Hastings Direct Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 25 Jan 2021

3.7
Hastings Direct Chief Executive Officer Toby van der Meer
Toby van der Meer
Pros
  • "lots of good benefits that they offer - nice work environment(in 16 reviews)

• "Good benefits, good pay and holiday system is self managed(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of 20 year olds as team leaders that think they know everything; very patronising(in 14 reviews)

• "Frequency of calls was sometimes high, but what else do you expect in a call centre(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, good pay and holiday system is self managed

Cons

Not all team leaders are approachable; there is a clear hierarchy system and considering that they are their to support you, some team leader do not do a good job of performing in their role and are clearly on a power trip. I can name a few that are absolutely fantastic and wish there were more leaders like themselves.

October 21, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience here. We’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote reference GD08.

2. "Good place"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Third Party Claims in Leicester, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits Positive Good colleagues Good support Some mental health awareness

Cons

Stress Too political Need to know people to get Good opportunities

February 15, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’d recommend Hastings Direct. If you would like to leave any further feedback please email RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote ref GD24.

3. "Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Hastings Direct part-time

Pros

- Good part-time job whilst being a student - Good benefits - Flexible hours if you were part-time - Good overtime rates - Hot and cold food served - Opportunity to progress -Invest in your development if you're active about it too

Cons

- Can get very busy - KPI focused sometimes too much, lose focus of context of calls you take - Sorting annual leave out was tricky - Lack of parking

October 2, 2020Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed your time with us.

4. "salary"

Former Employee - Complaints in Bexhill, England

I worked at Hastings Direct part-time

Pros

lots of good benefits that they offer - nice work environment

Cons

no cons personally, left due to change in career

July 31, 2020Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hastings Direct.

5. "Good company"

Current Employee - Hastings Direct in Bexhill-on-Sea, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Friendly environment, room to progress, good benefits

Cons

Salary could be better, the building is old

January 31, 2020Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thanks for your review! If you would like to leave any further feedback please email RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

6. "Good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time

Pros

Good Benefits, Nice people, Good location

Cons

Pay could be better and work culture is toxic at times

January 31, 2020Recruitment Media and Events Executive

"great for part time and university students"

Former Employee - Customer Representative in Leicester, England

I worked at Hastings Direct part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture Flexible Decent training (depends on the department) Good benefits and incentives Nice and friendly people

Cons

Vast majority of managers are not trained on the systems Poor management Very slow and difficult to progress or become a team leader. Company would rather hire inexperienced leaders from outside then internally promote qualified agents who have been working there for years.

October 24, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

"Good overall but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Quality Assessor in Leicester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All my direct managers over the years have been great, genuinely caring for the welfare of their teams. The company offers good benefits, shifts have changed for the better since I was on the phones, and there are flexible working options in some roles. The absolute best thing is the people who work here as they make coming into the office so much more enjoyable.

Cons

From an outside perspective it appears there are major problems in the Renewals department - staff on the frontline there have over the last 12 months come under increased commercial pressure and targets, driving bad behaviours and decreasing morale. The Quality department needs a whole extra team of people to meet demand but there is no likelihood of this being provided. These problems are typical of many call centre based environments but have increased in the Renewals department compared with how things used to be. Higher up there have been a few management "restructures" which don't give great confidence in direction/state of the business.

September 20, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We take your concerns on board and we will look into how we can improve these areas further to ensure working at Hastings Direct is a positive experience for all. If you would like to provide further feedback or have ideas on how we could better improve these areas please email us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

"Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Teamleader in Leicester, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Definitely contribute to the 4Cs. Hours are really good. Benefits and rewards are fab. A lot of focus to keep colleagues engaged. Overall excellent place to work. Growing big so recruiting to maintain service levels

Cons

Busy but the company working towards improvements

September 13, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Hastings Direct.

10. "Terrible company to work for"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Leicester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits scheme, very fun place to work with strong colleague culture.

Cons

Terrible management structure, team leaders will over micro manage you without justification and apply pressure to reduce KPIs without actually understanding the wider factors of the business. Hard to progress unless you have 'talk to the right people in the right way'. Majority of current team leaders have minimal competency in the role and barely have the skill to be customer service advisers let alone management material.

October 24, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and we value your feedback. We will take your comments on board as we continually review and work to improve our colleague experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews