Havit Advertising Reviews

Updated 14 Oct 2019

3.3
Havit Advertising CEO Scott Mikolajczyk (no image)
Scott Mikolajczyk
  1. "Wonderful Agency, Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at Havit Advertising full-time

Pros

Havit is a great place to advance your career and grow in your role. The people who work there are smart and just very kind human beings. It's a family-type environment and everyone is very supportive and willing to help. - The diverse portfolio of clients allows you to do fun and creative work - Work-life balance is great!!! - Work from home summer Fridays - Modern offices in a great location - Good benefit package I've genuinely loved my time there.

Cons

- Be ready to turn around a lot of work quickly.

2. "Senior Account Executive: Amazing Opportunity to Grow & Learn"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Havit Advertising

Pros

- Great people and company collaboration - Unlimited opportunities to evolve your role - Hands-on agency experience with a top portfolio of clients - Cross-functional teamwork between account and creative (you work together; not like you are on separate teams) - No day is the same! - If you make the business case for something, management will support you - Granted the opportunity to become strategic advisor to clients, as their outsourced marketing team - Was able to touch pitches/proposals/SOWs/reporting/project management/billing/etc (all facets of the agency experience beyond just traditional account roles) - Gained experience in 5+ verticals of marketing - Minor but FUN travel and events - Happy hours, potlucks, free snacks/drinks, lunch and learns with coworkers :-) - NEW modern and upgraded office space - Flexible work from home days - Corporate card for client parking expenses, business lunches, etc. - Location is walkable to MANY lunch and HH options, as well as metro accessible

Cons

- Parking is not free (but there are MANY cheap options very close to the building aside from the garage)

"Just No"

Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Havit Advertising for less than a year

Pros

Good Clients, interesting projects, other interns were nice.

Cons

Extremely low pay, not a lot of respect for interns, disorganized culture, overall poor experience.

4. "Greatest Decision On Both Ends"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Havit Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been on both sides of Havit. I was with a client company and now an employee. Seeing Havit's work ethic, creativity and plethora of ideas come to life I wanted to be apart of a group that can literally turn an overlooked or undiscovered business into something so outstanding it wins awards. Proof is in the 13 Addys won in 2017. I joined this team of dedicated and driven people with ideas and creativity that could make your head explode. Management offers work from home days when necessary, lunch and learns and truly lead this powerhouse of a small company. There is nothing basic about Havit.

Cons

Loyal and interested in employees, open communication, stocked kitchen, free coffee, local restaurants in walking distance, dress down days and lots of laughs. oh. wait....those aren't cons? hmmm.

"Account Managers Run"

1.0

I worked at Havit Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Metro accessibility - Fun & hard working group of team members - Clean air - 401k (supposedly)

Cons

- Extreme lack of account management support which is especially apparent with the coddling of the creative team - Unprofessional management which is 1) intermittently absent 2) quick to cast judgments and place blame 3) instill feelings of worthlessness - High turnover (Hint: ask during your interview to speak with a FORMER employee within the last year.) - No culture and very little work/life balance

"Look Elsewhere"

I worked at Havit Advertising full-time

Pros

- Office is a short walking distance from a Metro station. - The client roster is interesting, although much of the work is project-based and short-term. - Summer work-from-home Fridays.

Cons

- High employee turnover rate. - Low employee morale. - Unprofessional management. - Unsupportive management. - Absent management that disappears for hours at a time during the work day.

Continue reading
  7. "Great group of people"

I worked at Havit Advertising full-time

Pros

It's a great management team that cares about the individuals that work there. Much more of a family atmosphere and better hours than other ad agencies. Exciting work with an opportunity to face new challenges, if you wish.

Cons

Be prepared to be challenged. In a good way.

"If you like working for less than minimum wage, this place is for you!"

Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Havit Advertising for less than a year

Pros

Nice office, legit clients, decent projects, and a good amount of opportunity to make a tangible impact on assigned accounts.

Cons

The pay (a stipend paid at the end of the internship) is well below minimum wage - like a third of minimum wage actually. Not sure if what they're doing is legal - not for credit, not really educational in nature, and barely paid, but they seem to have been doing it for a while. Located in Georgetown, so not the easiest to get to unless you're willing to pay sky high rents in Georgetown or Foggy Bottom. Took a loss on this internship experience (the stipend didn't even cover rent, food, and transit costs while I worked for them). Take it if you're desperate and need something to pad your resume, otherwise, run away.

"Good first internship"

Former Intern - Account Management Intern
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Havit Advertising for less than a year

Pros

A great place to start out if you're looking to get some hands on experience after your junior year; if you secure summer housing at Georgetown, the commute is a breeze and it's relatively cheap rent for the area. Great staff and leadership, cool projects in the experiential/activation/digital spaces.

Cons

Not sure their program is 100% legal; it's not for credit, and I received a single stipend check at the end of the summer that averaged out to less than minimum wage for the time I had put in over the total internship. Still, take it if you are desperate. Great leadership to learn from.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.