Global Work & Travel Reviews

Updated May 26, 2021

Found 124 of over 157 reviews

4.6
Global Work & Travel Co-Founder & CEO Jürgen Himmelmann (no image)
Jürgen Himmelmann
Pros
  • "Being able to give people the chance to work and travel abroad ultimately providing them with a life changing experience(in 15 reviews)

• "I met some of my closest friends by working at The Global Work & Travel Co(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours but you are compensated nicely(in 10 reviews)

• "11 bucks an hour while trying to convince travellers the minimum wage is at least(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

What a great company to work for!

May 26, 2021 - General Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for the company for a long time and only have positive things to say. Especially over the last year or so with covid affecting the business & travel, the company adapted along the way and made changes to keep myself and other staff employed. Great office in London, great product and things can only get better moving forward.

Cons

Only aimed at the pandemic, having to work less & from home for the best part of the year,

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not my thing

Dec 12, 2019 - Sales Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office is nice and clean, whetherspoons next door and they do try and run staff social events frequently including after work Friday drinks Good to chat with different people each day about travel Management are quite understanding when personal issues arise

Cons

Training honestly isn’t all that great before you’re put on the phones to pitch. Sales pitch is actually quite manipulative and you realise that more and more as days go by- if you’re not naturally inclined towards sales then this isn’t the role for you. Although you’re supposed to be calling people regarding an ‘enquiry’ if you don’t close the sale on that call, your stats simply don’t live up to expectations and I found that to be quite full on for potential customers given you’re trying to convince them (often very young people) to make a life changing decision. Yes the staff are friendly and work environment is mainly pleasant, it is very clique orientated and if you aren’t accepted into the social group straight away you may feel a little left out. Overall I did not enjoy this role as I didn’t agree with the pushy nature of the job, however a naturally sales driven person may enjoy it more. Hours are very long with only a half hour lunch and small break in the afternoon- most jobs I’ve had have had better conditions than this.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

DO NOT WORK HERE

Sep 17, 2020 - Sales Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Probably just the people. Understanding management about personal issues and can be lenient on important personal issues.

Cons

Old school sales tactics. Selling a dream that isn't what it appears and forced to be pushy. They record every call and play it in front of everyone if is make one slip up.

4. 5.0

Fantastic Opportunity!

Jan 2, 2020 - European Sales Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The Team is energetic and enthusiastic about their roles. - Its a brilliant package we offer. - The consultancy feel of the service we offer helps the clients make informed decisions and we help them make that first step that will change their life! - Management is good and engaging - Great start time, especially for London!

Cons

No Cons currently that I can see.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very much a young, fun and exciting place to work

Mar 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office is a relatively laid back for a London office. There is a small management structure which makes the level of trust and responsibility greater. A good thing, if you want to progress and seek recognition. The office culture is very relaxed but focused, and offers plenty of banter which I think is important to a company. Working for a travel company definitely has its perks and it's definitely motivating when you're trying to encourage individuals to take that first step towards an experience of a lifetime (when they wouldn't otherwise do it).

Cons

It's an Australian company, so it can make communication with senior management difficult with the time zones. As a result, it does have impacts on the day to day running of the business and also just being able to talk about ideas with people in the company on the other side of the world. Despite this, they do utilise communication platforms and respond to questions whenever they can.

6. 5.0

Perfect Introduction to Working Life

May 28, 2019 - Travel Sales Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Global Work and Travel Co. have really made me feel welcome and a valuable member of the team, even after just working there for a month. I get to talk about travel every single day and inspire, encourage and help fellow travellers have the volunteering and teaching experiences I've been able to have myself. I have to admit, I have genuinely cried about being a part of someone's travel dream and knowing that I've helped that become a reality: there isn't a feeling quite like knowing that you really have changed someone's life for the better. I also love how there is constant training and feedback and there is proof of progression in the company which is always a positive. I'm a recent graduate and having this role as my first 'proper' job has been not only rewarding but exciting and challenging in the best possible way.

Cons

As is the nature of the job, you have good sales days and bad sales days and it's important to have that resilience to be able to do the job justice. Sometimes I feel like there is miscommunication between management and other team members which results in misinformation and misunderstanding of the best way to approach and handle a pitch.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work your way up

May 28, 2019 - Sales Team Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Selling something I believe in which makes work fun. Great company with good morals, most staff have with similar passions and you work hard and are allowed to progress with the company!

Cons

Can be difficult training staff from scratch when you get a lot of staff on WH visas who work for a year and leave.

8. 5.0

My time so far

Mar 26, 2019 - Sales Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very welcoming environment, young friendly energetic staff. Constant rewards and incentives for desirable working attitude not just sales but also which is useful when you first start. A fantastic amount of training more than i have ever seen before.

Cons

A lot of information to absorb so may take a little while to take it all in but with the training provided they help you get there. You have to be resilient as it is a sales role and you will be rejected many times.

9. 5.0

Review

Jul 2, 2019 - Sales Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Being able to give people the chance to work and travel abroad ultimately providing them with a life changing experience. -Learning more about different countries

Cons

For me personally... the commute, but other than that nothing at all.

10. 4.0

Good starting job

Jan 7, 2020 - Sales Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, young team, inclusive atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, gets repetitive quickly

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews