GlobalTranz Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Oct 2019

2.6
GlobalTranz CEO Renee Krug
Renee Krug

"The More You Work, The More You Get Paid"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free lunch Fridays - Convenient downtown Chicago office

Cons

- 7-5 job - They want you to work as many hours as possible to make the most money - All cold calling/ phone based - Have to hit draw to make any commission (very tough) - Frat-house culture. Everyone is out to get one another

GlobalTranz2019-10-16

"ok place to work"

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great environment, control your own salary

Cons

bad management, stressful work environment

Advice to Management

listen to your employees

GlobalTranz2019-02-20

"Teaches you alot about the industry and how to deal with people"

Former Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will learn the industry very well. You can make good money but sometimes you have to be a shady person.

Cons

Some stress but that's normal. Managers always have to have the last word. They have you working on terrible freight that is underquoted and you know you are going to lose mok money on.

Advice to Management

Get to know yours employees as little more and be open to their advice. Sometimes they know more than you do.

GlobalTranz2018-06-10

"Runaway"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time

Pros

You get to leave at the end of the day.

Cons

Bad management, churn and burn of customers, no guidance, no training I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

Stop behaving like you run a frat house.

GlobalTranz2017-04-25

"The Truth"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Casual attire is permitted for employees in Inside Sales Division - Office is next door to Top Golf and Talking Stick Casino - I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 due to the fact that GlobalTranz used to be an amazing place to work prior to 2016.

Cons

First off, if you look at the above pictures of GlobalTranz, you will notice 9 employees. Only 1 of these 9 employees is currently employed at GlobalTranz. The other 8 have either voluntarily resigned or have been let go which clearly illustrates the degree of high turnover at this company. GlobalTranz was once very enjoyable to work for. The company was growing very rapidly, morale was high, employees were fairly compensated, management provided clear and direct vision for members of their teams, and there were several opportunities for advancement. To say that the former has taken a complete 180, would be an understatement to say the least. Since a new CEO has been appointed there have been several abrupt changes within GlobalTranz. Although very important, the EBITDA line item has been marked as the only area of significance on the company's balance sheet. This has resulted in substantial pay cuts in a majority of departments within the company. Some employees have experienced up to a 40% pay cut from the prior fiscal year, and are being asked of more now than ever before. This has resulted in several disgruntled and unmotivated employees in various departments, particularly the sales side. SIXTY PERCENT of the sales management staff resigned and/or was terminated, which then led to the Director of Sales voluntarily resigning. This turmoil has bled down to the rep level and has affected morale, which in turn would leave many to believe that the result would be stagnant growth. However, it has been worse and in turn has resulted in a declination of growth from both a Revenue and GP standpoint. This decline has prevented any opportunities for advancement anywhere within the company since the start of 2016. The decline has led to the company avoiding hiring any new sales or operations training classes all together. Before the board decided to lay off 60 employees within Enterprise, Operations, and Sales, the company then rescinded every offer letter sent out to prospective employees who completed and passed the interview process. This goes against general business ethics as several of these prospective employees who received offer letters from GlobalTranz already quit and/or put in their two weeks at their current/former employer. A handful of top sales reps have decided to leave despite making 6k-12k monthly commission checks on top of their 40k base salary (109.2k - 181k per year). How is that even possible to want to walk away from that type of money when you're under 30 years old and making well above the average that someone else in the industry would be making? The answer? It's gotten that BAD!

Advice to Management

Not even sure if this is possible due to who occupies the seats at the decision making table, but bring the old culture back. Don't let Departments that rely on Sales dictate the actual sales process. Focus on growth and long term strategies rather than cutting costs to make sure that the EBITDA line item pleases everyone at the next board meeting.

GlobalTranz2016-08-17

"Terrible place to work"

Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz for more than a year

Pros

Managers will smile while they lie to your face!

Cons

Carriers wont haul freight for Globaltranz, because they DONT pay the carriers. 3 Managers are promoted to senior managers, at the same time 67 other employees are laid off, for no reason. In BC's words, employees are Soooo! replaceable.

Advice to Management

I cant wait to run into one of you morons in public..mu-ah-ha-ha

GlobalTranz2016-09-27

"Unethical and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Game rooms. Don't let them fool you.

Cons

Place is for entry level people to work at! They have such high turnover and in fact just fired 20-30 sales people! I actually wonder where people get the credentials to hire anyone. Most have no degrees. The judge you from day one of working there. They are more worried about having the looks than having great people work for the company. They will turn on you in a split second and fire you.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people.

GlobalTranz2016-07-25
  8. "Growing Company that is going places"

Inside Sales Representative in Prescott Valley, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz

Pros

Growing company, fast paced, opportunity to earn a great income, diverse and positive workforce. The company is growing and increasing market share so room to advance. As an inside sales rep, their system of having managers available and ready to help you with clients and answer questions allows a new person to get to selling quickly. Another plus is the early work hours, this is a real plus with school age children.

Cons

My own situation was I needed more money, in a shorter time frame than I could do here. I did find a better opportunity which is why I moved on.

Advice to Management

The growth and expansion of the company is exciting, finding new ways to communicate that to the sales force will make the environment even better.

GlobalTranz2016-03-10

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Prescott Valley, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited potential and lots of money to be made. Good work hours with weekends off. You get paid $12 an hour to start.

Cons

Unprofessional feels like a party. Lots of cold calling to business owners.

Advice to Management

Please provide more training

GlobalTranz2015-10-24

"Don't waste your time becoming an Agent for this company!!"

Former Contractor - Sales Agent
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GlobalTranz for less than a year

Pros

Technology: The back end and customer technology

Cons

Multiple agents calling in the same territory with no way to find out until after the fact. Retainer program is the worst I've ever seen, don't expect to get compensated for your efforts. All expenses are paid for by you...LLC filing, business cards, marketing material, and eventually for using their technology. From my experiences, management only cares about the revenue you bring in, not you personally. This was the worst time and financial investment I have ever made in my life. I didn't get paid for my efforts and when I addressed my concerns to management, I was ignored and treated poorly.

Advice to Management

If you want to get quality Agents and retain them for the long-term, start by making sure your recruiters aren't misleading the candidates. When the Agent comes aboard and addresses his/her concerns, make sure your management team handles the situation professionally and doesn't alienate the Agent. If you want to retain quality Agents, you should pay them more than just one two-week retainer for over 2 months of work.

GlobalTranz2014-06-06