Heartland Dental Reviews

Updated 22 May 2020

4.0
Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer
Pros
  • "We get great benefits, awesome continuing education courses all over the U(in 67 reviews)

• "When my doctor partnered with Heartland I left 3 days in and did not even give it a chance(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "Free dental services for you and your dependents is limited to what YOUR dentist can do(in 43 reviews)

• "Alot of spiteful people in upper management(in 41 reviews)

1. "Avoid like the plague"

1.0
    Former Employee - Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

There aren't any pros, avoid, avoid

Cons

Everything, from working hours to not being payed for overtime.

Heartland Dental2020-05-05

May 19, 2020HR

We're very concerned by your feedback and take these comments seriously. We'd like to hear more from you, so we can better address the issue. Please reach out to feedback@heartland.com.

2. "Best of Both Worlds"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After 10 years in private practice, the office I worked for affiliated with Heartland Dental. Heartland gives you the feel of a private practice by keeping the local branding of your doctor, but with the support of a large corporate office. The systems really work! Every step of a patient's visit has been well thought out and there is a system (and an acronym) for it. This makes training new hires so much easier and more consistent. The support during COVID-19 was absolutely amazing and I'm grateful we were not navigating it alone. Heartland values personal and professional growth while focusing hard on leadership and communication skills. When you work for Heartland, you become a better person.

Cons

Flexibility with salaries is almost non-existent. Pay increases are smaller than private practice (averaging only 1-3% per year), but they are more consistent - meaning you actually get one annually.

Heartland Dental2020-05-15
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Dentist in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HD has exceeded my expectations.I affiliated 3 1/2 yrs ago and I am so glad I did.During this pandemic HD has done so many things to keep us informed, involved,and safe. The corporate culture is all about helping our offices thrive and do the things we know are best for our patients, our team and ourselves..They encourage the Drs to be the leaders and do their best to support us.Most of the people that I have met thru HD have been extremely nice, caring,committed and honest.

Cons

If you want to purchase an expensive item such as a cerec,a CBCT,etc you need to get approval.

Heartland Dental2020-05-04

May 19, 2020HR

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support and realize your potential to grow with us. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, so we know we're on the right track. These are challenging times, but we know we'll get through them together and come out stronger on the other side. Thank you for your contributions and for being part of the Heartland Dental family!

4. "Nice job"

4.0

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good CE for all employees there. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Cons

Uneducated regional managers oversee your work. Was disturbing.

Heartland Dental2020-05-02

May 19, 2020HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the access to continuing education opportunities while working with us. We're also sorry to hear about the issues you had with upper management. We read all these reviews in an effort to improve our support. If you'd like to discuss the situation further, please reach out to us at feedback@heartland.com.

5. "Great company to start"

Current Employee - Business Office Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in a field office as a business assistant and have for the past year and a half and I absolutely love my practice. My leadership team is easy to communicate with, makes decision I agree are best for the team, and everyone gets along so well. We’ve had very little turnover and our office operates at the highest level because of it! Every heartland office is different but I’m so glad I got the job where I did. Working in corporate dentistry has also proven to be a blessing amid corona virus and having a large network to lean on in times of uncertainty

Cons

Only con is that someone push from home office for more production can be stressful

Heartland Dental2020-04-24

May 4, 2020HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you are experiencing personal and professional growth as a Heartland Dental supported team member. We're confident the skills and training you receive will provide you with even more opportunities to grow. We also appreciate your comments regarding compensation. We're constantly looking at ways to improve our benefits package, and your feedback helps us know where we can do better. Thank you for being a valuable part of our Heartland Dental family!

6. "Grateful"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Lutz, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Truly a company that cares about each employee. Has outstanding educational support and growth. Always patient focused!

Cons

No cons. Work hard, be nice, care about your patients and team...all else will follow

Heartland Dental2020-04-17

April 21, 2020HR

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback! We love to hear that your experience working for Heartland Dental has been nothing but positive and that you feel supported. Thank you for being a member of our family!

"Dont work here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Gain experience. Other than that, nothing.

Cons

Not enough time to efficiently and effectively clean a patients mouth. They say they run as a family practice but expect so much out of you. You may do amazing one day but that doesn't matter because you are 100 dollars short of their goal for you. Production production production is all I have to say. No time to build a relationship with your patients.

Heartland Dental2020-05-23
  8. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Regional Director

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Takes care of it's people first! Any company can say they do, but Heartland actually does. When COVID 19 struck America and the dental industry, Heartland FIRST figured out how to take care of the people of the organization, not just how to secure the bottom line. After all, we need great people when this all passes!

Cons

Fast pace growth can be hard to keep up with, it's not for everyone. If you want an 8-5 job where you can just clock in, clock out and not do much else, this isn't the place for you. If you want a fast pace career where you can contribute at a high level and are willing to work hart, smart and together with your team, this is the place!

Heartland Dental2020-04-14

April 21, 2020HR

Thank you for your great, thorough feedback! We're happy to hear that you've experienced personal and professional growth at Heartland Dental. We know everyone is going through a difficult time right now, so we appreciate your positive outlook and words of hope! While we can't be 100% certain of what's to come, we DO know we'll come out stronger together on the other side. We're honored to have team members like you to weather this storm with us. Your honest feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for being a valuable part of our Heartland Dental community!

9. "A true "give back" company!"

Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Heartland Dental has been commited to employee growth, positive patient experiences, employee resources for practice growth, and keeping an open communication feedback loop. I cannot say enough good things about working for Heartland.

Cons

I haven't had any issues personally.

Heartland Dental2020-04-08

April 21, 2020HR

Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you sharing your career journey with us and love the shoutout you gave. It makes us proud to see people living their dreams with our company and building others up along the way. We know that your hard work, dedication and positive attitude led to your success and growth. Thank you and your PMO for being great assets to the Heartland Dental family!

10. "My experience with Heartland has been amazing! One of the best DSO’s out there."

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Parrish, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always an opportunity for growth if looking. Also they truly care about their employees. During the pandemic I was given emergency PTO and was kept informed on all the new information from the CDC and ADA. They value each one of us and it shows.

Cons

Occasionally not ample amount of training for staff. They use the computer for training and there should be more hands on.

Heartland Dental2020-04-07

April 15, 2020HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you're experiencing personal and professional growth at Heartland Dental, and we are grateful to have you as part of our family. We also appreciate your comments regarding more hands-on training. We're continually looking at ways to improve our culture and processes. So, thank you for providing feedback to let us know where we can do better!

Found 942 reviews