Ground Control Reviews

Updated 19 Feb 2021

4.1
Ground Control CEO  Simon Morrish (no image)
Simon Morrish
  1. Featured Review

"Great Company Great Values"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ground Control full-time

Pros

Great people, Brilliant core values, Great personal development, leading company in the industry and best to work for

Cons

Steep learning curve, challenges your skills and abilities

November 23, 2020Human Resources Director

Thank you for you taking the time to provide feedback about your experiences to date with Ground Control. Your thoughts and suggestions are so important to us; they make a difference in what we do and how we do things, for you and all our People. I’m delighted to learn that you have real affinity for our values; as you will know when we are recruiting our Ground Control new family members, we absolutely look for People who are aligned to our Company culture and values and never compromise on, hence why our Talent Team and a Director meet each and every potential new employee. Talking of values – we do like to win and are continuously striving to be the leading company in the industry for our Clients and our People and wonderful that you are seeing this for yourself. Being an entrepreneurial business that never stands still, I completely appreciate that life is an ongoing learning curve and sometimes this can be rather steep. We never want for our People to feel out of their depth with their learning and we invest significantly into the development of all our People with our University of Ground Control. If I could ask that if you ever feel that the learning is a little too much then please always just say, whether that be sharing with your line manager or directly to me or any one of the Directors of Ground Control; we’re all here to support you.

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ground Control full-time

Pros

Good pay and bonus nice office andnpeople

Cons

Long hrs getting big fast

3. COVID-19

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at Ground Control full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Has taken really good care of us during Covid. Family feel Work hard, play hard Good communication and transparent

Cons

This job is not for everyone. If you aren't prepared to work hard and contribute strongly to a winning team, then this is probably not the right place for you.

"Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Northampton, England, England

I have been working at Ground Control full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Ground Control 4 months now and can honestly say I have not looked back. I joined the company with no experience in this field. Yet with the training provided both internally and externally I have learnt a lot, fast and am able to do the job required of me. Ofcourse I am still learning every day but everyone I work alongside are willing to help me whenever I need it. I also believe the process that has been put in place to train me has been well implemented and given me clear, achievable goals. The company itself has been welcoming even before starting, during the intake process. They have clear values in place and have made me feel part of the family. My work life balance has improved as I'm able to set my own hours (with in reason). I feel like everyone is working towards the same goal and you are well rewarded and recognised for this. I also feel that career opportunities are there for anyone to get if you're willing to work for them.

Cons

My start with GC has been so good I have yet to find any cons in working for them.

Continue reading
  5. "Lovely company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Accounts Assistant in London, England, England

I have been working at Ground Control full-time

Pros

Friendly people Remote flexible working Bonus scheme Annual pay increase Good progression opportunities

Cons

Limited parking spaces in car park

"Working for Ground Control"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Ground Control full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve been working for Ground Control for 3 years now. When I started with the company as a Trainee Project Manager, I had no previous experience within the Arb industry. Ground Control took me on and put me through all my relevant qualifications. With each qualification gain my salary increased. This was an steep learning curve, however, I was fully supported throughout and someone was always on hand to help. The technology and equipment allowing me to do my job with ease is second to none. I feel valued and a member of a great team and enjoy the positive customer interaction. There are many opportunities for career progression for which guidance and mentoring is always on hand. Ground Control core values are very effective, with the company expanding all the time.

Cons

There is always pressure to provide a quality service no matter what industry you are in, but there is always support and guidance at Ground Control.

Continue reading

"Working for Ground Control"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Ground Control full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started working for Ground Control in 2015 Ground Control took me on with no managerial experience and took a chance on me like they do with people without the relevant experience. Since starting I was a trainee Project Manager and I have now moved up to a Senior Project Manager. People get rewarded and recognised for their hard work at Ground Control and is a great place to work. Everyone is willing to help each other out and will go out of their way to help in anyway if possible. GC employee people with no relevant experience and give the people all the training they need to their employees The training GC provide to their staff is amazing and something I’ve never came across before. Hard working person is required for a PM Role, but you get greatly rewarded via salary etc.

Cons

Nothing keep up the good work.

