Helping Hands Home Care Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

3.8
Helping Hands Home Care CEO Andy Hogarth
Andy Hogarth
Pros
  • "I’ve always found Helping Hands in Wimbledon a really positive company to work with(in 82 reviews)

• "I’ve found quite a few new friends in the other carers working here and they too are always at the end of the phone(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Helping Hands is one of those companies which looks great from the outside but rotting on the inside(in 28 reviews)

• "Unfortunately travel time is not paid(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Very good company to work for

17 Mar 2021 - Carer in Telford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good rate of pay Great clients On the doorstep Great colleagues

Cons

Nothing! You won’t have any problems working here!

2. 5.0

Pre-employment

11 May 2021 - Live-in Carer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

From my first point of contact, through my interview process, my training, travel booking and the like, I was treated with care, respect and patience. The process was efficient, informative and comprehensive

Cons

No downside, as yet! All promises delivered upon, plus more!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I really love my job. But

5 May 2021 - Home Carer in Redditch, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the work and the customers I visit. Even if it’s a job full of poo. I get great satisfaction of doing the best I can and making a difference to someone’s life. The office staff are always welcoming and helpful. They will always try and help me out or compromise. As I do with them. I had paramedics attend a customer today. They said helping hands carers were conststantly the best caters they come across.

Cons

Sometimes I have to drive a long way for a short call so really not economically viable for me to do. I love my job but I have to earn money too. If I drive 1/2 hr for a half hour call and back. I get paid £5 for 1 1/2 hrs of my tome. And it would probably run over as wouldn’t be a regular one. Realistically that would be £1.60 an hour!! The mileage doesn’t make it up enough and don’t get any in the way home. Should get paid more for weekends or at least sundays.

Helping Hands Home Care Response

Hi, thank you for taking the time out to leave us such an insightful review. I have passed your comments over to the team in Redditch and I'm sure they will be delighted with the 5 stars and take your comments on board. Thanks!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wantage dream team

29 Apr 2021 - Senior Carer in Wantage, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have won moments of kindness a few times now. I’m always shocked every time. But it makes me so proud because I know that I’m likeable and that my customers are getting the best care they possibly can. I’m being supported to progress in my role and the management team are amazing. The team are wonderful and I couldn’t get through a lot of things without my wantage team. The hours are flexible the pay is good and all round a joy to work for. The learning opportunities as well are incredible, different courses and NVQ’s to do.

Cons

Someone’s we have staff off a lot or shortage of staff but the team always get through it really well and work together.

Helping Hands Home Care Response

Good morning, thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us such a positive review. congratulations on all the great work you and the rest of the team in Wantage are doing!

5. 5.0

Training

8 May 2021 - Live-in Carer in Bedford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful, rewarding, flexibility, great training, meeting new people

Cons

None so far as I have not officially started

6. 5.0

Feedback

5 May 2021 - Live-in Carer in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can choose your own placement to suit your lifestyle, regular money, making a difference in someone’s life, holiday cover, continuous support and help and training courses.

Cons

I don’t have any reason for people to not want to work for Helping Hands

Helping Hands Home Care Response

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us such positive feedback. We are so pleased that you are enjoying your role so much!

7. 5.0

Brilliant company

29 Apr 2021 - Home Carer in Bromsgrove, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is so lovely looking after our customers. It is very rewarding when you put a smile on the customers face.

Cons

The travelling as you don't get enough time between customers

Helping Hands Home Care Response

Hi, Thank you so much for leaving us such positive feedback, I know the Bromsgrove team will be delighted with the feedback. I will pass your comments on to them :)

8. 5.0

Great company fantastic training

26 Apr 2021 - Live-in Carer in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training was fantastic. Helping hands is a great company and provides new staff with all the training required for there new roll. Would highly recommend.

Cons

None that I’m aware of.

Helping Hands Home Care Response

Hi, Thank you for leaving us such positive feedback, we have passed your comments over to the team in the North region and I'm sure they will be delighted :)

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Comprehensive and enjoyable training experience

19 Feb 2021 - Live-in Carer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training is very comprehensive and I trust that they will refresh or provide further training as required. I could tell from the training that they really are all about person-centred care. They were reassuring, open, honest and friendly throughout the process. Our trainer had a wealth of experience and stories which made it enjoyable as well as incredibly informative. The various activities also made it engaging and memorable. The office space was very comfortable and there were always beverages and snacks on hand. They were very responsible, following the coronavirus rules and regulations at all times. I had to travel from outside Peterborough so they booked a very clean and secure self-catered suite which made the stay even more pleasant. Thus far I feel adequately supported and respected. I believe this will continue throughout my care journey.

Cons

I have only completed training - so far I have no complaints!

10. 5.0

Everything is really good

19 Apr 2021 - Live-in Carer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training is very good

Cons

Time off isn't always convenient

Helping Hands Home Care Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is great to hear positive feedback on our training. I have passed your comments over to the relevant team and they will be very grateful. Thanks!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 507 Reviews