Ground Control Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2022

Found 45 of over 52 reviews

3.8
Ground Control CEO  Simon Morrish (no image)
Simon Morrish
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Great people and benefits

Jan 13, 2022 - Contract Manager in Billericay, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great challenges, Great training.

Cons

Not a 9 to 5 job, challenging workload

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Employer

Dec 13, 2021 - Senior Estimator in Billericay, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best company you can imagine working for. Ground Control is: A company with great integrity that always cares for it's staff. A company that is profitable and provides secure jobs. A company that is growing and looks to provide opportunities. A company that genuinely cares for the environment. Ground Control is a great company to work for. You have to work hard and take responsibility, and in my experience you get the space to do your work without continuous oversight, although the support is there if you want it. Ground Control are growing fast, which provides opportunities for progression.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid unless you want to work long hours with low pay

Mar 30, 2022 - Aministative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very little positive can be said for Ground Control Ltd

Cons

Unsupportive Managers Long Long hours60 hours a week minimum plus weekends expected Low pay with no over time Managers expect you to work all hours and answer phones at weekends Bonus is not what is promised with little or no pay rise Staff have small petty arguments no training offered forced to use companies own energy supplier - bulb

1 person found this review helpful

Ground Control Response

Human Resources Director

I really appreciate you taking the time to submit a review; it is disappointing to hear about your experiences and how you feel let down. Your feedback is really important to us, we will always have room to improve and thank you for providing your thoughts and in turn the opportunity to be even better for our people. I thought it may be helpful to you to address some of your points, and hopefully this will reassure. Unsupportive Managers – It sounds like you have had a really bad experience with your line manager, and I am really sorry to hear that. In a large business it is likely some people will have personality clashes or and some managers may be newer to role through career progression and still developing their leadership skills and knowledge, however we are always striving to support and improve our leadership team. We invest significantly on leadership development training and encourage all our leaders to spend time with their people on a regular basis, both together and 121, to help solve problems, progress objectives, discuss career progression and sometimes just to catch up. Long Long hours, 60 hours a week minimum plus weekends expected, Low pay with no over time, Managers expect you to work all hours and answer phones at weekends – We wouldn’t expect any of our team to work significantly more than their normal working hours on an ongoing basis. You will be aware we introduced hybrid working and flexibility of start and finish times to support our people further with their life commitments. We are an entrepreneurial, fast paced, growing business and our client or operational requirements will occasionally require small amounts of additional work during busy periods but working 60 hours a week should not be the norm. I am very surprised that this was your experience and I wish you had raised your concern to us at the time, so we could reassure you this is not our expectation and have supported you in this situation. Bonus is not what is promised with little or no pay rise – We don’t commit to a specific bonus amount when recruiting so again I am surprised and disappointed that you were given incorrect information. As you will know from the bonus communications and the bonus surveys you will have participated in, bonuses are in recognition for going above and beyond in terms of culture, values, and customer delivery. We would have loved your feedback on what you were told but we will also take this on board and make sure managers are aware that we do not commit to specific amounts. It is important to us that we meet our commitments and 98% of employees who could receive a bonus did so during our last bonus round. As you will also remember, we committed to and continued to pay bonuses during the peak of the Covid situation, when many other organisations had stopped bonuses and, in some cases, had to reduce salaries. No training offered – this is really disappointing to learn – it can be incredibly difficult starting in a role with limited training and support and we will take this on board. We ensure all our new starters have a 3-month orientation plan and we know we have room for improvement here. We are very committed to developing our employees, and over 10% of employees are currently taking part in professional development programmes. We also have a huge range of training opportunities in technical as well as soft skills and encourage all our people to complete a development plan alongside their appraisal. Forced to use companies own energy supplier – bulb – This I am confused by. As you will know Caring for our Environment is at our heart. We encourage all our employees to use a green energy supplier and give an extra £50 bonus to those who do – this can be any fully renewable energy supplier. We were lucky enough to have an additional discount offer provided by Bulb for our employees, meaning employees joining Bulb received a £100 signing up reward rather than a £50 one, however this was in no way compulsory. The only requirement to be on green energy is if you are provided with an EV company car – we are very proud to have one of the largest Tesla fleets in the UK and almost all of our passenger vehicles are electric – we do require employees who receive this benefit to be on a green energy tariff at home where they charge their car. Thank you again for taking the time to share this review and I wish you all the best with your career journey.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Do not recommend

Mar 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were a couple of people who were really nice and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Extremely low pay, and expectation to work unhealthy hours.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awful

Jan 7, 2022 - Project Co-ordinators in Billericay, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros, the place is just terrible

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked at, Avoid like the plague.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

Nov 5, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company, good benefits plus option of Tesla as company car, everyone is friendly. Lots of training opportunities. Care what you think. Good parites.

Cons

Bit disorganized when you start but once you get going it's good of you're willing to work hard.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company I've worked for

Oct 28, 2021 - Contracts Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Alot of benefits and career progression

Cons

I am yet to find any.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Long hours low salary

Oct 23, 2021 - Contract Manager in Leeds, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get paid a low salary and work very long hours every day

Cons

Long hours and low salary and little bonus

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sales Ledger Assistant

Oct 21, 2021 - Sales Ledger Assistant in Billericay, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of events and incentives -Friendly co-workers

Cons

-Base pay quite low for a full time job

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Shambles

Sep 27, 2021 - Contract Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

None I can think off

Cons

Too many to list… Long hours Unrealistic expectations Poor processes Poor Management

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews

Ground Control Reviews FAQs

Ground Control has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 52 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Ground Control to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ground Control employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ground Control. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

69% of Ground Control employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ground Control 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Ground Control Job Seekers