8. "Okay"

2.0
    Former Employee - Key Account Manager (KAM)

I worked at Ground Control full-time

Pros

Nice office, free parking, some friendly staff

Cons

Bully culture, cliquey and exploitive

November 23, 2020Human Resources Director

Thank you for dedicating time to write a review; it means a lot to us. Understanding what went well and what didn’t go well for you, helps us to continuously develop what we do for our People. I was saddened to learn that you felt there to be a bullying culture. That you felt exploited that there were cliques within the Team. It is a real shame that you didn’t feel that you were able to express this when you were with us, whether that had been with your Line Manager, directly to the People Team, or during your keeping in touch meeting with a Director. Bullying is completely at odds with our values as a Company and would never be tolerated. Joining a new team, when many of the team have been together for a while, can be rather daunting. I know that it has been rather strange times with everyone working remotely and naturally feeling at ease within a new team can take a little longer. Our tailored three-month orientation plans for all our new people have been revised to assist our new People with feeling that they are part of the Ground Control family, even though they may not have met the Team in person. It's great that you loved the free parking and office environment, we do have a rather nice office in Billericay; its just a shame that at the moment we have very limited use of. I am confident that we will return to a buzzy office soon; which I know will really assist with supporting positive team working, especially for our new People that have joined us since lockdown started in March. Wishing you all the best with your future career endeavours.

9. "Drawn in by facade of “family run business”, left for money and opportunities"

Former Employee - Account Handler

I worked at Ground Control full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers Stepping stone toward a professional career Summer BBQ Christmas Party

Cons

Salary Poor management structure Little opportunity Obsession with pigeon-holing staff through biometric examination

July 14, 2020Human Resources Director

It’s so kind of you to take the time to provide us with feedback after moving on from Ground Control; we really do appreciate it. For all of us time in precious and we are privileged that you have invested some of your personal time in to explaining your thoughts on the good and not so good aspects of your prior time with us. I’m there with you on Co-Workers. We are so lucky to have such amazing people at the heart of everything we do. And a big shout out to our Talent Team and Leaders for finding us such amazing new People to be part of the Ground Control family. We do know how to throw a great party :) and the summer and Christmas get togethers are such good fun. I also love them for the sessions were we recognise the fabulous contributions our People make and it’s such a wonderful opportunity for us to say a huge thank you to all. When we do bring in our new People I always hope that they feel they have found their forever home and feel privileged that we are being entrusted with their career. It is a little saddening to learn that you believed us to be your stepping stone to a professional career. We believe every role with Ground Control to be the start of the professional career journey for all of our People. You mentioned that you felt salary was not the greatest. As you know we are completely transparent on salary through our recruitment journey and share this through a formal offer, before anyone decides whether the role and package on offer is right for them. I imagine that at the time of joining you felt that the salary was right for the role you were stepping into; otherwise you wouldn’t have joined us. Each year we have a salary review for all of our People and have increased salaries in line with and last year significantly in excess of the UK’s national average annual increase in earnings. Coupled with the great benefits we have such as our twice yearly bonuses and all of our People having ownership in the business, we know our salary and benefits offering to be pretty competitive. You mentioned biometric examination and am a little confused by. The only thing I can think is that you may be referring to the Learning and Development psychometric tool we use, being Discovery Insights? I am hoping you attended the one day Discovery Insights group session – when the qualified practitioner takes you through the journey of Discovery Insights and you have the time to understand your profile that has been generated through the profiling tool that you completed. Discovery Insights is such a fabulous way for us to understand how we perceive ourselves, our strengths and blind spot, how we can go about playing to our strengths and adapt our communication styles to enhance our success with. If memory serves me well we have all places on the Discovery Insights wheel represented by our People. I was pleased to read that you have indicated that you “approve” of Simon Morrish, our CEO though you indicate you feel that we have a poor management structure. As you will know family is extremely important to us and we have a non-hierarchical leadership structure in place, to ensure that all of our People have the opportunity and feel that they can approach whoever they wish, for whatever reason, at whatever time. I can only assume that you felt this not to be the ideal leadership structure within an organisation for you to thrive in and it would be great to understand your thoughts on. Feel free to reach out to me directly by email or mobile. I would like to conclude by wishing you all the best in your new career and if you feel in the future that a return to Ground Control could be the right career move for you then we’d love to hear from you.

"Positive environment with passionate people"

I have been working at Ground Control

Pros

Vision, growth, entrepreneurs, winning attitude

Cons

Can become more than just a job, which requires stamina and commitment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews