
    £40 for 10hr work
    Trickery and mulipulation to get young workers to believe they are going to claim the ladder and earn 75k in year
    I say with all my heart do not leave a job for this completey miss sold package
    And you pay for all your travel, which is a lot specially when earning less than minimum wage

Advice to Management

The reason retention in this job is so pitifully low is because it is sold on lies and people aren't long on finding that out after a days work.
    Pay peanuts you get monkeys

"Scam of a company"

Pros

Better than signing on.

Cons

£40 a day basic rate - for a 10 hour shift
    You pester people in the street - rain, hail, sunshine or snow. No matter what the weather and you're expected to get the same amount of leads.
    You tell people there numbers etc will be used for one purpose only when their numbers are really being sold on.
    Promised promotion and directorship within a short and unrealistic timescale.
    Unprofessional management who do not care for their employees at all

"Company are being dissolved"

Former Employee - Lead Generator in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Lead Generator in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Glasgow Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn alot about how to not run a company

Cons

£40/day basic.
    12 hour days, you're told that the management training in the morning/evening are optional. They aren't. If you don't go, you will be fired.

They advertised themselves as having loads of different positions: Sales, marketing, lead generation etc (see the recent blog post on the interactive teams website) These are the same thing and the same position. It's all standing on a street getting people to sign up for a quote.

The best thing, however, is when I checked on Companies House after leaving and saw that the company is in the process of being dissolved.

In 6 weeks, the company won't exist and all assets will be turned over to the crown. (Seriously, check on Companies House, it's all there to see.)

The kicker is that they're still hiring!!!!

STAY CLEAR!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people if the company is folding!!!

You should have paid staff properly and treated everyone better when you had the chance

"A great company with real career prospects for everyone"

Current Employee - Team Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Glasgow Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to Glasgow Interactive from working as an Assistant Manager at a bar and I was thrilled with the training they had on offer. I didn't realise management could be so different from industry to industry. I came in to start from the bottom and work my way up and already I have seen people around me promoted in a short space of time. It's great to see because in hospitality, there's no real progression with benefits. The work just gets harder and longer with no real compensation for your efforts ie. significant payrises or recognition of your hard work. I love my role at Glasgow Interactive. The team are great, there's always a helping hand around and the Management team here actually speak to you like you're a human being rather than just another cog in the wheel. I'm excited to work towards my promotion and be a strong part of the team. The bonuses you can earn are really good too, that's a good perk to the job! The company is a startup of just 3 years old so anyone working here now is in a really good place for when the business expands more as well.

Cons

I wouldn't even know what to say for cons just now. I'm sure there are some but I'm just loving it. I think the work in general was a struggle for my to adjust to initially. As an Assistant Manager in a bar, I worked evenings and weekends mostly so going to a standard day job took a bit of getting used to!

Advice to Management

My advice to Management would be to always give everyone an opportunity to show what they can bring to the business. I'm sure you do anyway but I know when it comes to recruitment, you'd probably look for management, customer service or sales experience but I think leaving room for no experience would give hard working people a chance (like me!)

6 Oct 2015 – Marketing Manager

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us as we take all feedback into consideration!

It's great that you feel that a career with Glasgow Interactive can be for anyone who puts their mind to... More

"Training at GI is amazing"

I have been working at Glasgow Interactive full-time

Pros

I've never had a role before that comes with so much extra training. My confidence has shot up because of it. Since day one, I've learned so much and not just about our clients and campaigns but about general professional development stuff as well. I am so confident in my abilities now and I'm just excited to see where I'll be in a few years time!

Cons

I love my job at GI. Going from my job in a graduate sales role to this was a pretty big change so I suppose throwing myself in at the deep end was a bit of a con initially, I didn't really feel prepared for getting straight into it.

Advice to Management

More training!!! :D

6 Oct 2015 – Head of Media

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review us. We take all feedback into consideration as we are constantly looking for ways to improve!

We're thrilled that you are pleased with the training on... More

"Missing It Already"

Former Employee - Student in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Student in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Glasgow Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a fantastic atmosphere within the Glasgow office, everyone is extremely welcoming I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and only left due to moving abroad. The focus on progression is second to none, sometimes these things just sound like empty promises but I saw it happen in front of my eyes for my colleagues. Don't get me wrong it's hard work but there's a proper career there for you if you want it.

Cons

Initially the early starts but as I got to know my team and the role itself I actually preferred this.

Advice to Management

The bonuses were a huge morale booster and greatly appreciated, but naturally we want more!

6 Oct 2015 – Marketing Manager

Hi, thanks for reviewing us. We take all feedback and comments in to consideration in order to improve our business practices so we appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to share your... More

"waste of time"

Pros

boost your confidence with a whopping £40 per day

Cons

£40 per day self employed, then deduct £20 travel expenses, hassle every human being in your path.

Advice to Management

what a croc

21 Oct 2015 – Marketing Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm really sorry you've left feeling negative about your time at GI. I completely understand your concerns but I would like to take this opportunity to... More