Found 14 of over 14 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It's a high performance environment with associated high expectations, but within a team that always supports each other to deliver on ambitious goals." (in 4 reviews)
- 5.029 Jul 2021Finance AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsStroud, England
Although a relatively small team the atmosphere here is fun, friendly, honest and driven. Training is monitored very closely to help you keep up with the fast pace of the company needs. Communications are sent out on a weekly basis so all employees know what is happening within other departments and achievements reached. There is always something fun going on - brunch meetings, wellbeing walks, office yoga and even a charity skydive one year.
Workload can get very heavy which I found especially during the pandemic with everyone either on furlough/reduced hours and needing to pick up tasks you wouldn't necessarily deal with on top of your own workload.Green Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that training and communications are working well. Workload is an important one for us to manage and we are putting in place extra tools and systems to help us do this.
- 3.029 Jul 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsStroud, England
- Great atmosphere and office - Friendly team who aren't afraid to be themselves and challenge each other - Analytical approach to tasks - Embracing of change and reactive to customer needs - Smaller team means you are a real part of the deliverables
- Ambition can stretch beyond reality - Lack of discipline and prioritisation at the top level - we can't do everything at once - Impatient members of the team can force a pace that is not sustainable - There is still a disconnect between what Green Gourmet appears to be and what it actually is for those that work hereGreen Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thank you for your review. We are always working to make sure that there is focus and discipline throughout the business so that we can demonstrate our value of Always Deliver. It's a balancing act when we are excited to make the most of every opportunity! We understand your feedback and hope to improve in this area.
- 5.01 Jul 2021Head of InnovationCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsGloucester, England
Dynamic working rocks! Core values that are easy to buy into and are actually upheld Aspirational and ambitious business with a clearly defined strategy to deliver Agile approach to project development Sustainable goals and aspirations strongly backed Incredible Head Office to work from
A business of constant change is an exciting place to work but you need to be able to cope with the dynamism of a pacey, high challenge, fail fast environment. Only a con if that's not for you!Green Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thanks for your review! We agreed, dynamic working is one of our best policies improvements and we implemented it across the business long before COVID forced everyone else to catch up!
- 5.022 Jun 2021Head of FinanceCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCheltenham, England
Great culture where you are trusted and empowered to "go do". It's a high performance environment with associated high expectations, but within a team that always supports each other to deliver on ambitious goals. There is a real focus on individual wellbeing, in all senses, reflected in a very forward thinking approach to work life balance and flexibility which has been a great support during Covid-19.
The only thing constant is the pace of change. Personally I find it both challenging and invigorating in equal measure, but it isn't for everyone.Green Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thanks for such an honest review. High performance environments are a critical balance of challenge and reward and we are always striving to get this right!
- 5.05 Jul 2021Director of PeopleCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
There is a genuine commitment from the entire leadership team to create an environment that develops individuals both professionally and personally. We focus on our strengths and passions within our areas of expertise to drive the business forward. Empowered to make decisions and try new things we are always looking to improve.
Change is constant and our expectations are very high which can create pressure if this doesn't suit your way of working.
- 5.029 Jul 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
It's great to be able to say that you genuinely you enjoy your job. As a business, the employee is at the heart of everything they do with a real focus on people and culture. Green Gourmet has fantastic people who are all passionate about their job and the business supports us in the best way whilst also promoting autonomy and a dynamic approach to working. A fantastic company to work for
You end up eating too much food!Green Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thank you for your review! Passionate people are critical to our success and we are pleased to hear you enjoy working as part of the team.
- 5.022 Apr 2021Purchasing DirectorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsStroud, England
The company has a clearly defined vision, mission and strategy, that is cascaded down to 100% of the employees. Meaning everyone knows the part they have to play in order to succeed. Because they're operating in both foodservice and retail arenas, there are always new and enjoyable projects for all teams to get involved in. The new office, based in a Grade II listed building in the heart of the Cotswolds, is the perfect creative base for anybody that enjoys innovation and the development of food. And perfectly compliments their dynamic (work / life balance) culture.
No downsides to speak of.Green Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thank you for your positive comments! We certainly love our new office!
- 5.05 Jul 2021Director of ManufacturingCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLeeds, England
Amazing Innovation centre!, Small but dedicated team, Dynamic working, Flexible hours, Results focussed, Open and honest , Offers continual training and investment in PDP's
Sometimes easily distracted and therefore quick to lose our ability to prioritize and manage time effectivelyGreen Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thanks for your review! Focus is certainly critical to our ability to deliver our commercial plan - it's easy to get excited here isn't it!
- 5.029 Jun 2021Executive ChairCurrent EmployeeStroud, England
Great people to work with. An emphasis on company growth through personal and professional development. Great leadership aiming to enable a small group of highly motivated people to achieve anything they set their minds to.
Its been a hugely disappointing year that has put back a lot of the aspirations and developments.Green Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thank you for your review - you lead a very inspiring business and we are looking forward to getting back to our record breaking ways this new financial year!
- 5.04 Jul 2021Sales DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsStroud, England
Great culture and team spirit. A business with a clear vision, mission and some challenging, yet exciting growth plans. Dynamic working enables a balanced work/home life. Staff encouraged and supported to drive their self development. Amazing office!!
Need to take time to celebrate success more frequentlyGreen Gourmet (UK) Response3y
Thanks for your feedback! We are working hard to ensure we take more time to celebrate all the achievements of our amazing team and hope this will be felt by everyone this year.