Harris Reviews

Updated 20 May 2020

3.4
Harris President & CEO Bill Brown
Bill Brown
Pros
  • "9/80 work schedule, unlimited discretionary PTO(in 119 reviews)

• "good work life balance available, Vacation policy(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • "Technical opinions from good engineers are largely not considered by upper management(in 60 reviews)

• "Lack of vision, senior management lacks sensitivity to business or employee needs(in 39 reviews)

1. "assistent salary"

Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at Harris full-time for less than a year

Pros

very good staff and pay

Cons

no cons whatsoever and amazing

Harris2019-09-04
  2. "anon"

Current Employee - Production Engineer in Worthing, South East England, England

I have been working at Harris full-time

Pros

local to home, varied tasks

Cons

company has gone very corporate

Harris2020-02-27
  3. "Good benefits no training"

4.0
    Current Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Basingstoke, England

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Harris Corporation is an American Company but still does some interesting and innovative engineering and design work in the UK

Cons

Very bad at paying for training and most development is done in the US. Ultimately there is distrust between the Americans and other countries, the belief that Americans are always better, hiding behind ITAR to prevent cooperation.

Harris2019-04-12
  4. "Good place to work, has been very supportive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than a year

Pros

People here are mostly very friendly and helpful. There is a lot of on the job training, and the company are very happy to fund external education and training for employees, which to me during a career change, has been invaluable. Management have been very supportive of personal and health problems, and have always made allowances when necessary. The environment is quite chilled, and while people work hard, conversation isn't frowned upon, unlike other places I've worked. The flexible benefits I receive here are excellent, as is the pension scheme.

Cons

There isn't much scope to progress a career, as this is just a small company. They will pay for training, and nurture you in your role, but there is more encouragement to move sideways instead of up.

Harris2017-10-02
  5. "Personal Assistant"

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours Friendly staff free study time family friendly

Cons

Quiet sometimes but thats the nature of the commercial property business.

Harris2017-07-14
  6. "lousy company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Harris full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Been here for over 8 years, thankfully they have sold our part of the business to Speedcast. Hopefully Speedcast will be better & have a better management & definitely get rid of the bullying HR in Aberdeen & have HR people that care about ALL levels of personnel.

Cons

HR & higher management are a disgrace to humanity

Harris2017-02-02

"Some great people, however moral is non existent. Poor management and decisions have placed this company into darkness."

1.0

I have been working at Harris

Pros

Some great people at the company who do great jobs, however they are let down by management. The site has easy access.

Cons

No trust in management. Work environment is terrible. They do not value the workforce just see them as a resource to be exploited by any means to achieve a little more for the shareholders. Has the hallmark of a company going under.

Harris2016-12-01

"Avoid at all costs unless your planning a professional career suicide"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Guildford, England

I worked at Harris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Erm.....basic benefits of pension and healthcare insurance arguably not worth it. Great if you like lying! At least 3 massive changes not just to company name in my time.

Cons

NB: 1* too many but unable to post accurate rating, without any stars! I worked for Harris for 6 years most of which was based outside of Harris offices. Absolutely no training available for any career progression (unless you can count an SQL Book dumped on my desk and no tools or resources to self teach myself as training). No morale amongst staff, unable to get pc's or virtual machine access to do the job yet staff get in trouble for not reaching targets which are impossible and part annual performance reviews. No salary increases for 5 years. Lack of training meant I had to be relocated to a different team in a Harris office only to be at risk of redundancy within a couple of months. Ridiculous levels of micromanaging, having to complete a weekly timesheet. HR/Payroll are as much of joke as management making blinding mistakes that affected my tax records for years. No flexibility on working hours or working from home. Management are systematically good at not listening to staff with technical know-how and in some cases inappropriate comments & behaviour was rife. Sales teams make promises to clients that applications are completely incapable of achieving and support staff are left to pick up the pieces with encouragement from management to lie to clients. Completely driven by sales figures even when the figures are blatantly exaggerated. Worst communication in a comms company I've ever come across. Harris is motto is: Clients never used the system the way it's designed to be used.

Harris2016-11-09

"Payroll"

1.0

I have been working at Harris part-time

Pros

Flexible working hours Good team workers

Cons

Poor management No room for progression Discrimination

Harris2016-10-04

"Stay well away from"

I have been working at Harris full-time

Pros

Great colleagues that get stuck in to various situations and all help each other when required all at the lower level of the company

Cons

forever cutting back on benefits (as they are yet again at present) pushing through changes and demoralising staff & they (HR etc) do not care 1 bit , they are a disgrace

Harris2016-06-17