Haines Watts Reviews

Updated 28 Apr 2020

4.4
Haines Watts Group Managing Partner Michael Davidson
Michael Davidson
  1. "Great company, brilliant people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Haines Watts in their Northampton branch for 4 months now and the welcome I received was exceptionally warm and caring. it was immediately made apparent to me that any fellow staff member you co-operate with will always give you their full time and resources, to ensure the outcome of your task is flawless. Driven by a great desire to consistently improve client service, the management staff will go above and beyond to help anyone achieve their goals; as long as you are committed to putting in the time and effort. Additionally, there is a great feeling of staff progression, given from the management staff who are always looking to develop you skills and tailor your progression within the business. The approachable nature of all members of staff, including Board level employees, makes you feel like an integral part of the team. Furthermore, the combination of like minded individuals, who appreciate team work is vital for consistent high quality client service, is what makes Haines Watts an exceptional organisation to work for.

Cons

The experience is likely to differ throughout the separate regions; however the various offices I have worked from have all encompassed this brilliant experience.

Haines Watts2016-12-15

January 23, 2017HR Director

We are so glad to hear that you've had such a great start with us and thanks for taking the time to let us, and others know!

2. "A dynamic and energetic business"

in Kettering, England

I have been working at Haines Watts for more than 3 years

Pros

A dynamic and energetic organisation that heavily invests in the development of its people and embraces the change the profession is seeing. A firm of advisors, more than accountants.

Cons

Fast paced - sometimes the need to take stock of where we are can be overlooked by the drive and enthusiasm to develop. Given the current climate - it would however be much worse to be standing still. Therefore a balance is required to get the best outcome.

Haines Watts2016-12-11
  3. "Ambition and opportunities aplenty!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management are very involved in getting you to the level you aspire to be within the business. Part of a very friendly team. Competitive salary with lots of additional perks.

Cons

Feel some people can take mick and don't appreciate what a good place this is to work for and the business would potentially grow quicker and better without them.

Haines Watts2016-12-07
  4. "No complaints, good place to work"

Office Administrator in Chorley, England

I have been working at Haines Watts

Pros

Encourage growth and development of skills. Honest and hard working team. Locally support charities. Knowledge base sharing. Up to date equipment and software.

Cons

Open plan office can sometimes become too loud.

Haines Watts2016-10-25
  5. "Administrator"

5.0
    Current Employee - Administrator in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Haines Watts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues - friendly and helpful. Managers are motivating and supportive. Great rewards and incentives. Good career progression - taking on work experience students and newly qualified accountants and helping them to progress. Treated as in individual human being, not just a number or an employee. Nice being part of a smaller team but of a large organisation also. Great social life with work colleagues!

Cons

Not being from an accounting background, I sometimes find it hard to get my head around things, but my colleagues and Managers are very helpful and understanding, and I know they would support any training that I asked for. I don't get as many holidays or sick pay as I did in my previous job either, but the fact that I enjoy my job so much makes up for it.

Haines Watts2016-10-16

October 25, 2016HR Director

Thank you. Everybody likes to be told when they are doing something well and we are no exception! Mike Lloyd.

6. "Welcoming and supportive"

4.0
     in Northampton, England

I have been working at Haines Watts

Pros

The whole team has been very welcoming and the business doesn't feel hierarchical which is great. The business is defintiely growing, so theres no lack of work but plenty of opportunity to prove yourself and move up. Its an extremely busy environment, so some of the onboarding activities fall by the wayside, although i feel very supported by my manager. Management are keen to support people through their professional qualifications and to develop.

Cons

The holiday allowance is really poor with Junior staff getting the legal minimum.

Haines Watts2016-10-24
  7. "New starter - Northampton"

4.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Northampton, England

I have been working at Haines Watts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have felt welcome and part of the team since day 1! I feel very supported by my own manager and everybody else here. I have had a brilliant onboarding experience with regular reviews and clear objectives. I feel confident that I will be able to develop my skills and be thoroughly supported in that at HW.

Cons

My holiday allowance is lower than what it was in my previous role

Haines Watts2016-10-24

December 7, 2016HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. This will help shape our future plans for development and for reward. Alexandra Garner.

"Salary"

1.0
    Accountant in Manchester, England

I worked at Haines Watts for more than a year

Pros

Nice people to have worked with. Good colleagues there, no much red tape in getting small jobs done.

Cons

Salary is quite poor. They don't value experience over qualifications in there.

Haines Watts2016-10-11

"Audit Manager"

2.0
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in London, England

I worked at Haines Watts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mid tier firm with some fairly good clients, gives good exposure to a varied client base in the SME sector.

Cons

Think and operate like a small firm. No cross-collaboration between other offices. Software used was old and clunky, and far from being paperless in my time there.

Haines Watts2015-10-21

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 39 reviews