GlobalOrange Reviews

Updated 2 Aug 2018

4.6
GlobalOrange Managing Directors Yvo Gortemaker & Erik Seveke (no image)
Yvo Gortemaker & Erik Seveke
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time for less than a year

Pros

GlobalOrange offers a great place to work. Spacious office, nice colleagues, challenging projects, and generous benefits.

Cons

Can't yet think of any. Keep you posted ;)

March 6, 2020CEO

Great to hear; that's enough reasons for us to exist! :-) Thanks for your review.

2. "Best company for an internship"

Current Intern - Stagiair

I have been working at GlobalOrange

Pros

Great workspace, good guidance and most importantly a really friendly environment to work in. Would really recommend GlobalOrange to other students who are looking for an internship within Amsterdam.

Cons

GlobalOrange is doing great, so there is no feedback at the moment.

3. "GlobalOrange is a great, cozy and fun company to work for."

Current Employee - Software-architect in Amsterdam

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time for more than a year

Pros

For me, the people whom i work with matter a lot. Great colleagues make most workdays very pleasant. Free lunch, beers, parties, boat trips are quite nice as well Open communication Owners sit together with all employees Mature development culture, good balance of people with different levels of experience

Cons

Communication can be ad-hoc sometimes (hallway conversations), like in most small companies. There is, however, a clear effort to improve this.

October 27, 2017CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. good to hear there are so many points you appreciate about GO. We're indeed continuously working on improving whilst also taking care not to become a process driven company. To drive the improvement and get everyone involved we now have a weekly developers lunch and a weekly Tacit knowledge session which are giving nice results.

4. "Great employer"

5.0

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time

Pros

I've been working for almost a year and a half now at Global Orange and I'm very happy with the company so far. As a non-Dutch speaker, it's very important for me that the company is really international, and we have all our meetings (and lunches!) in English. Also, in my first year, the company paid for a beginner Dutch course which was very helpful in making the whole accommodation easier. The projects in the company are very diverse, ranging from small one-off projects of 1-3 months and all the way to big long-term projects, running for several years. Each project adapts to the product's and client's needs, so you can work in very diverse setups: small teams, bigger distributed teams, scrum or kanban processes etc. As a developer, you are given the choice on which type of project you prefer and this makes it really exciting since you can try different styles and learn from each in the real world. I also really like that this is still a rather small company so the CEO is in the same office as us and we can just go and chat to him about anything. You can also feel this in the office atmosphere which is very friendly. Overall, I would definitely recommend this company. It's a really fun and challenging environment to be in!

Cons

Well one of the pluses could also be seen as a minus - since the projects are so diverse, it's easy to have different processes for each, but I think a bit more standardization could help.

Continue reading
  5. "Great company and great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Developer in Amsterdam

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great informal atmosphere, smart colleagues, fantastic office in the building of a former church, free lunches that go far beyond a basic tosti, borrels and other celebrations. Sometimes the line between colleagues and friends might be a bit blurry and somehow it creates a great feeling. From a developer's perspective, one of the greatest things is that there are a lot of opportunities for trying new and exciting technologies while at the same time keeping the more mature options that still make us happy. Also, there is a lot of focus on quality code. Sometimes the projects are also very challenging, which is in itself very motivating.

Cons

Despite the growth, Globalorange remains a rather small company and sometimes things can be a bit ad hoc. Also some improvements are necessary regarding devops, but I know that this is already addressed. Finally, I think it would help if the project managers would be more technical.

Continue reading
  6. "Healthy and relaxing atmosphere"

Current Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Amsterdam

I have been working at GlobalOrange full-time for more than a year

Pros

The combination of very nice colleagues, and a relaxing atmosphere makes GlobalOrange the perfect place to work. There is a healthy mix between talented young professionals and experienced seniors, which makes a perfect match and often results in successful projects. I really enjoy working at GlobalOrange and am still learning every day!

Cons

Sometimes there are some minor miss communications between the sales- and development department. This problem has been addressed and the departments are currently working on a solution to prevent this from happening in the future.

January 3, 2017CEO

Thanks a lot for your review! We've indeed had some communication issues between "sales" and delivery mid last year. This has been solved by involving delivery much more in the initial discussions with our clients and by a formal hand-over once a project starts.

7. "Great company!"

Project Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at GlobalOrange

Pros

I've been working at GlobalOrange for more than one year now. GlobalOrange is a very nice company to work. Though most colleagues are Dutch, we work with people from all over Europe. so a lot of conversations are in English. GlobalOrange has a variety of customers, so no project is the same. The atmosphere is great. Everyone is very friendly. Of course the office is a beautiful place to work, lunch is great and the Friday drinks/parties are amazing :-)

Cons

I needed to much time to come up with something. If I have to mention one thing, it would probably be the temperature of the office in the summer :-)

January 3, 2017CEO

Thank you for your kind words. When the temperature reaches above 30 deg C in Amsterdam the church in which we're located does indeed turn a bit hot. Luckily (or unfortunately?) this only happens a few days a year in the Netherlands and we have plenty of ice cream to battle the heat..this year let's have a bbq on the square in front of the church at the end of the next hot day.

8. "Inspiring workplace"

Project Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at GlobalOrange for more than 8 years

Pros

A true agile company that inspires employees to build great software. The atmosphere is positive and open. Input from any seniority level is considered relevant and responsibilities are delegated. High quality software that add real value to customers is what motivates the employees and what is also what management strives for. On top of that we have great lunches and celebrate often.

Cons

Being in a beautifull church as workplace is inspiring, downside is that in summertime it can get very warm. Large open office space could be distracting, however there are also quit workplaces for high concentration work.

February 3, 2017CEO

Thanks for your words; good to hear! Open communication and a great working environment will always remain one of our highest priorities. Luckily this is also being made possible by the great people working here. :-)

"Must be careful when accepting an GO offer"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software-architect in Amsterdam

I worked at GlobalOrange full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse and very challenging projects. Nice and bright colleagues. One will have the opportunity to lead and do his own thing.

Cons

One should be very careful during the application process and when accepting an offer. Ad-hoc processes. Small politics. Lack of clear vision and strategy. Low salary and lack of benefits for a highly demanding job. Managements makes decisions secretively and often takes employees hard work and involvement for granted.

February 3, 2017CEO

I'm sorry to hear about this bad experience at our company and for my late response. Although I recognize that we could have communicated better on vision an strategy in the past (currently we do so on monthly basis) I do not recognize the feedback regarding small politics and lack of benefits. Our company culture does not accept small politics or any politics whatsoever. On the contrary: we strongly value open communication, respect, integrity and recognition. As far a benefits are concerned we offer a very good financial compensation and many benefits besides that. The Dutch newspaper NRC has awarded us with the NRC best employer of the Netherlands award for 3 years in a row (a 4th position in 2017). Of course all of this doesn't guarantee a perfect match and I still appreciate the feedback.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews