Global Work & Travel Reviews

Updated 1 Jul 2020

4.7
Global Work & Travel Co-Founder & CEO Jürgen Himmelmann (no image)
Jürgen Himmelmann
Pros
  • "I met some of my closest friends by working at The Global Work & Travel Co(in 19 reviews)

• "I love working for Global, it's amazing to be able to work for a company who cares for their staff & travellers(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but you are compensated nicely(in 9 reviews)

• "11 bucks an hour while trying to convince travellers the minimum wage is at least(in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Opportunity!"

Current Employee - European Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The Team is energetic and enthusiastic about their roles. - Its a brilliant package we offer. - The consultancy feel of the service we offer helps the clients make informed decisions and we help them make that first step that will change their life! - Management is good and engaging - Great start time, especially for London!

Cons

No Cons currently that I can see.

2. "Good starting job"

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, young team, inclusive atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, gets repetitive quickly

3. "Not my thing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Global Work & Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office is nice and clean, whetherspoons next door and they do try and run staff social events frequently including after work Friday drinks Good to chat with different people each day about travel Management are quite understanding when personal issues arise

Cons

Training honestly isn’t all that great before you’re put on the phones to pitch. Sales pitch is actually quite manipulative and you realise that more and more as days go by- if you’re not naturally inclined towards sales then this isn’t the role for you. Although you’re supposed to be calling people regarding an ‘enquiry’ if you don’t close the sale on that call, your stats simply don’t live up to expectations and I found that to be quite full on for potential customers given you’re trying to convince them (often very young people) to make a life changing decision. Yes the staff are friendly and work environment is mainly pleasant, it is very clique orientated and if you aren’t accepted into the social group straight away you may feel a little left out. Overall I did not enjoy this role as I didn’t agree with the pushy nature of the job, however a naturally sales driven person may enjoy it more. Hours are very long with only a half hour lunch and small break in the afternoon- most jobs I’ve had have had better conditions than this.

4. "Review"

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Being able to give people the chance to work and travel abroad ultimately providing them with a life changing experience. -Learning more about different countries

Cons

For me personally... the commute, but other than that nothing at all.

5. "Global Review"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere with positive people who are like minded and yet all completely different and bring their own flare to the environment . Passionate travellers all round

Cons

Weatherspoons close location doesn't allow for saving

"Great company to work your way up"

Current Employee - Sales Team Manager in London, England

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Selling something I believe in which makes work fun. Great company with good morals, most staff have with similar passions and you work hard and are allowed to progress with the company!

Cons

Can be difficult training staff from scratch when you get a lot of staff on WH visas who work for a year and leave.

Continue reading

"Perfect Introduction to Working Life"

Current Employee - Travel Sales Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Global Work and Travel Co. have really made me feel welcome and a valuable member of the team, even after just working there for a month. I get to talk about travel every single day and inspire, encourage and help fellow travellers have the volunteering and teaching experiences I've been able to have myself. I have to admit, I have genuinely cried about being a part of someone's travel dream and knowing that I've helped that become a reality: there isn't a feeling quite like knowing that you really have changed someone's life for the better. I also love how there is constant training and feedback and there is proof of progression in the company which is always a positive. I'm a recent graduate and having this role as my first 'proper' job has been not only rewarding but exciting and challenging in the best possible way.

Cons

As is the nature of the job, you have good sales days and bad sales days and it's important to have that resilience to be able to do the job justice. Sometimes I feel like there is miscommunication between management and other team members which results in misinformation and misunderstanding of the best way to approach and handle a pitch.

"My time so far"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very welcoming environment, young friendly energetic staff. Constant rewards and incentives for desirable working attitude not just sales but also which is useful when you first start. A fantastic amount of training more than i have ever seen before.

Cons

A lot of information to absorb so may take a little while to take it all in but with the training provided they help you get there. You have to be resilient as it is a sales role and you will be rejected many times.

9. "Very much a young, fun and exciting place to work"

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time

Pros

The office is a relatively laid back for a London office. There is a small management structure which makes the level of trust and responsibility greater. A good thing, if you want to progress and seek recognition. The office culture is very relaxed but focused, and offers plenty of banter which I think is important to a company. Working for a travel company definitely has its perks and it's definitely motivating when you're trying to encourage individuals to take that first step towards an experience of a lifetime (when they wouldn't otherwise do it).

Cons

It's an Australian company, so it can make communication with senior management difficult with the time zones. As a result, it does have impacts on the day to day running of the business and also just being able to talk about ideas with people in the company on the other side of the world. Despite this, they do utilise communication platforms and respond to questions whenever they can.

10. "Great atmosphere, supportive environment and a great 'Work Hard Play Hard' culture!"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Global Work & Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is my second time round at the company (first time round 1.9 years this time 4 weeks in.) as I travelled to Australia to work and travel in between! My opinion of Global has changed a lot from then till now, defiantly for the better. I think this has something to do with seeing the company grow since I was last here and the improvements to the working lives of staff members since I was away! I believe that the company does so much good and cares so much about travellers having a real stress free and comfortable time on this once in a lifetime trip! It's refreshing working in an environment and selling a product that brings joy to so many people, even if it is luxury! You have the chance to change people lives for the better! The office culture here in the UK is great, our Managers are all young, fun and always up for a good night out! The location is great for commuting from anywhere in London and the surrounding areas. Starting at 10:30am is great as you miss out on the morning rush hour wherever you're coming from! If you understand the job and how to do it properly it doesn't really feel like work! All in all a great place to work if you can do it :)

Cons

Not many! Just same as a few other people have stated. - 30 min break is a bit short compared to other 8.5 hour days. - The job itself can become slightly repetitive, having the same chats with the same demographic day after day BUT all phone based roles are the same, nothing personal against global here. - Finishing work at 7pm each day doesn't leave time much time for extra work activities I.E hobbies. If you have that dance class or yoga session or boxing class you normally attend at 6pm, you might struggle with not being able to go!

Found 112 reviews