Ground Control Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2021

Found 34 of over 40 reviews

4.2
Ground Control CEO  Simon Morrish (no image)
Simon Morrish
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Fab people and company.

Jun 18, 2021 - Director in Billericay, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

People-centred business that has a clear environmental purpose

Cons

Work-life balance sometimes suffers when the pressure is on. Not for the work-shy. Made up by many positives.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work with great people

Jul 26, 2021 - Commercial Manager in Preston, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing business, lots of opportunities Great colleagues

Cons

An intense workload that can be difficult to deal with at times

3. 5.0

Great company values

Jul 20, 2021 - Key Account Manager (KAM) in Billericay, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO is very friendly and really cares about the individual employees.

Cons

A lot of work is expected of you and you don’t get much of a well done unless you scream and shout to be seen.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Lost that family friendly feel

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse working environment. Great colleagues who will always muck in to get things done.

Cons

Poor senior management and leadership. Flat organisationally structure, little opportunity to progress and average pay.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Jul 8, 2021 - Tree Climber/Arborist in Nottingham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get problems solved quickly .

Cons

Field team oriented hardly any direct staff

6. 5.0

Truly unique company

Jun 13, 2021 - Quality Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treats staff well (bonuses, benefits, events etc.). Family vibe to the entire company. Truly cares about environment and communities.

Cons

None off the top of my head :)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Feb 19, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and bonus nice office andnpeople

Cons

Long hrs getting big fast

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent company to work for

Feb 8, 2021 - Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has taken really good care of us during Covid. Family feel Work hard, play hard Good communication and transparent

Cons

This job is not for everyone. If you aren't prepared to work hard and contribute strongly to a winning team, then this is probably not the right place for you.

9. 5.0

Great Company Great Values

Oct 30, 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Brilliant core values, Great personal development, leading company in the industry and best to work for

Cons

Steep learning curve, challenges your skills and abilities

Ground Control Response

Human Resources Director

Thank you for you taking the time to provide feedback about your experiences to date with Ground Control. Your thoughts and suggestions are so important to us; they make a difference in what we do and how we do things, for you and all our People. I’m delighted to learn that you have real affinity for our values; as you will know when we are recruiting our Ground Control new family members, we absolutely look for People who are aligned to our Company culture and values and never compromise on, hence why our Talent Team and a Director meet each and every potential new employee. Talking of values – we do like to win and are continuously striving to be the leading company in the industry for our Clients and our People and wonderful that you are seeing this for yourself. Being an entrepreneurial business that never stands still, I completely appreciate that life is an ongoing learning curve and sometimes this can be rather steep. We never want for our People to feel out of their depth with their learning and we invest significantly into the development of all our People with our University of Ground Control. If I could ask that if you ever feel that the learning is a little too much then please always just say, whether that be sharing with your line manager or directly to me or any one of the Directors of Ground Control; we’re all here to support you.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Okay

Sep 3, 2020 - Key Account Manager (KAM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, free parking, some friendly staff

Cons

Bully culture, cliquey and exploitive

Ground Control Response

Human Resources Director

Thank you for dedicating time to write a review; it means a lot to us. Understanding what went well and what didn’t go well for you, helps us to continuously develop what we do for our People. I was saddened to learn that you felt there to be a bullying culture. That you felt exploited that there were cliques within the Team. It is a real shame that you didn’t feel that you were able to express this when you were with us, whether that had been with your Line Manager, directly to the People Team, or during your keeping in touch meeting with a Director. Bullying is completely at odds with our values as a Company and would never be tolerated. Joining a new team, when many of the team have been together for a while, can be rather daunting. I know that it has been rather strange times with everyone working remotely and naturally feeling at ease within a new team can take a little longer. Our tailored three-month orientation plans for all our new people have been revised to assist our new People with feeling that they are part of the Ground Control family, even though they may not have met the Team in person. It's great that you loved the free parking and office environment, we do have a rather nice office in Billericay; its just a shame that at the moment we have very limited use of. I am confident that we will return to a buzzy office soon; which I know will really assist with supporting positive team working, especially for our new People that have joined us since lockdown started in March. Wishing you all the best with your future career endeavours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews