H&R Block Employee Reviews about "tax pros"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 186 of over 5,146 reviews

3.8
H&R Block President and CEO Jeffrey J. Jones II
Jeffrey J. Jones II
Pros
  • "Flexible Schedule 7 days a week(in 299 reviews)

• "Flexible hours; after peak season, it is really easy due to lack of customers(in 260 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Therewere long hours during tax season(in 305 reviews)

• "Most tax pros work only during the tax season and require to take at least 8 weeks of vacations between the seasons(in 135 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "tax pros"

Jan 19, 2021 - FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL in Lexington-Fayette, KY
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Online training is nice and complete

Cons

Everything else: bad management, not enough hours, no direction for new employee for their 1st year as tax pro

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Struggling

Jan 13, 2021 - Experienced Tax Associate in Portland, OR
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

In general, the company does good work. Excellent reputation based on solid history with millions of clients. Well-meaning management. Copious training for tax pros.

Cons

Tax associates are ridiculously underpaid -- not much above minimum wage for work that deals intimately with people's sensitive financial information, and that requires a semester of study, a license in some states, and 30 hours of CEUs each year. Quality of training varies wildly.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    3. What people are saying about H&R Block

Join the conversation on

Personal Investment Chatter

14d

works at

Glassdoor

I’m making in the low $200s, but I’m getting RSUs for the first time in my career, and my family is looking to buy our first house. So far we’ve just used H&R Block online to file our taxes. I’m wondering if it would be helpful to A) start working with a Financial/Tax planner and/or B) start having an actual person do our taxes. For context, 3 years ago I was making $137 with no bonuses or stock units, so just trying to figure out how to make the best financial choices.

6 Comments