Harvey Nash Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
Harvey Nash Group CEO Albert Ellis
Albert Ellis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Awesome commission structure with tons of opportunities to make some extra money with bi-monthly competitions" (in 13 reviews)

• "The business is interested in work/life balance, and all levels have access to flexibility" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance - long working hours (but better than most competitors)" (in 7 reviews)

• "The commission structure has potential to be great but only if you have consistent, steady business and good relationships" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Moving on - have loved the job!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Leeds, England

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Harvey Nash (Leeds) is a great place to work and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The office has all of the benefits of a global corporate business but with the feel of a boutique local to the Yorkshire market. The team is friendly, inclusive and supportive and the directors have been with the business for a number of years and are hugely knowledgeable and professional. This business has many long-term relationships and clients which is always beneficial for any new starter – especially on like myself being new to the country! It has been a lot of fun. We have team nights out, lunches, events, ski trips, free beer across the road at the local brewery and a pretty flexible approach to work as well as casual office attire which is always nice. It really is not your typical KPI driven agency! All in all I am sad to go and would work with Harvey Nash again in a heartbeat.

Cons

The environment is best suited to someone who is proactive and doesn't need to be told what to do all of the time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up you have a really good thing going .

2. "Decent Company, Not the best for Grads"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of talented people there

Cons

Not the best best learning for grads

3. "Can’t conplaon"

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time

Pros

Really relaxed atmosphere, never feel pressured.

Cons

Could be a bit better in terms of holidays and amenities in office (areas to sit and relax, table tennis etc) as don’t want to have to be stuck at desk all day.

Advice to Management

Cons ^^

4. "WORST MANAGEMENT IN RECRUITMENT"

Former Employee - Recruitment in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment in London, England

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice office - that's it (however when you work for this company going into the office everyday turns into hell because you will hate it that much)

I had to give 1 star as wouldn't let me submit review otherwise however i would give this company a minus if i could.

Cons

commission structure will see you take home less than 5% on overall deal value and they make it so complicated to work out you don't realize how much you are getting ripped off by.

They say its "flexible working" however its the most un-flexible structure ever and frowned upon if your 30 seconds late.

Management are stuck in the 80's and think you need to be "on the phone" 24/7 and don't understand how recruitment works anymore.

The Managing Director of London has clear favorites and only speaks to certain teams and if you are from his rugby club, if you are a girl just forget it he cannot talk to women.

Training is shocking and done from a guy who has never worked in recruitment and doesn't know anything about it, literally sit in a room for hours learning nothing.

All the good consultants have left (Speaks volumes)

The environment is like working in a morgue (where you will go to have your soul killed) They will make you feel so uncomfortable and like management are speaking about you. Never know what is going on in the company as team leaders are always pulled for chats by senior management in private rooms or whisper and you constantly made to feel paranoid.

Micro management to the point you feel like you are back in school (being in school is actually better than working for this company)

Advice to Management

past the point of help, get rid of all senior management especially MD

"Great atmosphere, friendly place to work"

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Friendly colleagues, good atmosphere.
    -Managers generally not too hierarchical, easy to approach and involved with day to day workings of the business.
    -good location on the business park, easy access by car from most nearby towns. Not very accessible if you don't drive though.
    -I can't speak for all managers but mine has always been supported and invested in my career and I have always been encouraged to pursue interests and received promotions when duly earned.

Cons

-can be disorganised
    -lack of any clear progression structure or criteria, you have to make your own path completely and push for what you want there are no established salary bands, promotion ladders, or similar. No two careers are the same, depends on your personality and your manager as to how far you can progress.
    -gender pay gap, due to lack of females in senior management, no clear plan about how this will be resolved and no specific mentoring schemes or talent development schemes in place to fix the current gap via succession

Advice to Management

Greater clarity about progression and pay scales for all staff (not just consultants) would benefit all employees, several people choose to leave rather than fight for progression with unclear goal posts.

"Worst company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Finance in London, England
    Former Employee - Finance in London, England

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The view from the kitchen. That’s about it.

Cons

Bullying. Micromanaging. Pressure to work early, during lunch AND after work. I was told I packed up “too early” 17:25 (finish at 5.30 so unsure what 5 mins would do?), I asked for help (senior) and was told to seek help from someone else as they were “too busy”. I was told to “make up for the time” when I had an emergency Drs appointment after being taken ill on the way to work, but then told it was “my duty” to stay late on month end? I would get looked at badly when I left on time or if I was away from my desk for more than 5 mins. I was told “don’t make plans on a Thursday evening as you will be required to stay late”.
    Horrible working environment and I walked out on several occasions CRYING. Not once did anyone senior approach me to speak to me. Never have I ever been mistreated in my entire career history other than at Harvey Nash. An absolute disgrace of a company. Left me on the verge of a breakdown and I realise nothing can be as bad as Harvey Nash. I would NEVER recommend even if you were desperate for a job.

Advice to Management

Train them up for people skills and realise your staff have a life outside of work. If you have to much stress, maybe hire more people to help.

15 Feb 2018 – Head of Talent

I am so sorry to hear that you have experienced this as this is by no means a reflection of how we operate.

I would appreciate it if we could get in touch to talk about your experience so that we... More

"Great for Graduates"

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time

Pros

Good development opportunities for junior people
    Nice people
    Great work on Diversity & Inclusion

Cons

No development for people with mid experience
    Progression depends on who you know
    Limited investment in business (marketing, IT infrastructure etc)

15 Jan 2018 – Head of Talent

Hi, I am really sorry you have had a disappointing experience from a development perspective. We have a dedicated training programme for all our employees at every level within our business. I would... More

"Title Review"

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time

Pros

If you put in the hard work there is the opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

No structured training / support regime

Advice to Management

Training and support

15 Jan 2018 – Head of Talent

Thanks for giving us some feedback. I would be keen to have a confidential conversation around this and how we can get you on the extensive training programmes we have for every level within our... More

9. "Good company"

Pros

Strong leadership, great brand, and customer relationship focused

Cons

Cant think of any thing

Advice to Management

None

"No Longer a Search Firm"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Focussed on developing hard sales people for low level recruitment

Cons

Poor Management focussed on 2020 pay out for the senior managemen tteam

8 Dec 2017 – Head of Talent

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy. I am really keen to understand more so we can look at the challenges you are facing. Please feel free to get in touch confidentially with me... More