Greeley and Hansen Employee Reviews about "old school"

Updated 12 Dec 2019

Greeley and Hansen CEO Andrew Richardson
Andrew Richardson
Pros
  • "I appreciate the old school focus on solid water/wastewater engineering, without too much corporate fuss(in 4 reviews)

• "I appreciated the company’s benefits, such as summer hours and especially retirement plan benefits (401K, Company Profit Sharing and pension plan)(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior Management, Human Resources are awful to deal with(in 7 reviews)

• "Project managers all seem unhappy, overworked, stressed out, and sickly looking(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "old school"

Return to all Reviews

"Old School Engineering Firm, Slowly Changing with the Times"

4.0
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen full-time for more than a year

Pros

I appreciate the old school focus on solid water/wastewater engineering, without too much corporate fuss. Generous ability to attend conferences, seminars, and other external career development opportunities on company time. Salaries are well above industry average and most of the benefits (insurance and other) as well.

Cons

Currently suffering from a difficult leadership/culture transition, and trying to adapt old school culture to the already changed engineering consulting landscape. Internal systems have not kept apace with developing technology, not always, but new ways of doing things can definitely be an asset. Separate pools for sick time and PTO, below industry average.

Greeley and Hansen2019-12-13

"When all is said and done, it's a nice place to work"

5.0

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

The people I work with are very nice, ethical and have strong technical skills. It's great to get to know them personally on the various project teams and I really like the way the firm is organized and approaches the work assignments. For me personally, I have confidence in the leadership and in the direction the company is headed. I find that management is open, approachable, and willing to help you advance in your career. Many people stay with the firm a long time (that may perhaps give some the appearance that this is still an "old school" engineering fiirm), but, honestly, I've seen many positive changes in the time I've been with Greeley and Hansen. Overall, the leadership has made significant progress in the last several years and continues to work hard to grow the firm. I like that. For me, I feel I'm paid fairly and I like my project team/co-workers. The company has solid employee benefits, new modern office facilities with the latest techology, one-on-one mentoring from my manager, and the company offers various programs that I think positively impacts morale during the course of the year. Overall, I think it's a good place to work.

Cons

As with many companies, it's not perfect. Communications could always be improved. Also, with all the changes and hiring taking place, it's sometimes hard to keep up. During peak periods there can be alot of overtime.

Greeley and Hansen2011-12-23

"Stable and progressive company with nice people to work with"

5.0

I have been working at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

Good benefits and programs very comparable to larger companies. Great opportunities for growth. I've been here almost 10 years. Never originally planned to stay here this long, but I've had great opportunities to move ahead here with new assignments and more responsiblility. That's kept things interesting for me. Seems like top management is really trying to step things up and move this company forward from where it was 10 years ago. New training programs for employees, a summer hours program, a new professional looking office space with a more casual and comfortable atmosphere, not boring old school. I like the new direction and hope it leads to even better things for us here.

Cons

Would like to see better communication between office locations, since we have offices spread out in many locations across the country.

Greeley and Hansen2011-12-10

"An "old school" company with a facade of progressive."

2.0
    Engineer, Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Greeley and Hansen

Pros

If you are an "old school" person, here is the place for you. Ex-military managers are welcome here. Some managers are bright, but they soon leave.

Cons

There is a "old school" managerial style underneath, but top managers put on a big show of being progressive. Top level is arrogant and aloof. Don't let the somewhat charismatic higher level fool you. They are here only for the money. This is a managerial company where showmanship is valued more than technical knowledge. If a manager leaves, they shun you like only an "old school" company would do.

Greeley and Hansen2009-11-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews