Found 3,848 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Groupon
Got a burning question about Groupon? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Groupon employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and very international" (in 374 reviews)
- "Great Culture and as long as you perform well you can pretty much be your own boss and do anything you want." (in 239 reviews)
- "Work / Life balance is good" (in 163 reviews)
- "Good benefits (would be great with 401k match and more tolerable work envt)" (in 108 reviews)
- "Good work environment at most offices" (in 79 reviews)
- "Bad management very lazy is their approach" (in 255 reviews)
- "Pay is low unless you're one of the chosen high ups and politics has everything to do with being chosen." (in 126 reviews)
- "Inexperienced managers leading teams." (in 105 reviews)
- "Senior Leadership and Technology is poor" (in 78 reviews)
- "Upper management seems disconnected with our day" (in 69 reviews)
- 2.027 Nov 2023Senior Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee
Fascinating tech stack with opportunities to work with lots of different tools and techniques. International business with colleagues in multiple regions. Reasonable work / life balance with home working and office days. The CEO is bullish about working at Groupon beeing the opportunity of a lifetime.
Business is moving to Czechia, with a preference for new recruits to be contractors in or near Prague. Lots of brain drain as established colleagues have either been laid off or have left voluntarily. Very few perks (even the eat-your-own-dog-food app offering additional discount and bug bounty has been axed). Focus on cost cutting is forcing change which leads to unreliability, all with little planning. VPs come and go with alarming regularity. It's a not what you know, but a who you know culture. It's hard to see how this can be the opportunity of a lifetime after years of restructuring and the business still struggling to perform.3
- 1.024 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
I see very few pros working there...
Working at Groupon turned out to be the worst experience in my career. This company's primary focus is on cutting costs, aiming to pay employees as little as possible while expecting them to generate maximum revenue. They are currently undergoing a significant restructuring phase, resulting in a substantial number of layoffs. As an employee, you feel undervalued, merely a means to boost their profits, then, they'll terminate your employment without any compassion. HR lacks empathy and fails to support the well-being of employees. The training and process systems in place are incredibly overwhelming, with the use of Google Sheets, which proves to be inefficient and time-consuming. Furthermore, the company culture does not foster a welcoming atmosphere; existing employees tend to keep to themselves rather than assisting newcomers. In conclusion, I strongly advise against applying or working for this company.4
- 1.013 Oct 2023MarketingFormer EmployeeLondon, England
Flexible working is good but varies across department
Complete erosion of culture which used to be the best part of the company The office feels empty and perks have been removed (no free drinks, snacks, fruit etc) Huge blame culture across teams No rewards Tracked daily reporting on duties3
- 3.025 Jul 2023Vendor ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
If you're after an easy life and want to surf by and you're ok to do as you're told and keep your head down, perfect job. Facilities are great. If you're after expressing yourself, making a difference and growing, keep looking.
The experience you bring will be the experience you leave with. They have training programs but nothing good enough to learn from. It's mainly done to tick a box, typical corporate business. All that anyone cares is numbers, which change on a weekly, if you're told your voice matters and ideas matter. No, they don't it's whatever comes down from the US office that matters.
- 3.08 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great commission if the deal was good
Too cut-throat for the type of business. Named and shamed on whiteboards in the office, socials used against you, you’re just a number. HR promises options to move within the company but when you try they always decline immediately. They make it very hard to progress1
- 4.08 Aug 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Flexible, remote working. Office is nice.
Covid has dampened the fun culture the company once had. The recent loss of benefits.
- 3.023 Jun 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Opportunities to develop and advance internally Camaraderie within the team
Internal culture is heavily biased towards sales and the bottom line and away from customer experience
- 3.019 Jun 2023Lead DesignerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Good opportunity to work on big impact projects.
Joined the company when it was growing a lot and it seemed quite fast and messy at the time.
Groupon Reviews FAQs
Groupon has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 4,430 reviews left anonymously by employees. 43% of employees would recommend working at Groupon to a friend and 28% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.
43% of Groupon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Groupon 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.