Greenway Health Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 10, 2020

Found 33 of over 710 reviews

3.2
Greenway Health CEO Richard Atkin
Richard Atkin
Pros
  • "Lots of great people all working to do the right thing and make things happen(in 45 reviews)

• "Unlimited PTO and the flexibility to work remotely, promtoe a very healthy work/life balance(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I am covered because it is the law but I cannot afford medical care due to the high deductible(in 31 reviews)

• "Horrible upper management that is constantly throwing more than their employees can handle(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

213 Comments

Tech

80.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Greenway Health~17401
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Heavy competition mixed with care to see others succeed

Nov 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The sales team acts like a true family. Where there is heavy competition to be the best, each rep and manager, regardless of which team they are on, want to help and ensure everyone succeeds. Unlimited PTO and the flexibility to work remotely, promtoe a very healthy work/life balance. Most benefits, to include 401k match and employer HSA contributions and unlimited PTO are a plus.

Cons

Health insurance premiums and deductibles are high.

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience at Greenway Health. Our goal is to provide a supportive environment that encourages employees to reach their potential. We appreciate your feedback on open PTO and remote work flexibility. We are happy to hear those policies helped you achieve a healthy work/life balance.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Positive outlook for the future of Greenway

Nov 10, 2020 - Senior Account Executive in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, that is part of the reason I have stayed so long. In sales, the money is better some years than others, but it has been consistently above average. Strong focus on customer relationship building and retention. Some newer C-levels are really trying to make a difference and put the customers first. Consistently recognized for achievement both monetarily and throughout the company. All sales is working remote now, and the work/life balance is better than ever. Unlimited PTO and management is willing to give you time when requested.

Cons

Lots of upper level management turnover. Just when someone settles in, they don't seem to stay. I think this is normal with the Corporate world, but it makes it hard to continue initiatives and enhancements and promises that are made to employees and customers. Software upgrades seem to always be a problem for our customers and require hotfixes and escalations.

Sr. Director, Talent

We appreciate your sharing your experience at Greenway Health. It sounds as though you have succeeded in your role while finding work/life balance. Our current leadership team is focused on putting the customer first, just as you described. Thank you for your review.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good Company

Sep 14, 2020 - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides an excellent work-life balance

Cons

Leadership is often slow to adapt and stuck in old technologies.

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. Our goal in offering unlimited PTO and flexible options is to provide an excellent work-life balance for all, and we’re glad to hear that’s been your experience. In keeping with our values of agility and excellence, our leaders are always looking to be at the forefront of all aspects of the business. If you have suggestions for improvement, we encourage you to share them with your manager or with the Talent department directly. We welcome that feedback.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Greenway Health

Jun 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling Work-life balance My Time Program Holiday schedule

Cons

Pay Culture Lack of upward mobility Inconsistent expectations from one department to the next Lack of cohesive strategy with customers

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. We’re glad to hear you enjoy the work-life balance. We aim to provide a total rewards package to attract and retain top talent within our regions and industry, for which our open paid time off, holidays, and competitive pay and benefits are a significant part. We offer many opportunities for professional development through training, education, and cross-functional projects, supporting a robust succession planning process. Our goal is to provide an uplifting, collaborative environment that motivates us as we work to support our customers. You are encouraged to talk with your manager or Talent partner to share more specifically your thoughts around our continuous improvement and transformation efforts.

5. 3.0

Great employees. Terrible stability

May 2, 2020 - Associate Systems Engineer in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance is a great plus.

Cons

Periodic lay-offs, so so benefits

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed working with your colleagues and felt the work-life balance was a plus. As at most companies, staffing changes and turnover do occur at Greenway. We take pride in our talented team, as well as our ability to offer flexible scheduling for certain positions and generous paid time off. We strive to provide team members a competitive benefits package and are always looking to improve upon these offerings.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not worth the hassles

Dec 10, 2019 - Associate Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool coworkers and decent work life balance.

