Handy Housekeeper Reviews

Updated 26 Nov 2019

Handy CEO  Oisin Hanrahan
Oisin Hanrahan

"Will take your money with no proof"

Current Contractor - Housekeeping in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Handy for more than 3 years

Pros

I actually am good at cleaning and the app it pretty busy

Cons

doesn't pay near enough for supplies and labor takes your money on bogus fees with no evidence and gives you the run around when you try to address it. does not care about contractors at all bogus reviews Seriously, me working on this app is very temporary.

Handy2019-11-26

November 28, 2019Customer Experience Manager

We appreciate all your hard work on the Handy platform. It's important to us that professionals are paid in a timely manner. We'd like to take a closer look at your payments. Please email us at prosupport@handy.com

2. "Feed"

Current Contractor - Housekeeper in New York, NY

I have been working at Handy for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy, and you get to set your own hours

Cons

Physically demanding and lack of training.

Handy2019-09-21
  3. "Housekeeper"

Current Contractor - Housekeeper

I have been working at Handy

Pros

Cash out when you want Good for temporary work

Cons

Exhausting No gas reimbursement Pay is low Get less than half of what they charge customers

Handy2019-08-19

August 27, 2019Customer Experience Manager

A professional's hourly rate solely depends on the supply and demand in your particular area and it is our utmost priority to ensure that professionals receive their due payment. Thank you for your hard work and dedication on the platform. If you have other payment concerns, we're always willing to help out. Please send us an email via prosupport@handy.com.

4. "Solid gig."

Current Contractor - Housekeeper in Austin, TX

I have been working at Handy for more than 5 years

Pros

Time freedom Choose your own schedule.

Cons

Customer Cancellations. Not always enough work. Lack of customer support.

Handy2019-08-13

August 14, 2019Customer Experience Manager

We appreciate your honest feedback. This will definitely help us improve our services. Please note that jobs are posted based on the specific needs of customers in your area and are posted when the need arises. However, we can assure you that jobs posted on the Handy platform will always be free for pros to claim. In some cases wherein customers cancel on short notice, pros will receive compensation. If you have any concerns regarding your account, you are free to message us via prosupport@handy.com.

"No consistent work hard to reach"

Current Contractor - Housekeeper in Reno, NV
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Handy for less than a year

Pros

Nice to have freedom to work when I want.

Cons

Work is not enough to make full time. Have lots of money transfer issues and hard to reach them.

Handy2019-06-16

June 18, 2019Customer Experience Manager

Thanks for using the Handy platform! We appreciate your honest feedback. This helps us improve our services. Jobs are constantly being added to the platform, so the more often you check, the more likely you are to find jobs in your preferred locations at your preferred times. If you do not see any jobs, we recommend waiting a bit longer before checking again. Something will come up soon! If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us through Handy.com/help and we'll get back to you.

"Handy will throw you into the lion’s den and won’t look back"

Former Contractor - Housekeeper in Orlando, FL

I worked at Handy for less than a year

Pros

Your own availability Build clientele

Cons

It’s insane how much handy doesn’t care about their employees !!!! No questions asked or anything when customers make false claims about you, even when you provide evidence they won’t pay attention to you, it’s just easier to charge you $50 for someone making an excuse to get a refund. I have kept my standards with handy, I gave my best in every job and went out of my way to make customers happy, but even the ones you think are happy and satisfied, change their stance as soon as you leave and some of your customers seem to be impossible to satisfy but Handy doesn’t care or investigate as long as they charge anyone one with a fee (customer or employee) get the money, right ? Customers will ask you if you can do something extra for them which they didn’t pay for, and even if you tell them poilitely that it’s not part of their booking, they can give you a bad rate and this will significantly lower your general rate and puts you in jeopardy of loosing your job. I only worked for them 2 months and this job isn’t worth it at all, hope no one else falls for this scam

Handy2019-05-30

June 3, 2019Customer Experience Manager

We are sad to hear that you are not happy with the Handy platform. We also hope this isn't your last impression of us. Compensating independent service providers for their efforts is definitely at the top of our list. We also make sure that we verify all claims between customers and pros before we proceed with any resolution. Let us take a closer look into your case. To proceed, please send us an email via Handy.com/help and we'll get back to you asap!

7. "Terrible"

Current Contractor - Housekeeper in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Handy for less than a year

Pros

You can work literally whenever/wherever you want to book a shift

Cons

You can do everything right go above and beyond work your butt off for hours on end only to receive 1 star even if you hit ever mark.

Handy2019-04-11

April 24, 2019Customer Experience Manager

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We're always working to improve the Handy platform for all users and we'll be sure to share this with our team here at Handy HQ. Ratings are a reflection of your work and come directly from the customer you worked with. We also provide pros with the tools needed to block customers so you're not matched with them again should it not be a good fit. If you'd like to tell us more, please don't hesitate to contact us at Handy.com/help!

"Unsatisfied"

Current Contractor - Housekeeper in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Handy for more than a year

Pros

Pay ,choose hours, location to work.

Cons

Rating system, dishonest customers ,fees, Handy is clearly against their workers.

Handy2019-02-15

February 18, 2019Customer Experience Manager

Hello, and thank you for being an active professional on the Handy platform! We'd love to hear more about your thoughts on the rating system. Please visit us at Handy.com/help to submit your feedback and we'll share it with our team at Handy HQ.

"Sucks"

Current Contractor - Housekeeper in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Handy for less than a year

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

Barely any hours they don't let you choose your own hours you may be able to to choose what hours to start and when you want to finish but mostly they put me 2:30 to 5:30 slot

Handy2019-01-06

January 7, 2019Customer Experience Manager

Hey, thanks for sharing this feedback with us. Professionals can set their own hours and also choose the bookings they would like to work. This means that you're in full control of when you would like to work according to the schedule you set. The bookings that you can choose from come directly from customers booking in your area. If you're seeing similar times for bookings that could mean the customers in your area are booking around the same time. You should check back daily to see all available bookings in your area, as times will change depending on when customers want someone to come. If you need further assistance, please visit us at Handy.com/help.

"Worst company"

Former Contractor - Housekeeper

I worked at Handy

Pros

The only pro is being able to create your own schedule

Cons

You can book a job and say it's for an hr the customer expects you to clean their entire apt, house, condo etc in that time, and that is not how it works, say you don't clean their entire place in an hr and because your job is based on an unfair rating system you can lose it at any given time no matter if you have completed the duties you were responsible for

Handy2018-12-07

December 13, 2018Customer Experience Manager

As a professional, you have the resource to communicate any issues around extra time needed to complete the work through the Help center in the Handy pro app. If time is running out you can request additional time to finish, or ask the customer what areas you should focus on within the remaining time the originally booked.

Found 41 reviews