Goldline International Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Brian Crumbaker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The hardest easy money you will ever make."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at Goldline International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good money if you have the right stuff. If you can close you will feel at home. If you can close, selling gold is fun and easy. It’s a very simple job for those who can do it.

Cons

You are at the whim of the market. most people can’t cut it but you would be surprised by who makes it. Just like I said in the title. Hardest easy money you can make

Advice to Management

Keep up with the core elements that made this company great from the beginning.

2. "Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Goldline International full-time

Pros

Good product for those concerned about the economy, good process (from buyer's perspective) and some good people. They provided free parking, lots of food and ok training.

Cons

You will be calling old leads-at least one hundred per day- and work senior rep's accounts. The fond memories include rarely ever receiving a warm lead, rarely seeing a senior rep close anything and sharing a three-stall restroom with fifty guys. There's always going to be a mix of good and bad personalities within any large group so that is what it is. I worked with some good people, but there's a lot of low level character folk as well. They'll tell you that leads are fairly disbursed which is complete non-sense. They'll short change you with leads until you prove yourself and "fit in" with the GL family. It got old real fast seeing the same people make the same money day in and day out. If you're ok with the "it's the end of the world" message (as it pertains to the economy) and ok with working old, beat up leads then this may be a good match for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

3. "feels like they are about to close, Avoid!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Goldline International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free Eggs on Monday
    great IRA program
    great crisis product
    company used to be proud and a leader.
    now on life support with no care for Sales People.
    decent benefits.
    best sales people i ever met.
    great back office people
    free parking

Cons

horrible managers except one.
    managers who threaten you and complain your the reason they dont get a bonus!
    abusive management
    management continues to play favorites. one sales person seems to be excused from prospecting! sits and waits for interested calls whilie i was required to make 120 outbound calls a day.

average income is now around 4k a month, used to be 15k. and falling!
    no longer do you feel safe working here.
    no advertising AT ALL
    10 hours a day of cold calling , and yes if they contacted Goldline 6 years ago and never bought, your cold calling when you call them today!
    company doing less revenue in a day then they used to do in 30 minutes.
    avoid this company with current management!
    payroll is a mess and it is the responsibility of the employee to find mistakes, how is that right?

Advice to Management

with morale so bad and no advertising get your resume ready. most of your staff probably is.

5. "GREAT COMPANY!"

I worked at Goldline International full-time

Pros

Great company. Managers and co-workers all great. Fast paced environment. Best prods in the industry. Beautiful office, plenty of daily and weekly incentives. Great training.

Cons

Some of the old timers were pretty greedy and wanted to make newer people feel inadequate to sell. Industry itself took a nose dive recently and has not yet recovered.

Advice to Management

Hang in there.

6. "Tele-Marketing Sales Job"

I worked at Goldline International full-time

Pros

healthy commissions/bonus structure, decent benefits, good work/life balance, interesting mix of people, pleasant environment, spacious desks as opposed to cubicles in the call center, lots of employee "events" and perks like catered lunches, free snacks, the occasional BBQ

Cons

Make no mistake, this is tele-marketing. Period. And despite "running your own business" as they like to say, you are expected to meet aggressive sales goals and constantly harass your client base (of which, far right-wing clients predominate.) Success only results in the pressure being increased. Basically, your standard high pressure sales job. Management does play favorites with lead allocation, despite denials - nothing unusual in this type of work. It is what it is.

Advice to Management

Management overall does a good job. Good people. Keep listening to your AE's and striving to improve, as you already do. It's not an easy job.

"Out of Touch with Account Executives"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Pros

The money when leads are regularly provided on a daily basis

Cons

Leads are not regularly provided on a daily basis & Lead share is not transparent. Thus creates lots of conspiracy issues & doubts.

Advice to Management

Listen to all your sales employees & then implement changes if it's been continuously repeated before by others.

"Don't do it"

I worked at Goldline International (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are none, none whatsoever

Cons

Avoid like the plague...they will use and abuse you.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Goldline International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really can't think of any

Cons

It is a sweatshop that treats employees with disrespect. On a per hour basis, this is a commission shop, a fair share of employees are minimum wage. Dishonest.

10. "Solid Place of Employment"

Current Employee - Hard Worker in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Hard Worker in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Pros

High energy working environment where the ability to excel is presented to those who are willing to work for it. In an industry where market fluctuations, politics and media bias can impact the price of your commodity you've got to be willing to put in the consistent effort required to sustain. Goldline is a place where positivity is encouraged and, if you're someone who thinks about how they can add value to the company on a daily basis, you can thrive. Likewise, if you're here to punch the clock and bide your time, doing the bare minimum to keep your job - you should move on sooner rather than later. I'm motivated, I work hard and I make the best of my situation each time I make a decision - so I continue to enjoy my place here. I am treated with the respect that I have earned through years of continually challenging myself to be the best that I can be each and every day. -- Free food, lots of it. Fun environment (foosball table, etc...) - convenient working location near the 405 AND the 10. Good clear expectations set by senior management as to what's expected of each employee.

Cons

Some old stagnant culture of complainers who refuse to accept that they need to work harder and/or smarter to start to or continue to succeed. Listening to the griping that comes from your every day person in an office environment about how hard life is can be taxing. I supposed it's a part of any and every job but it's still the worst part of a workplace. If you sit at work and complain about your job all day long maybe you should find another place to spend your time. It's your life after all - why would you keep coming in to a place you don't like?

Advice to Management

Shut Down the Nay-Sayers

11. "Great experience"

Pros

A competitive industry so you will get good experience even if you don't want to stay in gold industry forever. it's one of the few gold sellers that tries to do things right and make customers happy.

Cons

the gold business has sharp ups and downs.