Cons

Management has no direction. Developers get blamed for a lot of problems.

4 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience at Greenway Health, and we’re glad to hear working with your team was a positive one. We’re excited about the direction Greenway is heading, and our executive leadership team has communicated that to our employees during company-wide meetings and in dozens of online resources. We wish you all the best in your next endeavor.

7. 2.0

High turnover

Sep 12, 2019 - Communications Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice facilities. Good coworkers. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Half the people on this “why work at greenway” video either left or got fired. The turnover and legal troubles are astounding. Shut down multiple office branches and then fired leaders in sales, marketing, HR, product and then fired the CEO. Directors left like crazy.

7 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

We appreciate your feedback on Greenway Health. We intend to provide a sense of the experience of working for Greenway through our videos. As time passes, there will be turnover Greenway, as with most companies. We did consolidate operations to our Tampa headquarters roughly two years ago, as you mentioned, and in February of this year, we reached a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice. It continues to be our priority to build a culture of quality, compliance, and transparency. We also strive to maintain the facilities, culture, and work-life balance that attract talented people to our team.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome development teams and career experience. Below average salary. Instability at the highest level.

Aug 12, 2019 - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will be given many opportunities to advance your skills as a developer - so long as you are willing to put in the effort. The engineers, QA, and direct management are all a pleasure to work with. Work-life-balance is a treat. This is a great first job for a Software Engineer.

Cons

The salary is low at all levels of the software engineer position. The highest levels of management/executive leadership are constantly in flux and changing priorities, this causes instability at the development level - you will be constantly pulled in different directions and doing unpleasant work.

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. We’re proud to offer an environment that encourages growth and development, and glad to hear you took advantage of opportunities to advance your skills. We also encourage positive relationships between team members and managers, and we’re glad you enjoyed working with your team. As far as salaries, we review these on an annual basis to ensure we provide a total rewards package that is competitive. We encourage employees and leaders to continually talk about priorities and tasks and the reasons behind changes in our dynamic environment. Our top priority is the success of customers, and we want to ensure all of our team members have the resources needed to succeed.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good career starter, not much else

Jul 31, 2019 - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

They will hire people with little to no industry experience. They don't really force you to do anything, so your work/life balance is pretty good.

Cons

Their software department sticks to a pattern. Hire a fresh college grad, pay them well below market value, let them leave after 1-2 years, rinse repeat. Management does not have even a hint of a backbone to change this pattern. Also, very very little actual development work being done here. Most of the work is bug squashing, ticket creation, and research.

10 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent

Thank you for your review of Greenway Health. We strive to build a culture that supports the growth and development of all team members. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis, and we encourage weekly one-on-one meetings with your direct leader to ensure you are aligned with your development action plan to advance your career here. The most important goal at Greenway is the success of our customers, and we realize that an environment that provides team members the tools and resources they need to do their job is extremely important.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Old-school, but may be ok for newbies

Apr 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Greenway is a great place for entry level. High turnover allows you to move up quickly, so it’s a good place to get in, get what you need, and get out. Some teams have good work/life balance, so do your homework when interviewing. There are often really talented and smart people that you will enjoy working with even if for a brief time. And the Tampa offices are in a great location.

Cons

What I wish I would have known when considering Greenway: There’s so much “spin” promoting a progressive company culture, but in reality the company is steeped in backward corporate dysfunction that has proven impossible to change due to a rotating door of ineffective leadership. The company is overdue to be sold by Vista Equity, so if stability is a goal this is not the place. If you are mid-level in your career, I would think twice, unless you have the tricky talent of pretending to make a difference while maintaining the status quo. Also, pay is lower than average for all levels, so always counter their first offer. As is typical of most backward corps, Greenway has zero interest in acknowledging/addressing bias. Unfortunately, it’s never a good idea to trust HR, and Greenway fits this bill. No matter what they say, speak up at your own risk. It’s better to avoid them, and just ignore their fake cheerleading.

9 people found this review helpful