Glassdoor Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 24, 2021

Found 121 of over 920 reviews

4.2
Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is strongly encouraged which is table stakes as a father with a young child(in 103 reviews)

• "Great people ( They really are 'good eggs' in GD lingo)(in 60 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company has growing pains they are working out(in 49 reviews)

• "None, good work life balance, freedom(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Glassdoor

Join the conversation on

Data & Analytics Consultants

7m

works at

CapTech

Hey Guys. Hoping to get some advice here. I am currently a Senior Manager at CapTech with 12 YOE, all in consulting. I have been with CapTech specifically for 7 years doing a bunch of different things from developing ETL pipelines to analytics and dashboarding. My most recent role was more in product analytics where I feel like I have really grown from ‘just a BI developer’ to a data product owner like role. Right now my base is at 130K. Looking at data on Glassdoor this seems low. Thoughts?

5 Comments

Tech

285.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Glassdoor~100431
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and culture!

Aug 22, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is only week one for me, however everyone is super welcoming, friendly, inclusive and supportive! Employee's wellbeing and work/life balance appears to be super important, which is great to see. The 5 week remote onboarding program is very comprehensive and easy to follow. Loving the experience so far, one of the best ones I have had!

Cons

There are no cons so far.

VP, Customer Success

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so glad to hear you are having a positive experience. It is extremely important to myself and leadership that you feel welcome, supported and included throughout your time at Glassdoor. I also appreciate your feedback on our onboarding process as that has been an area of focus as we want to ensure you are set up for success. Thank you again for sharing your perspective and welcome to Glassdoor! Rennie Taylor, VP Customer Success

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great EMEA team with a good work culture

May 25, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

team culture, EMEA leadership, work life balance, great product

Cons

Very few so far - navigating change and recent Indeed partnership is an ongoing challenge.

3. Ask Employees™

I am satisfied with Glassdoor’s progress to date on its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.

Agreed or Strongly Agreed:87%Polled:Jul 2022Responses:390 ResponsesResponses:390Audience:All employees
      Agree 182 (47%)
      Featured Employee Response

I have never worked somewhere that are so considerate towards all manners of minorities and differences of thought and culture.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent

Aug 26, 2020 - Intern in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management , Work life balance,Friendly, Opportunity, Colleagues

Cons

Competitive, Busy, Loud, Stress, Noise

Glassdoor Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re thrilled to read that you had an excellent experience working on our EMEA teams, and that you felt you had a job that fit and supported your life. Your feedback is valuable as we look to grow into an even more equitable and inclusive place to work!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Glassdoor has transformed my career and life...

Feb 14, 2018 - Enterprise Relationship Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Glassdoor has an amazing vision and a great company culture alongside a product suite unrivaled by anyone else in the marketplace with future innovations in the pipe that are sure to keep Glassdoor as the global leader in recruiting and employer branding solutions. Glassdoor has a great vision and mission, inspiring senior leaders and the best culture and values in the world. They genuinely care about people and they give you the opportunity to transform yourself as a professional in line with EMEA growth. Everyone seems genuinely grateful and happy to be here. There is no seniority complex among the management team and each individual is recognised as an important part of the wider company. A lot of time is also invested in personal development which I have not seen anywhere else. The facilities are superb and work environment is great fun. There is a positive work/life balance. Managers offer a lot of trusts which helps you to perform well and enjoy your day.

Cons

The business is at a critical juncture, and some crucial business decisions must be made to keep it growing and the standout in its industry. It seems we have just started this journey, I hope it's not too late.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting company where you can make a difference and work alongside great people

May 24, 2017 - Partnerships in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved coming in to work every day. The team are all so lovely and respectful and the work environment is great. Everyone is very driven about the Glassdoor mission and very passionate about their work. Glassdoor as an employer is super flexible and appreciates the work/life balance of their employees. You also get a lot of opportunity at Glassdoor to use your skills and develop professionally. It's still in many ways a start-up which clearly isn't for everyone but really what difference do you expect to make at the alternative, a 10k+ employees professional network company based in central London? If you want to really contribute and feel like your work makes a difference then you should work for Glassdoor. The direct management in my team was very supportive, great mentors and anything but micro-management. Generally Glassdoor doesn't really do micromanagement which also means you should know to manage yourself. Other pros are the competitive salary, great office location, nice team events, progression and autonomy. Talking for the London office, I wouldn't say the negative reviews really give an accurate idea of the work environment. There's challenges that come with any start-up but most comments do not resonate with my experience in any way. I can truly recommend Glassdoor to anyone that is looking for a meaningful job, with tons of learning opportunities, room for growth, amazing colleagues and a healthy work environment.

Cons

I had no reason whatsoever to leave on my own initiative for above reasons but the company decided to let me go due to focus shift away from most EMEA markets. Very disappointing and sad but I respect tough decisions need to be made in order to move the business forward - although in all modesty I believe this was a poor decision made by higher management as I (as well as my colleagues in the other markets) build up tons of relationships within industry and media landscape that will be hard to rebuild when focus will be shifting back to those markets. In addition to that we took on so many different tasks outside of our original jobs such as sales, marketing, pr, etc. (which I loved as never a day was the same), while getting paid for 1 which is a pretty good deal for the company I'd say. It's like spending ages on building a sand castle and then kicking it in. What monster does that, no offense. Anyway I'm all for flexible redundancy rules but perhaps in a more constructive way.

10 people found this review helpful

Senior Vice President, Sales

Thank you for sharing such detailed feedback, it’s meaningful and incredibly helpful. As we look for ways to improve & change, we will certainly take your words into consideration for the future. Hope you are doing well in your next endeavor!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Anything in life worth having is worth working for

May 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Glassdoor London longer than anyone else and feel that I am qualified to give a balanced opinion based on a number of different team changes and a significant amount of growth over time. I fully believe that Glassdoor is destined for greatness on a global scale and I personally enjoy working here very much. I look forward to every day, I understand and support the mission of the company, I know how I can make a difference and my goals are clear. I feel like I am well supported by my manager and wider team in the US and I also feel like the work-life balance is good. Our benefits program is slowly improving but the main benefit for me are the share options, which I value highly. The culture in London is good (in my opinion) although perhaps a work in progress. We get together and socialise pretty regularly. We always have team events in the pipeline and I enjoy everyone's company in the office. Some of us have been around for a while now and, just as with any company, others have left for various reasons. It hasn't worked out for some people, but at the end of the day, that's life. Glassdoor isn't for everyone and some people have probably had a pretty rough time and struggled, but I have thrived here. I feel appreciated by the CEO and in return I feel a strong sense of loyalty. There's no magic formula: if you like your job and you are good at it, you do well.

Cons

Let's be honest, we're not there yet, in terms of where I want Glassdoor to be in Europe nor where I thought we would be at this point in 2017. As a company, we're having to re-focus and set ourselves up for success, and I accept that. This is quite normal for a hyper-growth company. I'm not concerned about our strategy or momentum, but it doesn't mean that I'm not fed up about being temporarily restricted in terms of my scope. My hours can be quite long and there is certainly a lot of scrutiny and pressure. However, I've always felt that I can take the time I need to recharge as well as have flexible working. If you like an all-singing, all-dancing benefits scheme, everything on a plate, easy-sell corporate environment with massive salaries, then Glassdoor is not for you. If you don't mind pushing the envelope and you are resilient enough to rough it a bit on the journey, then Glassdoor could take you into a new league in terms of what you thought you could achieve and where you thought your career could go. You need to see the bigger picture and not get caught up on little things if you want to be satisfied working here. I actually like this in a way because it filters out those that can't, or are not willing, to go the distance.

14 people found this review helpful

CEO & Founder

As one of our first hires in the UK, I salute you for taking on the unknown and setting us up for success in our first-ever European office. You point to a hardworking scrappy environment that I cherish and appreciate you cultivating. You also point to areas where we can get better - we’re taking in your feedback so we can continue to get better and create an all around great working environment. We want you feel successful both in the work you do and where you do the work.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

GD Europe exciting place to be! Positive environment, lovely team.

Oct 23, 2015 - Partnerships Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Team is lovely - Positive, casual and mature work environment of dedicated people - Great work/life balance - A lot of flexibility - Very exciting place to be - Glassdoor is growing massively every day and you get to be a part of it!

Cons

When you start at GD Europe you have to realize it's still a start-up feeling where you are expected to be a self-starter and learn the ropes yourself. Flexibility comes with ownership and you have to be able to carry this. If this suits you, you can count this as a plus!

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Exciting Times Ahead

Aug 24, 2021 - Enterprise Account Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy, intentional culture that has the best aspects of a stable enterprise married with a scrappy, growing startup. Work/life balance is strongly encouraged which is table stakes as a father with a young child. Fantastic onboarding experience. Training content is comprehensive and engaging and leaders/peers are eager to help, whether that be with questions, 1:1's, shadowing, etc. Indeed partnership and integration has been far from smooth but both sides are finally getting their homes in order and there are tremendous opportunities for the business heading into 2022 and beyond.

Cons

Downside to the ever-evolving Indeed partnership is that there are still inefficiencies to work out, but leadership is open and aware of what needs to be improved and streamlined. Delta variant has thrown reopening and travel plans out of the window (no fault of GD) so there's an opportunity for further transparency around future implications.

3 people found this review helpful

VP, Global Sales

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you are excited about our future and the intentional, people-first culture we continue to build and protect here at Glassdoor. I am also so happy to hear that you feel supported in your work / life balance needs as you prioritize your family and other areas of your life in addition to work. That is a core component of our values and I strongly encourage you to continue to find the balance you need to ensure you are fulfilled both professionally and personally. I do also understand that our partnership with our sister Company Indeed still has room for optimization. I agree that there is still an opportunity to make the partnership even stronger and more seamless. I am glad to know you feel this feedback is being heard and prioritized by your leaders so we can capture those opportunities for improvement. Thank you again for your feedback and being a part of this Glassdoor journey. I am so happy you are here! - Molly McKinstry, VP Global Sales

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office with decent work life balance. Salary was fair and balanced. Fast paced company. Like most tech companies. Generally enjoyed the experience.

Cons

Growing pains like most tech companies. Has a reputation for fake reviews harming normal companies with disgruntled employees. Needs to correct that image to improve reputation.

1 person found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Total Rewards

Thanks for the feedback and we are happy to hear your entire compensation package felt fair and balanced. We take into account all the components of compensation from base salary, bonus/commission targets and equity as a long-term incentive. We strive to ensure we are paying to our market and are intentional in some components by exceeding the market with direct peer groups. Two times per year, which run in parallel to our Fall and Spring focal reviews (bonuses are paid every 6 months per year), we compare and benchmark against similar companies by industry, headcount and our annual revenue. The companies we benchmark against include Redfin, Gogo, Quotient Technology, MongoDB and many others. We intentionally target our base salary midpoint as the 65th percentile for non-tech roles and in the 75th percentile for tech roles. Most technology companies target competitive wages at the 50th percentile when benchmarking base pay. This means that 65-75% of organizations we compete with, will pay less than our rate for that role. Thanks again for the feedback and glad you were a part of our team. - Brian Conner, Sr. Director of Total Rewards

11. 5.0

Great start so far!

Aug 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am thrilled to be approaching month 1 at Glassdoor! The interview process and onboarding have been seamless. Most of all, I have a true sense of belonging to a great company. The culture and appreciation for work/life balance are the best I have seen in the industry.

Cons

The company is going through a natural transition point in the maturity model and change management will be key to retain legacy team members who are key to the success. However, I believe the right leaders are in place to take the company through this and succeed!

Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you so much for your review, and welcome to Glassdoor! Your seamless interview and onboarding experience is wonderful to hear about, especially knowing all the hard work our internal teams have put into both. I'll be sure to pass your feedback their way. We are truly excited for the future, and thankful to have you along for the ride! - Mark Batke

Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Reviews