HH Global Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1
HH Global Global CEO Robert MacMillan
Robert MacMillan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The general staff are great - Management not so great" (in 2 reviews)

• "Good company, lots of growth possibilities" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "So many people were let go while I was there it was scary, there is no job security" (in 5 reviews)

• "The employees are not valued which is evident in the high turnover and lack of quality onboard information and professional training" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Exellent"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at HH Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They really look after you as an individual

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up

27 Jun 2018 – HR Business Partner

Great to hear your enjoying your time with us. Thanks for your feedback

"I will not recommend"

I worked at HH Global full-time

Pros

Amazing general stuff to work with. Good technology.

Cons

Bonus scheme is very loosely based on your own performance which isn't monitored. I left the company in April this year. I worked towards HH's successful revenue full financial year 2017/18. I received great reference when leaving the company, ticking all the boxes to be eligible to get the bonus. This year they've decided not to give me any stating as the HH Global bonus scheme is entirely discretionary and as per the bonus plan document "participants will have no right to bonus if their employment terminates for any reason or they are under notice of termination (whether given by the Participant or the Company) at or prior to the date when a bonus might otherwise have been payable".

If my contract makes it clear that the bonus is paid at the employer’s discretion, then true, I may not be contractually entitled to the payment. But, even if the bonus is discretionary, employer must not act irrationally or arbitrarily; or victimise or discriminate.

I feel deeply discriminated, dismissed and treated unfairly. I worked hard along side my work colleagues towards company's account and I was the only one not been awarded even though I fully qualified. In my opinion this decision was 100% arbitrarily. Even though the bonus was discretionary they still should have the right reasons to withdraw mine and those should be based on my performance review. In this instance it was the case of their good will and fairness in which they obviously lacked.

I left the company with a positive mind but their actions now left me with nothing else but a bitter taste. I would not recommend this place to anyone, dirty and unprofessional HR actions. Also very little job security.

27 Jun 2018 – HR Business Partner

At HH Global we pride ourselves on our employee engagement, providing transparent and fair treatment of all through our talent performance programme and recognising all contributions made to our... More

"I will not recommend to others"

Former Employee - Artworker
    Former Employee - Artworker

I worked at HH Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

career opportunities if you're ready for rat race, good technology, modern environment, good growth

Cons

unclear and unfair internal scoring, old fashion processes, very little job security, dirty and unprofessional HR actions on notice period

Advice to Management

Nope - they know better!

27 Jun 2018 – HR Business Partner

"Not the greatest company to work for."

I worked at HH Global full-time

Pros

- Healthy bonus scheme per annum (with conditions as listed below)

Cons

- Bonus scheme is very loosely based on your own performance which isn't monitored and highly doctored for the client facing mediums. It's highly dependent on a number of factors out of your control, and whether the company is doing well enough to justify it.
    - Management level and above have no issue with terminating employees at a moments notice.
    - No organisational structure, or concrete industry knowledge when approaching clients.
    - Basically guesswork when predicting a workload, and then firing accordingly.
    - Asking staff to spy on other staff when performance isn't at it's peak.
    - Little to no parking / staff facilities, reserved for management.
    - No opportunity to grow your career despite over-performance and constantly being told you can.
    - Long hours with easy work, no flexibility for earlier finishes despite passing the probationary period.
    - No pay reviews.
    - No short or long term goals set by management.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better, as they're the ones that do the work you take the credit for.

8 Nov 2017 – HR Business Partner

We are sorry to hear that your experience of working for HH Global was not a positive one. We would welcome a conversation to further understand your concerns and discuss how we can do better next... More

"Excellent"

I have been working at HH Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great fast paced environment, relentless, but fun.

Cons

None, it's a positive environment

Advice to Management

Keep it up, it's working

"Strange management behaviour"

I worked at HH Global full-time

Pros

Good starting pay
    Some very knowledgeable, skilled and experienced people work here

Cons

Distrustful management
    Unprofessional environment
    High staff turnover
    Little job security

Advice to Management

Be more respectful

4 Sep 2017 – Human Resources

Please feel free to reach out to the HR team in your respective region to share more thoughts. We would like to understand your concerns.

"shocking"

I worked at HH Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some excellent general staff
    good ideas people

Cons

Management clueless and hell bent on their own success at the cost of anyone who gets in the way

"Hot air and pomp"

I worked at HH Global full-time

Pros

The general staff are great - Management not so great

Cons

poisonous culture, set people up to fail not support them to succeed.

Advice to Management

Senior Management are all very cliquey and will stab you in the back as soon as they can. They are lead by example from the top of the org chart!

4 Sep 2017 – Human Resources

"Going Places but still flaws"

I have been working at HH Global full-time

Pros

- Currently on the up with some solid growth
    - Strong market position
    - Potential for progression but only if your face fits

Cons

- said growth is proving to have a negative effect on existing staff due to increased numbers and inevitability of getting lost in the crowd
    - poor to non-existent pay increases or rewards
    - constant non-payment of bonuses always seems to be a reason not to award them
    - Poor HR

Advice to Management

Look after the staff more, rewards, where deserved, need to be honoured/paid

"Success... but at what cost?"

I worked at HH Global full-time

Pros

- Switched on business sales with clear vision and smart people to back-up.
    - Can be innovative but only in certain areas.
    - Plenty of people really trying to make things work, (shame the old school act against this).
    - Commercially very well run.

Cons

- Lots of limiting beliefs from the old school section of middle management who hold the company back and have been there for too long.
    - Same old schoolers invest their business time in looking indispensable by creating silo's and pushing new thinkers out. Change is not an option, it will never work, conversation closed, the business deserves much better than this.
    - Higher management promote the values of a 'first at all costs' culture, what does this mean, is welfare a part of this? Bit too much show-off talk at times.
    - Some of the same higher management can be a bit over focused on their own value to the business and ground floor workers don't always get much of a look-in.
    - Crude HR, employees told to write positive glassdoor reports etc, not great at listening, see how they only respond to positive reviews on glass-door, always the easy route, fingers in ears.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the commercial vision, there's only success ahead.
    Less show-off talk and don't be fooled by the old school, they're holding you back.

6 Mar 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We encourage you to call the HR team in your respective region where you worked, to share more inputs.