Harrods Employee Reviews about "good discount"

Updated 24 Feb 2020

3.5
Harrods Managing Director Michael Ward
Michael Ward
Pros
  • "Up to 50% off staff discount on uniform-approved clothing(in 97 reviews)

• "Good discount, met some great people, a good company set up(in 47 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "good discount"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good benefits"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Harrods

Pros

Good discounts for staff and inspiring atmosphere that made me really see that wealth was very attainable.

Cons

I didn't work on the shop floor, I worked in online packages and spent the whole shift on my feet. We had to wear hard shoes that made my feet hurt.

"Chaotic and depressing"

Former Employee - Head Office Employee
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Harrods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount is good - if you can afford it (I couldn't)

Cons

Silent office with no atmosphere. Nothing nearby to office. No proper introduction to anyone or what I was meant to be doing. Workload was all over the place. Weird staff induction completely irrelevant to my position, yet compulsory to attend. Constantly running out of milk, tea and coffee. Some people allowed to work from home, others not. HR in totally different building and never reply. A very strange place to work… I was so excited to work for Harrods but it became clear almost straight away that it wasn't the kind of place I wanted to be.

February 27, 2020Retail Director

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I’m really disappointed to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to talk with you to find out more about your observations and time here. If you are happy to, please contact me at Abi.Weeks@harrods.com.

3. "A good experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Harrods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good discount, met some great people, a good company set up

Cons

A lot of company politics, hard for internal progression

4. "Awful"

2.0
    Former Employee - Buying & Merchandising

I worked at Harrods full-time

Pros

Good discount of 30% and further clothing discount.

Cons

Outdated buying office, very manual in their work. No room for improvement.

"Micro managing"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hammersmith, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Harrods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good discount, friendly team mates.

Cons

Some managers are malicious and would micro manage and scrutinise you for the tiniest things.

Continue reading
  6. "A Good Place to Work"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Summer Sales Associate

I worked at Harrods for less than a year

Pros

Decent amount of break, if full time and not concession Decent hourly wage Good discount/ staff benefits

Cons

Temporary staff work pretty hard but don't benefit from achieving sales goals Some truly awkward hours for temp staff (though admittedly it does state in the contract that you have to be FULLY available)

"Archaic Institution"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in London, England

I worked at Harrods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good discount and culture between shop floor staff

Cons

Senior management are out of the loop and treat staff as numbers

December 17, 2019Retail Director

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to create a positive environment where our people feel supported and valued. Please let us talk with you about the issues you have raised. You can contact me at: Laura.Brown@harrods.com.

"Debilitating and Highly Political"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Harrods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good discount in the store

Cons

Unfortunately Harrods has bred a negative environment where fear is the main method of managing people. People either fit the highly competitive and vindictive workplace or they’re out. I worked in Harrods Head Office for 2 years and I saw countless people pushed out of the business because they were either a “wrong fit” or left as they were worked to the point of stress levels affecting both their ability to work as well as their personal lives. I was told many times not to expect praise by my own manager (a Head of a department) and I saw many other Heads and Directors manage the same way.

October 21, 2019Head of Resourcing

Hi there, I am really disappointed to hear about your observations and your experience. Would love the chance to talk to you to understand in more detail if you would be willing to? My email is viv.mcsweeney@harrods.com if you are happy to talk? Thanks so much, Viv

"Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Human Resources in London, England

I worked at Harrods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at Harrods makes you appreciate any other company or organisation you’ll ever work for. Looks good on your CV, however this is becoming less and less so Good discount The retail side of the business is a pleasant environment. It’s hard work but there is a family feel to teams and the business managers support their teams in most areas.

Cons

The corporate side of the business felt very toxic to me. The Senior Managers are very good at managing people out when you are no longer flavour of the month. When you create a very hostile environment for someone they will usually leave! Ruthlessness is valued, and is then used by Senior Management. Lack of concern shown for the impact this has on stress levels and anxiety of current employees and the long term impact on individuals. Personally still dealing with the after effects on my self esteem and mental wellbeing.

October 9, 2019HR & Retail Director

I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you are happy to discuss further, please let us talk with you. You can contact me at Sarah.Andrews@harrods.com.

"A stepping stone to another job"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing - Head Office in Hammersmith, England

I worked at Harrods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great for your cv, good discount has some great people

Cons

Terrible bonus schemes, uncompetitive salaries, no creativity, difficult to progress. No budgets for Christmas parties, office culture is poor. Toxic culture where negativity is rife, very much a hire and fire scheme but not always based on merit but more politics.

July 15, 2019Director of Marketing & Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am concerned about the experience you have had at Harrods. We care deeply about our people and we want to address the challenges you had during your time with us. Please contact me at Sarah.Myler@harrods.com to talk about this in more detail.

Found 47 reviews