Grant Thornton UK LLP "flexible working" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Grant Thornton UK LLP Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated 2 Dec 2019

3.6
Grant Thornton UK LLP CEO Dave Dunckley (no image)
Dave Dunckley
Pros
  • "Good work life balance (working from home dependant on team)(in 54 reviews)

• "A modern company with some of the latest technology and offer flexible working(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not promoted on merit or hard work just the usual big 4 mentality of who knows who gets ahead(in 34 reviews)

• "Work life balance difficult to maintain(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Life at Grant Thornton - I am very happy here and you can be too!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Forward-looking and wonderful female CEO Excellent corporate culture Helpful and supportive partners Treats staff fairly Flexible working arrangements Good with staff with children Excellent client base Interesting and highly varied work High quality of outputs and deliverables Likeable firm Good cafeteria!

Cons

Pays a little less than Big4 but access to partners is much easier

Advice to Management

Keep on competing with the Big4 for people and talent, we are every bit as good, and our clients love what we do

2. "TAS"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working hours, good people

Cons

Work/remuneration balance, CV not great, slow promotion

Grant Thornton UK LLP2019-12-03
  3. "Good opportunities"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture, great opportunities for development. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Salary progression should be higher.

Grant Thornton UK LLP2019-07-21
  4. "Good place to work"

Former Intern - Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Grant Thornton UK LLP for more than a year

Pros

Very good culture of shared enterprise Good benefits package options Flexible working patterns are available if needed

Cons

A lack information regarding progression

Grant Thornton UK LLP2019-07-13
  5. "Lots of potential but a difficult place to operate in"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of autonomy, easy going culture, flexible working, fortnightly onsite doctor in London office. You get the feeling senior leaders do actually care about the wellbeing of people.

Cons

Support functions have been completely decimated meaning more work than ever with fewer people. The motivation and energy of staff has been sapped over the last nine months since. Partnership hierarchy is the biggest challenge to delivering on strategy - things take too long to get done. Individuals often derail firmwide initiatives Not diverse enough at senior/partner level. Need more women at the top to encourage diversity of thought.

Advice to Management

Sort out quality, bring in a more diverse leadership team and treat non-fee earners as experts, not skivvies.

Grant Thornton UK LLP2019-05-16

"Accounts Production Associate"

Current Contractor - Accounts Production Associate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, a good atmosphere to work in, also great opportunity to gain experience working for a big firm.

Cons

Basically doing an auditors job for a fraction of the money, no real prospects of progression in terms of job role or salary

Advice to Management

Provide a pathway for employees to progress on to training contracts were they have something to work towards, would reduce employee turnover greatly as there would be a higher job satisfaction knowing there is chance of progression

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-05-29
  7. "Firm full of ambition with mixed results at delivery"

Current Employee - Tax Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Firm’s purpose is timely in current environment with negative attitudes towards business - to shape a vibrant economy through building trust and integrity in markets Flexible working Trust to complete your own work Positive supportive culture

Cons

Unstructured and good talent not accelerated through development Mediocrity accepted and not resolved No investment in systems or new products

Advice to Management

More structured career development to retain your best talent

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-02-11
  8. "Working at Grant Thornton in London"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Manager in London, England

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with Forward thinking organisation Opportunities to develop and manage your own destiny Flexible working Good range of benefits Nice office space Strongly supports personal development and growth

Cons

Partnership model means complexity of culture

Advice to Management

If you are seeking a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities as well as challenges then this is the place for you.

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-01-28
  9. "Grant Thornton employee"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Reading, England

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are fantastic opportunities to grow and develop your career at Grant Thornton. The business is growing and means that as individuals we can grow to as people and advisors. We talk a lot about 'unlocking the potential for growth' in our clients but were certainly do what we say, by trusting employees to act autonomously to get the work done and enhance your career. Using our flexible working environments and allow individuals to seek out new opportunities in their chosen field or in other areas within Grant Thornton. Grant Thornton is big enough to have a large corporate feel but small enough that you can get to know people on a personal level across a number of offices.

Cons

We have a large international presence - this is not as good as the big 4, and so I feel that at times to service our clients, as many will have international presence, we need to ensure we have identified the correct needs of our member firms.

Advice to Management

To grow the business we need to pull our internal resources and be the best at what we do and try not to compete with the big 4 on areas where we lack the experience or expertise. By trying to compete it may damage our reputation in the long term.

Grant Thornton UK LLP2018-01-25
  10. "Great place to explore your future career"

Partner in London, England

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexibility in career paths. I have seen many of my colleagues explore different career paths and the best thing is that the firm always seems to be very supportive of this. People can have flexible working patterns to fit around their personal lives and also have a varied career sampling a number of different services lines to find what fits best.

Cons

We are still learning what the new strategy means for us and the culture continues to shift in response. I hope we will all be living this sooner rather than later though.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the culture of the organisation until we are all living the CLEARR values and have fully embedded the strategy.

Found 23 reviews