Great Clips Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 1765 reviews

4.3
Great Clips CEO Steve Hockett
Steve Hockett
Pros
  • "It is a fast paced environment with a guaranteed customer base(in 125 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule decent tips short hours possible(in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • "You have to have complete open availability and no set schedule(in 44 reviews)

• "Need to work some nights and weekends BUT that's also where I make the most(in 27 reviews)

1. "This is such a great and fun job. Everybody is always happy and joking with each other. Everybody loves each other"

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Snacks 🙂 fun, tips, group activities. Being pushed nonstop.

Cons

I can not think of any right now...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"It's Gonna Be Great"

Current Employee - Manager in Weston, WI

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I've worked for Great Clips for the last 7 years and they have invested time and money in order to train me to be the best possible manager! They offer hundreds of continuing education courses for their stylists, from haircut trends to efficiency training. Great Clips helped for me in to the stylist and manager that I am today.

Cons

Open a lot of hours and short staffed, can be very busy and stressful. However, when it's busy you can make a TON of money! Very lucrative career.

Advice to Management

Treat your team as you would like to be treated. We are there to guide and teach, not control and berate.

March 14, 2019

We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day! Thank you.

• "Best job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have the privilege of working for a place where we consider each other family. These people are some of the most kind and caring people I've met. If you are willing to put in 100% of effort into your career, you will get 500% back. The pay is amazing, there are incentives which are AWESOME. They are helping me pay back my student loans. We get doted upon by our managers (they really love us, guys!). They are flexible...

Cons

Can be overwhelming, simply because of the high demand for stylists and there's not quite enough of us! (So come work for us and bring your friends ;))

March 14, 2019

We appreciate everything that you do in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

• "Love it here"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I've worked at Great Clips for almost 4 years now, been in management almost 2 years. Great company to work for! Very fast paced busy salons. Flexible with scheduling. Great owner and managers. Advanced training is always available and encouraged!

Cons

Short staffed at times.. Can bel overwhelming

March 13, 2019

We LOVE having you as a member of a great team!!! Thank you.

• "Manager"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great business plan for stylist. Internal promotions. Amazing incentives. Awesome bonus structure.

Cons

All jobs have there challenges, but with a great franchise you can succeed.

Advice to Management

Connect through unity, we are a team if not by same franchise by being a Great Clips team member.

March 11, 2019

Thank you for being a valued member of a great community of stylists and managers!

• "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Great Clips

Pros

Great business structure! Hourly pay and tips! They have customer service figured out! I Have been with GREAT CLIPS ten years and LOVE my job!

Cons

Not enough stylist know how great this company is!

• "Great is..."

Current Employee - Management in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great Clips supports its franchisees 100%! They support their stylists 100%! That is what makes this company stand out. It’s what makes us shine a little brighter then the rest. A company that cares will deliver results and have a beautiful brand which we do. Because Great Clips cares so much they have 40 000 proud stylists representing their brand everyday!

Cons

I enjoy everything working for this company

March 9, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments! We appreciate that you are a valued part of a GREAT team.

• "Awesome"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Very good company to work for ,been with them for 4 years. Make money easily, incentives.

Cons

I don’t really have any cons

Advice to Management

I would say that area managers and owners try to be more active with the salons. Get to know what’s going on ,I know it’s a lot of stylist but it helps and let’s us know that you care about what’s going on.

March 8, 2019

Thank you and your team for everything you do in the salon each day! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

• "Great! High paced environment. Room for growth as a stylist and more!"

Current Employee - Hairstylist/Manager in Alliston, ON

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I have been working with great clips for almost 5 years. In that time I gave been an apprentice then stylist and then assistant manager and now manager. Their are so many opportunities to grow with this company. Flexable hours. Bonuses and soo much more. I can honestly say I have met some pretty amazing friends through this company!

Cons

I love working here!!! No cons. Have a great franchise

March 7, 2019

We appreciate you sharing your experience working in the salon! Thank you.

• "As good you as YOU make it"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Great Clips full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

* easily achievable production so long as you cut hair under 15 min per customer * up to 20% commission on product sales *large customer base, which insures constant work ( better than industry standard due to constant promotion, marketing and sales) * 20 local salons, which enables room for promotion and growth * paid continued education provided by employer ( better than industry standard) * paid sick time up...

Cons

* in order to sustain an above average income you must consistantly optimize every single opportunity this company gives you to maximize your earnings potential. This leads to: long hours, almost no personal life, time away from family and burn out. * Health insurance is offered but not paid - high premiums and below industry standards * there is nothing that sets this company apart from other salon competitors...

Found 1765 reviews