Haines Watts Reviews

Michael Davidson
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Haines Watts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely modern offices in a great location, friendly people and relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes a little too quiet especially when people are out on jobs

Group People and Learning Advisor

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it's great to hear that you enjoyed working at Haines Watts. It is always great to have positive feedback and that you found the people friendly. I wish you all the best with your new career path.

2. "Acceptable"

4.0
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Northampton, England

I worked at Haines Watts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Haines Watts was a good insight to the world of work

Cons

Communications skills were lacking in some areas

Group People and Learning Advisor

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it's great to hear that you had good insight to the world of work. We will take on your feedback regarding communication as we are always looking at ways to improve and be better at communicating to our employees.

3. "Good work environment, Happy to recommend"

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Northampton, England

I worked at Haines Watts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive, Good work relationship, Good learning environment

Cons

None specific to comment due to short duration of employment

Group People and Learning Advisor

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and it's great to hear that you felt supported within your role and had built good working relationship with your team. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

4. "A forward thinking business who value their people."

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Consultant in Northampton, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and high employee engagement. Excellent progression opportunities.

Cons

Getting clients to see we are more than just an accountants

Talent Business Partner

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave your review, it's great to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

5. "Loved the job but now significant unrest"

Current Employee - Accounts Senior in London, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team overall, potentially exciting changes ahead, good office atmosphere (most of the time), study support package provided is excellent (except restrictions mentioned below).

Cons

Change in company procedures and ethos appears to put profit before quality and utilisation of employee skills. Work is not delegated out evenly between the team with various members of staff regularly under immense workload and deadline pressures. Study support varies from employee to employee with some employees allowed to sit exams as they please and others restricted - no standard package. Broken promises from staff appraisals regarding opportunities and future aspirations and plans. No set remuneration review and no review has been undertaken in the last 18 months - at least, not with me.

HR & Training Advisor

Hello, Thank you for your review. We are keen to investigate these points further. Can you please email some more information at national@hwca.com and I can pick this up with the relevant teams.

"Negative culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in London, England

I worked at Haines Watts full-time

Pros

Study was paid for and study leave was given in the run up to exams. Good work/life balance as overtime was rarely expected.

Cons

Little room for development, focus was on hiring external staff rather than trying to train and develop existing staff. Long term issue of managers being rude and lacking empathy, resulting in high staff turnover. Too many partners, associate partners and managers for size of company, leading to micromanagement of lower level staff. Appraisals were rare.

HR & Training Advisor

Hello, We are sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't 100%. We would like to investigate this further. Can you please drop us an email at national@hwca.com with some more information on your concerns? Many Thanks

7. "Absolutely no regrets"

Current Employee - Tax Associate Director in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really enjoying my role. Varied interesting clients and cases. A great group of people to work with. I really appreciate the positive reinforcement received from colleagues and superiors. I feel that it has been a good fit for me and am pleased to be part of the family and see a positive future here with a great opportunity to continue to progress my career.

Cons

Was difficult to get to grips with new systems and procedures. Whilst the staffing structure is great for providing opportunities it is somewhat different to my former employer’s and a little more explanation of the roles as part of the on-boarding process would have been useful.

HR & Training Advisor

Thanks for the review! Great to hear you are enjoying your time with us! We will take on your feedback regarding systems training. We wish you every success in your role at Haines Watts

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time

Pros

A company that shares everything with you, they are as transparent as possible which helps employees embrace changes within the business as we understand the end goal. Northampton office is a great group of people with a work hard, play hard mentality. Thoroughly enjoying my time with the business.

Cons

Northampton and indeed the whole SEM region have grown rapidly and sometimes procedures aren't quite as streamlined as they should be.

HR & Training Coordinator

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are glad that you are enjoying your time with Haines Watts.

9. "Great place to grow"

4.0
    Current Employee - Accountant in Northampton, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management believes in the company and the employees and wants everyone to do well and improve all the time. The office "vibe" is always good and there is a family atmosphere

Cons

There are a few gossip mongers, but that's to be expected in every company; and sometimes there is possibly too much work on your plate at one time.

"An Amazing Employer"

Current Employee - Service Charge Accountant in Flitwick, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for less than a year

Pros

A family like atmosphere, helpful people all around you and a team you can rely on (and you get paid). What more do you need?

Cons

I do not think I can find any. However, the paper cuts are getting out of hand :)

HR & Training Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review us! So glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us.

Found 41 reviews