Harrods Employee Reviews about "good discount"

Updated 8 Jan 2021

Found 53 of over 1K reviews

3.9
Harrods Managing Director Michael Ward
Michael Ward
Pros
  • "Best place to work, Lovely management team, discounted food canteen and staff discount on most of things(in 112 reviews)

• "good discount with your harrods rewards card(in 54 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Managers are rude, hard to have relationships with clients if not in a boutique, very busy in the summer - long hours(in 54 reviews)

• "Dysfunctional senior management team(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "good discount"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Contractor

Good benefits

26 Sep 2018 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discounts for staff and inspiring atmosphere that made me really see that wealth was very attainable.

Cons

I didn't work on the shop floor, I worked in online packages and spent the whole shift on my feet. We had to wear hard shoes that made my feet hurt.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't work here if you want to have work-life balance

8 Jan 2021 - Customer Service in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice canteen, good discount, decent pay

Cons

Sometimes management can patronise staff

Head of Customer Service

Hello, thanks for leaving a review. I’m disappointed to read that you haven’t enjoyed your experience of working here. I would like to talk with you to find out more about your experience. If you’re happy to, please contact me at: Jillian.Aslet@harrods.com

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

review

28 Oct 2020 - Sales Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good discount with your harrods rewards card

Cons

very late shifts working till 9pm

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

No Work/Life Balance

26 Nov 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discount and good office dynamics.

Cons

No work/life balance and no area for career advancement

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

13 Aug 2020 - Brand Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discount and great canteen

Cons

Too strict, feels like being in school

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

decent if your young bad for longterm

26 Sep 2020 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

making friends similar age Discount is good but has gone worse Meet alot of diverse international customers from allover

Cons

management Dog eat dog world culture

7. 3.0
      Former Contractor

What is was like ...

28 Aug 2020 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good discount - some people nice

Cons

- management not great and unorganised

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Toxic Environment

7 Oct 2019 - Human Resources in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Harrods makes you appreciate any other company or organisation you’ll ever work for. Looks good on your CV, however this is becoming less and less so Good discount The retail side of the business is a pleasant environment. It’s hard work but there is a family feel to teams and the business managers support their teams in most areas.

Cons

The corporate side of the business felt very toxic to me. The Senior Managers are very good at managing people out when you are no longer flavour of the month. When you create a very hostile environment for someone they will usually leave! Ruthlessness is valued, and is then used by Senior Management. Lack of concern shown for the impact this has on stress levels and anxiety of current employees and the long term impact on individuals. Personally still dealing with the after effects on my self esteem and mental wellbeing.

8 people found this review helpful

HR & Retail Director

I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you are happy to discuss further, please let us talk with you. You can contact me at Sarah.Andrews@harrods.com.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Chaotic and depressing

24 Feb 2020 - Head Office Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount is good - if you can afford it (I couldn't)

Cons

Silent office with no atmosphere. Nothing nearby to office. No proper introduction to anyone or what I was meant to be doing. Workload was all over the place. Weird staff induction completely irrelevant to my position, yet compulsory to attend. Constantly running out of milk, tea and coffee. Some people allowed to work from home, others not. HR in totally different building and never reply. A very strange place to work… I was so excited to work for Harrods but it became clear almost straight away that it wasn't the kind of place I wanted to be.

2 people found this review helpful

Retail Director

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I’m really disappointed to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to talk with you to find out more about your observations and time here. If you are happy to, please contact me at Abi.Weeks@harrods.com.

10. 1.0

Debilitating and Highly Political

15 Oct 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discount in the store

Cons

Unfortunately Harrods has bred a negative environment where fear is the main method of managing people. People either fit the highly competitive and vindictive workplace or they’re out. I worked in Harrods Head Office for 2 years and I saw countless people pushed out of the business because they were either a “wrong fit” or left as they were worked to the point of stress levels affecting both their ability to work as well as their personal lives. I was told many times not to expect praise by my own manager (a Head of a department) and I saw many other Heads and Directors manage the same way.

6 people found this review helpful

Head of Resourcing

Hi there, I am really disappointed to hear about your observations and your experience. Would love the chance to talk to you to understand in more detail if you would be willing to? My email is viv.mcsweeney@harrods.com if you are happy to talk? Thanks so much, Viv

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews