GoCo Group Employee Reviews about "goco"

Updated 24 Nov 2020

4.3
GoCo Group CEO Matthew Crummack  (no image)
Matthew Crummack
Pros
  • "The flexibility has been amazing during these times of Covid-19 with support offered to make working from home easier(in 4 reviews)

• "People say the best thing about GoCo is the people and they’re not wrong(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be difficult to get face time with senior management because of busy schedules(in 4 reviews)

• "Not really any major concerns that effect my life at Gocompare, everything is thought of from fruit Monday's to coffee and squash(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "goco"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I feel valued, nurtured and supported and I look forward to going to work every day."

5.0
    Current Contractor - Digital Journalist in Penarth, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group for less than a year

Pros

• Values aren’t just a cheesy concept to make the company look good, they’re genuinely infiltrated from the top down and make you want to incorporate them • People say the best thing about GoCo is the people and they’re not wrong • Excellent facilities • I’ve never felt more valued in a place of work as an individual despite being low on the food chain • Introduction and training period was the best I’ve ever had • Despite being on a temporary contract initiated I never felt any less important than those around me with permanent contracts • Plenty of opportunity for self development and progress • Excellent knowledge share process within the marketing department • Emphasis on staff wellbeing and happiness is evident • CEO actively involved and makes time for new people • Coming to work is just fun

Cons

• While knowledge sharing is excellent, sometimes each team can feel relatively isolated while working on its own projects. Would love to see more cross-collaboration and discussion/skill sharing between teams in marketing • Can be difficult to get face time with senior management because of busy schedules

GoCo Group Response

August 3, 2018HR Director

Hello fellow GoCo'er Thanks for the feedback. I am glad to hear you are enjoying team GoCo. Great advice and we will certainly take a look at it. It can be very busy but we will always make time for people.

2. COVID-19

"Good place to work, great people, exciting innovation"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Junior Data Scientist in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are everything and the business puts in a lot of effort to help people connect with team nights, away days, summer BBQ etc. I have always found management to be open and compassionate, whilst still expecting and pushing for results. Access to training and conferences is usually granted given a sufficient business case, and there is no discrimination against junior's vs. senior's when booking onto these things. Flexible working was accepted before covid but is now actively encouraged and the people team have done a great job supporting people through the crisis. There are some pockets of innovation around the business that will be launching some exciting ideas, proving that GoCo will be around for a while still to come!

Cons

Politics can often get in the way of progression. The business seems to contract out projects before properly assessing what is required from it, which often leads to wasted time and money. Career pathways and job roles aren't accessible, so it is difficult to know what areas to develop in order to achieve career progression.

Continue reading

3. "Great energy, buzz and experience"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I have been working at GoCo Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve worked at GoCo for the last year and it really seems to be going from good to great. It’s the team that makes it the place it is. A group of like minded individuals working together for a common goal. I’ve yet to see some of the stuff you’d expect in an office... cliques, political moves etc. So far, so good.

Cons

The office is nice but I can’t help feel it’s lost some character. I’d suggest adding some of it back in.

Continue reading

"The best company that I have worked for to date."

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales

I worked at GoCo Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think it is always very easy to post negative reviews on websites like this subsequent to leaving an employer, it always seems that the negative memories really do stick in your mind when you look back, rather than remembering the good times which some employees perhaps take for granted at Gocompare.com. The atmosphere in the office is very relaxed and the majority of members of staff are always happy to liaise with each other to resolve problems and issues that arise. Gocompare.com and its staff are always finding new ways to support their local community and are constantly finding new ways to give back, I really liked the monthly 'Goco Giving' which gives members of staff the opportunity to vote for a charity of their choice to receive a £1000 donation issued by the company. Gocompare.com also provide great benefits to all members of staff, along the way you will also be met with a variety of quirky, fun and creative ways of bringing the whole company together, to put it short this is a very unique company which looks after all of its staff very well. Working at Gocompare.com was a real breath of fresh air in comparison to some of the previous companies that I have worked for.

Cons

I sometimes feel as if the company is trying to run before it can walk in relation to its goals against its training procedure, personally I think in areas where there seems to be a high turnover of staff, a thorough training procedure needs to be in place. In relation to that, I think 'High turnover of staff' can sometimes be used as an excuse, rather than addressing the real underlying problems in specific parts of the company. Sometimes website problems raised by certain departments are not always taken seriously, due to the nature of their roles, which isn't the best especially when looked at from a customer perspective.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Popular Careers with GoCo Group Job Seekers