Greene King Reviews
53% would recommend to a friend
(2127 total reviews)
61% approve of CEO
Found 2,127 of over 2K reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Meeting lots of people and great team work" (in 89 reviews)
- "Some great characters and the team made the job great." (in 78 reviews)
- "Front of house staff are friendly and accommodating" (in 76 reviews)
- "The initial training for general managers is good and development within the company" (in 50 reviews)
- "benefits are great and you are treated well" (in 44 reviews)
- "long hours and you have to work 6 days a week unless you do 10 hour shifts 5 days a week" (in 194 reviews)
- "Low pay.No family life causing me to divorce after 21 yrs.Talked to awfuly just cause im a pot washer" (in 175 reviews)
- "Poor management and rubbish pay" (in 109 reviews)
- "Expected wage budgets means there is no work life balance for general managers as they are expected to work and be on call 24/7" (in 94 reviews)
- "They hire bad managers unfortunately" (in 74 reviews)
- 3.07 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBury St Edmunds, England
Good company perks such as staff discount, staff parties, good maternity package etc. Can be a pleasant place to work if you’re under the right management.
Classic of most larger companies, you are just a number and management really don’t care about you. There is no loyalty and very little rewards for long standing staff members. Salary system isn’t fair or banded properly, a skilled employee of years could be on the same salary as a new starter with no experience. No support in returning back to work after maternity leave, you are not valued and easily replaced without a thought!
- 5.029 Nov 2023Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBurton upon Trent, England
The Leadership team are fair and recognise and reward success. The business is full of knowledgeable, experienced and hard working individuals; just one of the reasons why the culture is so positive, social and down-to-earth. The employee benefits are better than I expected.
The company is undergoing a great magnitude of change and so stakeholder management, getting people to take ownership of new processes, and a lack of framework in some teams can make this a challenging place to work at times. As of right now, observations made to-date indicate career opportunities for this role in the specific team I work in are limited/non-existent.
- 2.021 Sept 2023Kitchen ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, England
Lots of pubs around UK incase you want to relocate
Long shifts (14) hour days Lone working No one to cover breaks, so have to work breaks on long days Cut hours from hourly paid, and expect salary to pick up hours, even though we are on a 48 hour contract. Terrible hire management, not a clue sat behind there corporate desks. Terrible food produce, all frozen and bad quality. Low bonus, and high expectations to be able to get them. Area managers are rude and obnoxious. Put money over staff happiness and wellbeing. No training progression for KM to progress further. Hire more staff than needed, so everyone's hours get cut, due to to many staff.
- 4.024 Oct 2023Server/BartenderFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBirmingham, England
hours aren't bad, managers are usually sound and there is a great feeling of camaraderie in that we are all in the same position regardless of corporate hierarchy. Good Christmas/New Year/Event bonuses such as 2x holiday earned, extra £1 an hour on specific days in December, and free/discounted staff meals during January
pay in line with minimum wage, uniforms are awful, no personal touch due to every aspect of the workplace being dictated by corporate - most of whom have never worked in a hospitality environment, and do not take feedback well.
- 3.03 Dec 2023Implementation ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
33% employee benefits discounts, good people
Bad pay, don’t take any feedbacks in account
Greene King Reviews FAQs
Greene King has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 2,254 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Greene King to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
53% of Greene King employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Greene King 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.