Hays "work hard play" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hays Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated Nov 26, 2019

3.7
Pros
  • "It is definitely a work hard play hard type of company and colleagues quickly become friends(in 140 reviews)

• "Career progression are very transparent(in 139 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Highly rewarding with lots of progression in return for hard work and ambition."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Ipswich, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hays is a great company to join if you want to have a long-term career in Recruitment with a global leader and you aren't afraid of some hard work! As a business, it has really progressed in recent years in the way that it develops, trains and supports it's staff. With industry leading training, but also with the support of colleagues and management, those that are new to the Recruitment sector have the best... chance of being successful at Hays. Throughout your career, Hays will develop and push you further. You will have access to numerous benefits including a generous employee share scheme, flexible working, access from home, retail and restaurant discounts, discounted dental and health care schemes, black tie events, plus lots of incentives including anything from a bottle of bubbly to an all expenses paid holiday! Hays offers competitive salaries and a rewarding commission scheme. As you gain experience, you may get the opportunity to manage your own team which allows you to earn more, plus, can lead to you managing an office, a region, or even a country in the future. As a global PLC, a huge benefit is the ability to relocate with Hays abroad, or to take a sabbatical and return to a guaranteed job. This is a great option if you want to travel or explore the world.

Cons

The hours can be long and the work can be tough, but if you are willing to put in the effort and work hard, it can be hugely rewarding.

Hays2019-11-26
  2. "Great company to work for and are extremely appreciated as an employee"

Former Intern - Intern Recruitment Consultant in Liverpool, England

I worked at Hays for more than a year

Pros

The company invests a lot of money into training you, although I was only an intern I was treated like any other member of staff with the same levels of responsibility. There is a great sales culture and buzz around the office, and every success is recognised amongst your peers and senior management. Support is always in place if you feel you are struggling and all colleagues, despite their seniority, are extremely... friendly and approachable. Overall I couldnt recommend Hays enough if you are wanting to work in recruitment, they are the biggest and best in the industry and if you work there you will understand why. There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'.

Cons

Long working hours, standard day is 8:30 - 6 (5:30 on a Friday), however this is normal if working in recruitment. Can't fault anything else Hays do as a business.

Hays2019-09-24
  3. "Great people and culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone at Hays is super supportive of your efforts and work. There is a great culture in place which recognises hard work and success. I have made some great friends here and the social scene is important to me.

Cons

There are no downsides to working for Hays.

Hays2019-09-19
  4. "Highly recommended & a very professional outfit"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultannt in Exeter, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, realistic, hard work but rewarding, top class training,

Cons

No negatives or cons thus far

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and don't let the standards slip

Hays2019-07-30
  5. "Great career progression!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Amazing training and support to make sure you can get the most out of your desk. Good company culture, and reward hard work.

Cons

The job itself can be quite challenging, but that is not exclusive to Hays.

Hays2019-07-29

"Managing Consultant"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progression, support and the general culture is fantastic . I have been in the business just over 4 years and have been given endless opportunity. All you need is hard work and some gumption and you can achieve whatever you want. I now look after a team of 8 and still bill on my own desk. Couldn't ask or want for more from an employer.

Cons

I wouldn't say there were any cons. They are a brilliant business.

Hays2019-05-15

"Intern"

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

Excellent culture You are always rewarded for hard work You are given real responsibility from day 1

Cons

Team structure/organisation can be improved

Hays2018-11-06
  8. "Hays a great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Director in Darlington, North East England, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A genuine meritocracy, you are rewarded for hard work and success

Cons

You will never want to leave - I've been here over 20 years!

Hays2018-09-28
  9. "A positive atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Maidstone, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A work hard play hard environment. Everyone makes themselves part of the team. Training offered along with the software to achieve is of the highest quality.

Cons

It can take a a while to build a good work life babalnce

Hays2018-09-28
  10. "Great place to work - Great Culture and Progression"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Fantastic training - Great culture, and very supportive directors - Progression available in the business is well communicated, with clear objectives set following each promotion meaning your career is in your hands - Great incentives - Work hard, play hard culture - Clear business strategies in place

Cons

- Long hours (but hours are needed in recruitment and you don't clock watch!) - Desks are split heavily to maximize opportunity in different markets but sometimes this can have a knock on effect to consultants earnings dependent on desks

Hays2018-09-24