Harmony School of Political Science and Communication Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Mar 2017

Found 10 reviews

4.4
  1. "Science Teacher"

Pros

Great staff support, innovative management, very diverse, great and bright students, supportive parents, academically driven students, strong STEM program

Cons

needs stronger athletic department, sports aren't ignored here but needs bigger investment.. It is good but can be better and I know they are working on it, ie: building a soccer field

Harmony School of Political Science and Communication2017-03-10
  2. "Standard of education"

Current Employee - Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at Harmony School of Political Science and Communication full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a full time employee at the school. I have so far had a wonderful experience being here. The education standard is technical oriented with top of the line strategies being employed. Staff works with full dedication and are well qualified. The working environment is perfect. All teachers work in great harmony and are very helpful.

Cons

There is a need to infuse more accountability for students. A little more strictness is needed for the accountability of the students. Some students may affect the learning of the whole class.

Advice to Management

Work towards the accountability of students especially the discipline issues.

3. "working at Harmony"

Current Employee - Nurse in Austin, TX

I have been working at Harmony School of Political Science and Communication full-time for more than a year

Pros

The kids are such a joy and are very sweet and my co workers make work fun and helps the day go by fabulous. I love my Job.

Cons

The building needs a little updating.

4. "Harmony teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Austin, MN

Pros

I love my job and my students we are like family here at harmony it's great school and work place.

Cons

All the school always can get better

Harmony School of Political Science and Communication2017-03-09
  5. "Great Charter School"

I have been working at Harmony School of Political Science and Communication full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a great freedom in teaching at a charter school. We are able to adapt and adjust to our students needs in a supportive, friendly environment.

Cons

We have outgrown our building, and are moving to a new one. The changes make for interesting bouts of rearrangement and some of them take time to get used to.

Harmony School of Political Science and Communication2017-03-09
  6. "Amazing school to work for!"

Current Employee - Teacher in Austin, TX

Pros

Appreciates employees, students needs always come first, Administration offers support to all teachers and make an effort to help when possible. A really great school to work for and be a part of!

Cons

Not always organized but still gets things done!

7. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Austin, TX

Pros

I have taught at this campus for 6 years. It is a great school offering outstanding curriculum and wonderful co-teachers, administration and parents! I have been excited to be a teacher at this school and always look forward to teaching students in this district!

Cons

The campus is challenged currently with Pre-K through 12th grades but this is soon to be resolved with a new Pre-K through 4th grade campus in Fall 2017 and 5th - 12th staying at this campus. Excited for the change and feel it will help the wide range of grade levels at this location.

Advice to Management

Communication and organization is the key!

8. "teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at Harmony School of Political Science and Communication full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Climate and Communication is wonderful. You feel like at home. Kids are amazing and very nice.

Cons

community involvement would help to improve.

Advice to Management

more activities as staff wised

9. "Great teachers"

Former Employee - Teacher in Austin, TX

I worked at Harmony School of Political Science and Communication full-time for more than a year

Pros

The teachers here are dedicated and extremely talented. Small classes and teams allow teachers to use their full expertise. A multicultural student body gives teachers and students alike an opportunity to experience foreign cultures and cuisine (though it is dominantly Turkish).

Cons

Administration is extremely inexperienced and disconnected from the teachers. Decisions are made with little input or data, and teachers have been know to be reassigned or contracts not renewed without informing the teacher or providing good reason. Head principal is unapproachable and defensive if given criticism, and they often respond with juvenile retaliation. It's especially hard for women who deal with the culture...

Advice to Management

Listen without speaking and form committees or groups to drive change. There was once a ton of pride and camaraderie within the school, but the teachers now feel unimportant and abused.

Harmony School of Political Science and Communication2016-06-08
  10. "If less than one star was possible..."

I worked at Harmony School of Political Science and Communication full-time

Pros

The only good thing is the middle school and elementary students are amazing. Everything else is trash.

Cons

The school is fraudulent in almost every way. They boast a 15:1 faculty to student ratio, which is true counting the 20-25 paper pusher that don't do anything all day while teacher class sizes swarm up to 28 kids. They charge for after school programs like chess even though teachers have offered to bring all the supplies and volunteer their own time. The administrators just sit around all day. They don't reward teachers...

Harmony School of Political Science and Communication2014-07-24