Globality Reviews

Updated 26 Jun 2020

4.4
Globality CEO, Co-founder and Chairman Joel Hyatt
Joel Hyatt

"Wonderful Company with Vision"

Current Employee - Associate in London, England

I have been working at Globality full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Smart / driven people - Clear vision - Disruptive / innovative product

Cons

- Slightly below market rate pay - Until recently, lack of clarity re: professional development. New head of HR seems have addressed this though - No free lunch in London office

Continue reading
  2. "Friendly & Go out of their way"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Globality full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great salary, friendly team and the company are willing to go out of their way for their employees and prospective employees. Have nothing bad to say.

Cons

There are none I have found yet

"Exceptional people, ambitious vision, growing product"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Globality full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Highly experienced leadership, and you get to work with some of the smartest and most talented people out there - who by the way are also really nice (which in my experience is not always a given). - Given the rapid growth, new challenges/opportunities keep opening up - so good opportunities to learn, grow and take on new responsibilities - Generally positive and fun vibe in the office and a feeling of togetherness. The company is growing very rapidly (aka lots of changes) so trying to retain yet organically grow/improve the culture and values seems to be a key focus. - Product continues to improve, user base is growing - and there is no one else doing what they do... (and the market opportunity is in the $trillions) - A cool mission - basically to democratize professional services, helping SMEs get a seat at the table in the global services marketplace.

Cons

- Companies scaling rapidly obviously go through substantial change. This inevitably impacts culture and how they operate. And even though early stage companies always need to be agile, humans tend to be creatures of habit, so it would almost be strange if rapid scaling did not impact people on an almost daily basis. This is of course also true at Globality. Generally though, I find the company has done well in trying to stay open-minded and transparent during this rapid growth period and encouraging people to embrace the changes while staying true to our values - especially compared to other companies I've worked with.

Continue reading
  4. "Great company with vision."

I have been working at Globality full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focused on culture and people. Lovely London office.

Cons

Nothing. Really, that’s the truth!

Continue reading
  5. "A Great Cultural -Diversity Company!"

Current Employee - Workplace Administrator in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Globality full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong Culture. Great Communication. Great Mangers. Eye open opportunities !

Cons

No cons in my opinion

6. COVID-19

"Great team, big potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Globality full-time

Pros

The company has a clear vision to modernize procurement of complex services, a huge market with a lot of inefficiencies that is not currently being addressed. The culture is pretty good. People are friendly, collaborative, and collegial. It’s still small enough that we can get to know each other personally even those you don’t work with directly (at least before the Coronavirus work from home started!) Very experienced co-workers in various disciplines throughout the company.

Cons

Not a con so much as a challenge. It’s tough to break into enterprise SaaS market! There is a lot of noise in the product development as we chase potential customers.

"A Refined Start-up"

Current Employee - Engineering Management in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Globality full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great group of people - A job is a job, but when surrounded with people you enjoy working with, every day is much better, I have gained friends for life, who I hang out with outside of work as well. As in most start-ups, individual impact is very big, the company is growing and you have the opportunity to grow with it and build a big company you would want to be part of. Get it done attitude that leads to a healthy work-life balance - No staying late for the sake of staying late. Unlike many other start-ups, the mission is very clear - It allows to focus on instead of guessing the customer needs. Very agile work environment, so agile, that we plan for the unplanned - this can be very exciting to those who like it, and challenging to others.

Cons

It is a start-up, don't expect to know what you will be doing in every minute. While there is a lot of process in place, it is still dynamic. Global presence which often requires to attend meetings early mornings or late at night - No need to be in the office for those, calling in is fine.

"The best company I ever worked for"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Globality full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Globality is like a big family, where everyone cares about everyone else. Globality's founders make a point out of knowing each and every employee and do their best to encourage professional and personal growth. This creates a warm, loving environment which automatically rejects and ejects abrasive and toxic individuals, leaving only the collaborators, team players and effective leaders on board.

Cons

We grew so fast, our offices are somewhat crowded right now. We are about to move to a temporary space, and will be getting our very own building in a few months!

"Amazing opportunity and a genuinely exciting problem space for applying AI"

Current Employee - Product Management

I have been working at Globality full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a review written by a current employee. I've been with Globality for a few years now and have seen it go through quite a few stages of its growth. I won't keep the punchline for the end - I am very happy with where we are as a company, after quite a monumental year! I'll provide a quick survey of some of the changes and milestones we saw this year to give a reader an idea of where we are both as a business, as well as in terms of the company culture and organization: Company-wide, and in engineering in particular, we went on a hiring spree that have seen us grow double-digit percentages in a fairly short amount of time. This includes both engineers as well as experienced technical leadership hires. The product organization considerably strengthened with incredibly talented and hard-working new team members, as well as enjoying a very robust new leadership team that brought a lot of stability and experience to the table. The same can be said for our PMO organization which is a crucial piece of the puzzle for us - serving as the glue and the engine for a lot of our operations. We also parted ways with our original CTO; This led to quite a lively period of turbulence that saw a few team members, mostly back-end engineers, depart. however, we were able to put in place strong technical leadership and at the same time meet our business obligations while doing so. As anyone who went through such times in a startup knows - this is like changing an engine on an airplane while in mid-flight - not an easy feat by any stretch! Our ability to do so gave me and many of my colleagues a big moral boost and strengthened our conviction that we are on the right track. On the external-facing front, we've raised a massive funding round ($100M); we've signed a major client (HSBC) and have successfully launched our collaboration with them after much scrutiny and multiple user acceptance testing phases; and we have a very much in-demand product offering thats getting a lot of traction and positive feedback from the market. We have many companies we are currently working with in various stages of implementation that will most likely be announced publicly next year. In general, there is a feeling of inevitability about what we do - it is a huge total addressable market that is absolutely ripe for a digital transformation, and we are ideally positioned to be the first-to-market in this space. So, how is it like to work here? in a nutshell - extremely rewarding! I usually describe it as a hybrid of an early-stage startup and a more mature business - On the one hand, very dynamic, fluid, and lots of opportunities to make a big impact very rapidly, if one shows initiative and follow-through. On the other hand, we have a very experienced leadership team (including the founders themselves, who have sold five companies combined previous to starting this one) and so as we grow, we're managing to avoid most of the common mistakes I've observed less experienced teams make. We are also growing into our new size as a company with a few necessary adjustments - more process orientation and emphasis on aspects of operational excellence that come with scale - documenting things consistently, socializing ideas more broadly and frequently (moving from a "tribe" to a "town" communications model), following up on any incidents with root cause analyses - etc. etc. This all feels very timely and most importantly, we learn quickly from whats working and whats not, and make the proper adjustments. The team itself is great - super smart, dedicated, caring, and just great people to be around every day. This you can see for yourself much better than I can describe here by just interviewing with us and meeting some of the team, so I won't spend too much time on this point (smile) In terms of compensation and perks, As other reviewers mentioned, they are first-rate; comp. is extremely competitive, and we enjoy great facilities, in-office lunches, and a fun rotation of activities such as happy hours and team off-sites through out the year. We are moving to a new and expanded office location very close to the Caltrain and centrally located in Palo Alto early next year, and it looks pretty incredible from some of the design plans we've seen. In summary - and in my admittedly biased opinion - Globality is an amazing place to work at! I think if you are considering joining, the best thing you can do is go through the interview process, meet the team members, see the office and experience the hustle and bustle - It will give you a much better picture than any review can.

Cons

Like all startups, there are times of high feature development velocity and high uncertainty, and there are times of relative calm and stability. This is still very much a startup despite growing in size considerably this year. This is not a con for me personally - but you should be comfortable with operating in such an environment!

"Great potential with real vision"

Current Employee - Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Globality full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company's potential is huge. It also has a clear business plan to realize it - it’s not another bubbly startup – but a company with real value. The office culture and atmosphere are great: The people are professional but fun, there is “Happy to help” and 0 competition engineering culture. The expected work hours are fine (8-9 hours a day. No one will ask for more). But if you want to shine – you will want to invest more. The company is small enough to allow talented folks to have an impact and lead a field in the company. The mentality is: “Be vocal! Find a challenge/idea and own it”. However, if you’re passive, or not vocal enough – you won’t enjoy it. Engineering wise: * The company love tech and believes in long term solutions – The engineers are always eager to experiment with the latest libs and tools. The company is not afraid of letting them and invests time in improving the system. * Great architecture and development stack: Great microservices architecture. Most of it is open source. However, the BE is in much better shape than the FE. The important part is – that the architecture is still being improved. * Unique product approach - The platform “happy path” is really innovative – both product-wise and tech-wise. * There are some very gifted people that have a great effect and believe in “sharing and teaching”. * There are growth path & plans. But even without them - you will continue to find tech challenges and learn new things in your daily work (That is my experience).

Cons

First, there is no acting CTO (The company is actively seeking one). As a result, the engineering organization lacks focus. It’s not that bad, even without a CTO the R&D part is still growing – but still - some things are missed and some decisions are not followed. Second, the idea and the company structure are of a hybrid startup-big company. There are good things about it but there are disadvantages: Like any startup, there are any client-specific features, last moment “urgent” changes, some rushed and half-baked features (It’s fun sometimes, but not always). In addition, there are also enterprise features like emails, “export to docx”, support tools and so on. The company product is young but it already has many features and edge cases – when you add a new feature - you have to think about the implications on 10 other user experiences. And because of that– there are many edge cases bugs. Third - many times there are just too many cooks in the kitchen - in many projects, there are more decision-makers than actual workers.

Found 37 reviews