Grant Thornton UK LLP Accounts Production Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Grant Thornton UK LLP Accounts Production Associate Reviews

Updated 29 Jan 2020

3.4
Grant Thornton UK LLP CEO Dave Dunckley (no image)
Dave Dunckley
0 Rating

"Enjoyable role"

Current Employee - Accounts Production Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been promoted within the year and so the restructure has worked well for me and I am happy that the changes have been made, the team leaders are supportive as are most of the dept. I enjoy the work I do and feel I make a contribution to the audit process, ideas are shared on a board which I like, my manager listens to my feedback. I think as a department it's growing and personally speaking I think it's got A LOT better. There's also a good reward package eg pension etc and the people from all levels are great to work with.

Cons

I suppose you can't keep everyone happy, and because the work is quite complex it's not for everyone, you will get lots of support from your team however if you refuse to take advice or make the same mistakes over and over again you will be put on an action plan, not really a con but it's all I could think of.

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-11-21
  2. "Poor to Mediocre"

Former Employee - Accounts Production Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good name to have on the cv and a foot in the door.

Cons

Boring work, poor training and poor culture. Work place arrogance is high - one stout, older and bald employee falsely tried to boss staff, despite being an associate. No training contracts and poor salary. Left for more money, more diverse work and exams.

Grant Thornton UK LLP2020-01-29
  3. "Not great"

Former Contractor - Accounts Production Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Grant Thornton UK LLP for less than a year

Pros

Decent crew of people once you're there a while

Cons

Senior management totally isolate themselves - not given a great sense of worth in the company

Grant Thornton UK LLP2020-01-07

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Accounts Production Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Car parking/ Fruit and coffee/ atmosphere I'd still be there but I wanted a training contract to further my career. Great people to work with, very supportive from all levels, you can now progress your career in the new jobs that have recently come out which a lot of my friends have. Good company to have on your CV. I enjoyed it.

Cons

No training contracts. Only reason I left or I would still be there. It's the only down side.

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-11-14

"Accts Production - Belfast - Thumbs up"

Current Employee - Accounts Production Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Carparking Free fruit/ tea/coffee Living wage Although the work can be repetitive it is challenging which I find enjoyable. With the recent changes there have been lots of people promoted within the dept so at last we can see that it isn't a dead end job. The teams are really supportive which you need within this job as it is challenging. The team leaders work with you so if you need help/support or time off for any reason they help you. Overall a good place to work with nice people.

Cons

No training contracts Location (Docks) Nothing else I can think of

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-11-09

"Accounts Production Associate"

Current Contractor - Accounts Production Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, a good atmosphere to work in, also great opportunity to gain experience working for a big firm.

Cons

Basically doing an auditors job for a fraction of the money, no real prospects of progression in terms of job role or salary

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-05-29

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews