HUB International Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 26 Feb 2020

3.5
HUB International President Marc Cohen
Marc Cohen
Pros
  • "Work / life balance is excellent(in 36 reviews)

• "HUB is fantastic work environment that offers a "small company family vibe," but offers the resources of a large corporation(in 33 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Not a Good Work Environment"

Current Employee - Auto Associate in Burnaby, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at HUB International full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros very cheap company

Cons

No training, work life balance, poor pay and benefits

June 15, 2020HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear about your experiences with HUB. We value the feedback and take it seriously. As we continue to grow, we consistently review our staffing level needs to ensure that we provide best in class client service, while balancing the workload of our employees. We will continue to look at innovative ways to promote work/life balance. HUB strives to provide competitive compensation packages and conducts ongoing compensation reviews against the external market.

2. "Commercial Lines Account Manager"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at HUB International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career Opportunities within the company but may need to relocate. Well structured. Pleasant coworkers. Competitive pay.

Cons

Minimal work/life balance. Too fast paced to gain knowledge needed to grow professionally. No time to focus on details. Expect too much out of one person doing the work of two people.

3. "Best Internal Transfer Experience"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at HUB International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The process was pleasant and seamless. - HR personnel that guided me through the process was nothing but amazing. She was professional, attentive and friendly. She went above and beyond and is a true definition of what a good HR person should be. - Great supporter of flexible work schedule allowing their employees to have a healthy work life balance. - Provides opportunity to advance in your career - open door policy - great working environment - considers employees input

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of at this time

"Interesting place"

I worked at HUB International

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door for insurance. Since there is no on boarding program, the learning curve is steep and will be beneficial in the end.

Cons

- Work life balance is nonexistent. Demands on teams and account associates/assistants are outlandish. Some people will get to work from home time to time, but only if you are in someones good books. - Divisions between teams and departments: everyone acts like the are in high school and will form cliques or will act like they terrified someone is coming to take their job. No real knowledge sharing or communication between departments. The culture can be very negative at times. - If you have no education or proper insurance experience but are one of the executives or managers friends/family members you will do well and move up quickly. Lots of opportunities for the connected. If you are not lucky enough to be on the friend or family list be prepared for: hard times, eye rolls, constant criticism, and doors slammed in your face. Nepotism is king here. - No on boarding or training what so ever. No shadowing key team members. No introductions. No written instructions. Nothing. - Some people will get invited to carrier or broker events, again, mostly the connected people will actually be invited. Managers don’t think to invite their team members just the select few. - Tons and tons of unprofessional, sexist and down right bad behavior is accepted here. It’s an old boys club. Won’t get rid of the rotten apples because it would be too much to pay them out. - Lots of egos and people wanting bragging rights but no real rock stars. - No education for people who want to branch out, can have a difficult time getting this “education tuition reimbursement” if you are not on the right team, working for the right person, doing the right job. Other brokers it’s standard that if some one expresses interest in education they go and get it. At HUB you need to justify everything and pray you get a chance to grow.

"Empty promises to get you in the door"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at HUB International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, PTO and company perks. Lots of opportunity to learn and take on more.

Cons

Executives are given entirely too much to handle that’s not really the job of an account executive such as accounting, admin work, etc. They are incredibly understaffed so they overload employees with double the work. I’ve watched people cry at their desks from stress. Passive aggressive behavior by management, they secretly make employees report back to them telling them what the other is doing (not healthy). They don’t allow work from home and have no work life balance although it’s promised in interviews. They claim to be innovative but they just sell it that way to get you in the door.

November 21, 2019Human Resource Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear about your experiences with HUB We value the feedback and take it seriously. As we continue to grow, we consistently review our staffing level needs to ensure that we provide best in class client service, which is a core value for HUB, while balancing the workload of our employees. HUB does encourages flexible work arrangements, and many factors go into the consideration of flexible schedules and arrangements. We will continue to look at innovative ways to promote work/life balance to ensure that it remains part of the HUB culture. Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback.

6. "Good place to work."

4.0

I have been working at HUB International

Pros

Has good work life balance.

Cons

Unstructured career path and growth opportunities.

"Great atmosphere, decent benefits, subpar pay"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chilliwack, BC

I have been working at HUB International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very collaborative atmosphere, managers and executives are easy to talk to. Good work/life balance - very rarely work overtime. Benefits are great for dental.

Cons

Poor vision benefits. Pay is below average (sacrificing pay for the culture). Confusing c-suite structure - so many executives and VPs!

Continue reading
  8. "Great Company With Bright Future"

5.0
    Current Employee - Employee Benefits in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HUB International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large employer, but each location has small employer feel. Good ongoing training. Management is understanding of work/life balance. Collaboration between employees/departments is good. Senior employees are helpful with new employees.

Cons

Need to be ready for fast pace environment, growing company.

"Low pay for workload & lack of culture"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at HUB International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- no real pros to discuss - casual Friday's - somewhat of a work/life balance

Cons

- low pay - low appreciation - no opportunities for advancement within the organization - high volume work - high turn over - no motivation

June 6, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback. The Assistant and Associate positions can be busy as they are account support roles. HUB supports career development of its employees and actively promotes our Education Tuition Reimbursement Program. We advertise all career opportunities on a weekly basis and encourage internal applications. Please speak to your manager regarding your concerns and to discuss your career goals. HUB strives to provide competitive compensation packages and conducts ongoing compensation reviews against the external market. Alternatively, feel free to speak to your HR Manager.

"Horrible Training"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant

I worked at HUB International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is good at HUB

Cons

There are tooo many to name.

Found 49 reviews