GoCo Group Reviews

Updated 8 Apr 2021

4.3
GoCo Group CEO Matthew Crummack  (no image)
Matthew Crummack
Pros
  • "The flexibility has been amazing during these times of Covid-19 with support offered to make working from home easier(in 4 reviews)

• "People say the best thing about GoCo is the people and they’re not wrong(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be difficult to get face time with senior management because of busy schedules(in 4 reviews)

• "Not really any major concerns that effect my life at Gocompare, everything is thought of from fruit Monday's to coffee and squash(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Fantastic Company and Work Ethic"

Current Employee - Trainee Software Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Diverse work culture, surrounded by positive people -Excellent pay and benefits scheme - Great career progression opportunities -Working with a diverse skillset -Support and training available -Endless support of people/employees during COVID

Cons

None. Great benefits, able to balance work life and business

2. "An amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I worked at GoCo Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits Culture Ability to add value and think outside the box Great salary Bonus scheme Share scheme

Cons

Recently been acquired - hopefully this incredible company keeps the culture going forward.

Continue reading

3. "Relly look after their staff"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Good benefits, Great flexibility and they seem to actually care about their employees.

Cons

Recently taken over by Future and the new work contract is not looking as good as the current one. Early days so hoping they will continue to look after the staf as well as they did before the new management.

April 8, 2021Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review and I appreciate your openness about the recent developments. We appreciate that an acquisition can provide some elements of uncertainty for our staff and we assure you that the values we live and breathe by at GoCo are fundamental to our success now and in the future. Some change is natural during these times so do bear with us and overall there is a positive and exciting future ahead as we are able to scale the comparison brands and expand our service offering to our customers. Our staff are and will always be at the heart of making this possible.

4. COVID-19

"One year at GoCo so far"

Current Employee - Trainee Software Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is relaxed and people are given the chance to learn at their own pace when possible. Seniors are generally available to help and give advice. There is attention to people's physical health and mental health and there's a few initiatives such as charity events and meditation apps which are given to employees for free. Private health insurance is provided at a very low cost. Upgrades to tools such as standing desks and orthopedic chairs are provided if requested to HR. The chance to work remotely is currently provided at the moment because of covid-19, but the office is also open for people who are having difficulties dealing with working from home by booking the desk in advance.

Cons

No dental insurance deal at the moment is provided. Commuting to Newport can be hard at times, but the company seems to be open to giving the chance to working remotely more often also after covid-19.

5. COVID-19

"Good place to work, great people, exciting innovation"

Current Employee - Junior Data Scientist in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are everything and the business puts in a lot of effort to help people connect with team nights, away days, summer BBQ etc. I have always found management to be open and compassionate, whilst still expecting and pushing for results. Access to training and conferences is usually granted given a sufficient business case, and there is no discrimination against junior's vs. senior's when booking onto these things. Flexible working was accepted before covid but is now actively encouraged and the people team have done a great job supporting people through the crisis. There are some pockets of innovation around the business that will be launching some exciting ideas, proving that GoCo will be around for a while still to come!

Cons

Politics can often get in the way of progression. The business seems to contract out projects before properly assessing what is required from it, which often leads to wasted time and money. Career pathways and job roles aren't accessible, so it is difficult to know what areas to develop in order to achieve career progression.

6. "Full of lies"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting paid Finishing your shift!

Cons

Constant changes Redundancies often Two faced management and colleagues Very clicky Childish Not professional High intense bullying culture Highly pressure environment, not enough staff.

April 8, 2021Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns around the experience you felt you have had within your role. GoCompare follow an extremely stringent and fair grievance process for claims around bullying and low levels of professionalism. This support is advocated from our managers and the People team to provide input or intervene and is fully communicated and accessible to all staff if required. Our culture is built upon the values of being one team and making sure we recognise each other’s differences and towards helping each other to make sure everyone’s voice is heard, which was reflected in our annual 2020 engagement survey results with collaboration and teamwork, inclusion and line management approach scoring highest for the service area. We plan to see even better results again in the 2021 survey with regard to line management approach and continued improvements following a number of ongoing management training and values initiatives in 2020 and 2021. We are by the notion of being a medium sized technology business slightly faster paced when we experience growth stages regarding new product or tech launches, so an intermittent level of change in ways of working and processes will be natural and we do appreciate this isn’t necessarily the preferred environment for everyone. However, we have a performance management structure that ensures all members of the team are performing towards the same business goals and are also individually positioned to ensure an overall team effort and we do also have a number of resources to support in other ways if required as staff wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us. We are sorry to hear if you feel you haven’t experienced any of this and we are always open to discuss any further concerns relating to any grievances with a member of the People team.

7. "Lovely company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff are treated very well and the business has a real family vibe. There are great opportunities to learn and the management empower their teams to challenge the status quo and try new things. There is also a culture of experimentation which is really important.

Cons

While the culture is great and there are opportunities to grow, the salary caps are a little on the lower site.

8. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

GoCompare allows me to work flexibly as well as giving the opportunity to buy and sell holiday days. The engineering department actively encourages innovation and self improvement, allowing you to set time aside for self learning as well as sending on conferences to discover new technologies that may be able to be used. The company has good benefits including a share-save scheme, they have also taken very good care of us all since the coronavirus pandemic started. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, never known another workplace quite like it. I genuinely enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any.

9. "3 years and happy"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture at the company

Cons

Would like to see more fixing of long standing issues

April 8, 2021Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review and I am really pleased to hear that you also feel the benefit we all get from being such a great community of people with a culture that is one to be proud of. We appreciate that as with most businesses as they grow, there can be some elements of niggling and legacy technical issues, however, we are confident that with our highly collaborative tech environments, new leadership and vast access to online tech learning platforms and with a clear tech and business vision around innovation, that we will continue to improve now and in the future. Thanks for your continued service and we appreciate all that you do to make GoCo even better in this regard!

10. "GoCompare Newport Wales"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Positive business (Everyone loves saving money) - Team support (no-hero culture) - Inclusive (We support each other) - Great leadership team(approachable) - Working from Home - Invests in people - Option to buy more holiday days - Option to buy shares - Meeting Gio

Cons

- Getting up to speed within the financial services sector is sometimes daunting.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews