Hastings Direct Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hastings Direct Reviews

Updated 15 Oct 2019

3.3
Hastings Direct CEO Toby van der Meer (no image)
Toby van der Meer
Pros
Cons
  • "These problems are typical of many call centre based environments but have increased in the Renewals department compared with how things used to be(in 9 reviews)

• "No Parking space provided by company(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Newmarket, England

I worked at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you have the right attitude and work ethic there is lots of progression available The office I worked in had a great team work ethic I really enjoyed working with so many great people Hastings and it’s staff always tries to do the right thing for its customer, it may not always get it right but when it doesn’t, what you don’t see as a consumer is that there is always someone behind the scenes trying their best... to do the right thing.

Cons

No cons I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work guys!

Hastings Direct2019-09-17

September 20, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hastings Direct.

2. "In some parts good"

Current Employee - Commercial Analyst in Bexhill, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always looking out for customers and community

Cons

Gone away from the tight knit family feel

Hastings Direct2019-10-15
  3. "."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hastings Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get all weekends off

Cons

Team leaders do not care about employees

Hastings Direct2019-10-09
  4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Product Management Executive in Bexhill-on-Sea, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great management, lots of opportunities.

Cons

Attempts too many objectives at once.

Hastings Direct2019-09-18

September 20, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

5. "Good overall but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Quality Assessor in Leicester, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All my direct managers over the years have been great, genuinely caring for the welfare of their teams. The company offers good benefits, shifts have changed for the better since I was on the phones, and there are flexible working options in some roles. The absolute best thing is the people who work here as they make coming into the office so much more enjoyable.

Cons

From an outside perspective it appears there are major problems in the Renewals department - staff on the frontline there have over the last 12 months come under increased commercial pressure and targets, driving bad behaviours and decreasing morale. The Quality department needs a whole extra team of people to meet demand but there is no likelihood of this being provided. These problems are typical of many call... centre based environments but have increased in the Renewals department compared with how things used to be. Higher up there have been a few management "restructures" which don't give great confidence in direction/state of the business.

Advice to Management

Remember the importance of quality over quantity, not rushing into changes and invest where it's needed.

Hastings Direct2019-09-14

September 20, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We take your concerns on board and we will look into how we can improve these areas further to ensure working at Hastings Direct is a positive experience for all. If you would like to provide further feedback or have ideas on how we could better improve these areas please email us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

6. "Not too bad"

Current Employee - New Business in Leicester, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having a cantina on site Free coffee vending machines/Card payment vending machines for sweets and snacks Free fruits three times a week Holiday allowance Can increase in levels and increase yearly income With the right Leader can develop professionally

Cons

Favoritism Team Leaders with 0 skills of Leadership Lazy leaders Backwards methods of work Harsh language from certain leaders Having a different opinion can be considered as bad behaviour and be marked down and not considered for career progression Not a friendly environment sometimes

Advice to Management

Have an open mind when accepting processes feedback and be willing to search for ways to improve rather than being defensive and rejecting an idea immediately without even giving a thought into it.

Hastings Direct2019-09-28

October 2, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you would like to leave any further feedback please email RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

7. "Amazing Compant to work for"

Current Employee - Custoemr Representative in Leicester, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We are like one big family we all work together as one big team, many incentives to keep you focused and to engaged, plus prizes, working in an office is the best feeling ever however I am a home worker and this also has its pros, it fits around your life style, you can chill at home on your lunch or get on with jobs around the house. You get an opportunity to get a yearly bonus which if fab as it shows how much you... are appreciated. You get recognised for your hard work and the efforts you put in and you can build a customer relationships with your customers which makes your day enjoyable. You get all the support you need from your colleagues and manages, communication is really good and they are always there if you need anything. You get life style shifts which is Monday to Friday, this mean you get your weekends to yourself :-)

Cons

There is not really any cons to working at Hastings,

Advice to Management

Keep doing that you are doing, it works

Hastings Direct2019-09-11

September 13, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and we’re pleased to learn that you enjoy working for Hastings Direct.

8. "Good company to work for. Has its foibles but is very good overall"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leicester, England

I worked at Hastings Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros

Monday to Friday working no later than 7pm if a Full Time employee. Pay can increase if you show competence. Plenty of internal mobility. Great company benefits.

Cons

No sick pay in probation, sometimes difficult to get time off unless you get in early, retention statistics for renewals are an absolute lottery to hit at times. However to balance that out coaching is given.

Hastings Direct2019-09-09

September 13, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thanks for your review! If you would like to leave any further feedback please email RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Teamleader in Leicester, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Definitely contribute to the 4Cs. Hours are really good. Benefits and rewards are fab. A lot of focus to keep colleagues engaged. Overall excellent place to work. Growing big so recruiting to maintain service levels

Cons

Busy but the company working towards improvements

Hastings Direct2019-09-05

September 13, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Hastings Direct.

10. "Similar to other insurance businesses, however a bit 'sales-y' in their coaching"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hastings Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros

A system that, on the face of it, is user-friendly; good colleagues.

Cons

Their systems are not very robust, which means there are frequent outages and necessity for 'workarounds'. Some system errors make the agents make errors. On an individual level, my specific learning difficulties were not taken seriously until I got angry with the coach who was talking to me - 4 months after hiring.

Advice to Management

Guys, stop glossing over someone when they say the materials/guides you give them are not accessible. It took 4 months of self-advocacy and telling coaches EVERY SINGLE COACHING SESSION that I couldn't work with them - and by the way, the phrase 'you'll smash it' doesn't magically dispel learning difficulties. In fact, it's borderline insensitive, because I knew perfectly well that I could do well if I had the... materials. A culture for leaving the homeworking force behind, and those with learning difficulties further behind still.

Hastings Direct2019-09-17

October 2, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

Found 192 reviews