GoCo Group Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2021

Found 38 of over 65 reviews

4.2
GoCo Group CEO Matthew Crummack  (no image)
Matthew Crummack
Pros
  • "GoCompare allows me to work flexibly as well as giving the opportunity to buy and sell holiday days(in 7 reviews)

• "People say the best thing about GoCo is the people and they’re not wrong(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Commuting to Newport can be hard at times, but the company seems to be open to giving the chance to working remotely more often also after covid-19(in 4 reviews)

• "Work here if your desperate or because it's the main employer in South Wales(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

231 Comments

Tech

86.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=GoCo Group~802120
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

An amazing place to work

Apr 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Culture Ability to add value and think outside the box Great salary Bonus scheme Share scheme

Cons

Recently been acquired - hopefully this incredible company keeps the culture going forward.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company - poorly managed

Aug 13, 2021 - Manager in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and good people

Cons

CEO - does a good job of appearing like a "people" person. However very high turnover of senior executives reporting into him who have all since left and really did not have a clear handle on the technology transformation required. Also lacked a coherent strategy.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Relly look after their staff

Mar 25, 2021 - Software Engineer in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Good benefits, Great flexibility and they seem to actually care about their employees.

Cons

Recently taken over by Future and the new work contract is not looking as good as the current one. Early days so hoping they will continue to look after the staf as well as they did before the new management.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review and I appreciate your openness about the recent developments. We appreciate that an acquisition can provide some elements of uncertainty for our staff and we assure you that the values we live and breathe by at GoCo are fundamental to our success now and in the future. Some change is natural during these times so do bear with us and overall there is a positive and exciting future ahead as we are able to scale the comparison brands and expand our service offering to our customers. Our staff are and will always be at the heart of making this possible.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Full of lies

Apr 6, 2021 - Customer Service in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting paid Finishing your shift!

Cons

Constant changes Redundancies often Two faced management and colleagues Very clicky Childish Not professional High intense bullying culture Highly pressure environment, not enough staff.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns around the experience you felt you have had within your role. GoCompare follow an extremely stringent and fair grievance process for claims around bullying and low levels of professionalism. This support is advocated from our managers and the People team to provide input or intervene and is fully communicated and accessible to all staff if required. Our culture is built upon the values of being one team and making sure we recognise each other’s differences and towards helping each other to make sure everyone’s voice is heard, which was reflected in our annual 2020 engagement survey results with collaboration and teamwork, inclusion and line management approach scoring highest for the service area. We plan to see even better results again in the 2021 survey with regard to line management approach and continued improvements following a number of ongoing management training and values initiatives in 2020 and 2021. We are by the notion of being a medium sized technology business slightly faster paced when we experience growth stages regarding new product or tech launches, so an intermittent level of change in ways of working and processes will be natural and we do appreciate this isn’t necessarily the preferred environment for everyone. However, we have a performance management structure that ensures all members of the team are performing towards the same business goals and are also individually positioned to ensure an overall team effort and we do also have a number of resources to support in other ways if required as staff wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us. We are sorry to hear if you feel you haven’t experienced any of this and we are always open to discuss any further concerns relating to any grievances with a member of the People team.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Had a great time

Feb 25, 2021 - Software Engineer in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was a lovely place to work

Cons

Bought out by Future Inc. Significantly changed the terms and conditions

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate that an acquisition can provide some elements of uncertainty for our staff and although there will some natural change that occurs in some aspects such as benefits offered as blend the businesses together and ensure we are fair to all employees across the board. We assure you that the values we live and breathe by at GoCo are fundamental to our success now and in the future and are aligned with that of Future Plc. We will continue to work to make GoCompare a place that people enjoy coming to work and share more great times. Hopefully, you will see that there is an exciting future ahead as we are able to scale the comparison brands and expand our service offering to our customers and as always we have an open culture to discuss any concerns you might have with your line manager or the People team.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

3 years and happy

Feb 26, 2021 - Test Engineer in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture at the company

Cons

Would like to see more fixing of long standing issues

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review and I am really pleased to hear that you also feel the benefit we all get from being such a great community of people with a culture that is one to be proud of. We appreciate that as with most businesses as they grow, there can be some elements of niggling and legacy technical issues, however, we are confident that with our highly collaborative tech environments, new leadership and vast access to online tech learning platforms and with a clear tech and business vision around innovation, that we will continue to improve now and in the future. Thanks for your continued service and we appreciate all that you do to make GoCo even better in this regard!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

Feb 3, 2021 - Senior Partnerships Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great community feeling, fantastic benefits - especially maternity/paternity.

Cons

Middle Management lack direction at times

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lovely company to work for

Dec 23, 2020 - Senior Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are treated very well and the business has a real family vibe. There are great opportunities to learn and the management empower their teams to challenge the status quo and try new things. There is also a culture of experimentation which is really important.

Cons

While the culture is great and there are opportunities to grow, the salary caps are a little on the lower site.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company and Work Ethic

Nov 24, 2020 - Trainee Software Engineer in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Diverse work culture, surrounded by positive people -Excellent pay and benefits scheme - Great career progression opportunities -Working with a diverse skillset -Support and training available -Endless support of people/employees during COVID

Cons

None. Great benefits, able to balance work life and business

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fab Place to Work

Nov 24, 2020 - Senior Facilities Assistant in Newport, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a fab place to work and i work with a great bunch of people. During Covid19 the company has been extremely supportive & has offered lots of resources to help staff during this difficult time

Cons

Can't actually think of any

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews