Henderson Scott Reviews

"Liverpool"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time for less than a year

Pros

We're creating something truly special in the Liverpool site and every single colleague is a critical component of that. We're building a blended culture of focus, hard work and results coupled with an upbeat, fun, infectious (not covid related!) environment. My experience is that everyone's voice matters in Liverpool, our director is exceptionally gifted in creating a positive sales environment and his approach is tailored to getting the best out of and for the individual. We are attracting some of the industries best performers as we scale which provides fantastic peer learning opportunities. The systems available from Henderson Scott are fantastic and our back-office knowledge in high growth areas like SOW is both refreshing and reassuring as we push forward.

Cons

Like all business covid-19 mandated a number of changes/adjustments this coincided with a wider group restructure, I think with hindsight some aspects of this could have been better communicated, however these were extraordinary circumstances and I do feel we are all better prepared as a result of the learnings taken.

Continue reading
  2. "I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Amersham, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work hard and have fun culture, clear career path, great incentives and Comms structure, autonomous management but there is always support if you need it. Constant investment in new systems, office environment and the people.

Cons

Amersham is a bit out the way so you have to drive if you want to work in that office but there are other offices in London, Liverpool and Edinburgh.

"Practice Manager"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture Career Progression Systems Infrastructure The People

Cons

I joined in July 2020

4. "Outstanding company and culture"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Amersham, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent 1-1 management with highly successful people, including the CEO (founder) who still sits on the sales floor, saying hello to EVERYONE and giving top level advice Relaxed yet driven culture Fair incentives and opportunities to everyone to achieve Excellent name in the Tech industry with established clients

Cons

The cold water fountain couldn’t pour any slower!

5. COVID-19

"Covid 👎"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Amersham, England

I worked at Henderson Scott full-time

Pros

Met some great people. Real friendships

Cons

Very secretive environment in senior management. A lot of the time you don’t know what is going on. Not the same company it once was Senior management have favourites

August 16, 2020Operations Director

Similar to the previous review, the timing, proximity to other negative reviews and the length of service of this reviewer would unfortunately suggest this may have come from one of the very few sales teams redundancies we were forced to make during this pandemic. It is regrettable but we feel the negativity towards the business may be as a result of the unfortunate redundancy situation also. The pandemic has unfortunately affected all businesses and we were forced to make a handful of redundancies where a consultant was not billing or was unable to perform a 360 role. We do have a lot of current opportunity and as previously stated, we are still actively hiring experienced consultants who are able to perform a new business role and want to be part of a successful, market leading business who have just opened new offices in Edinburgh and Liverpool. We will take this former employees comments onboard and discuss with the wider team to ensure that no part of this review is felt within the business as genuine feedback is very important to us, but we wish the reviewer all the best for their career moving forward and hope they find a new role soon.

"Terrible Company to work for......"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Amersham, England

I worked at Henderson Scott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The free parking permit, genuinely all I can think of.

Cons

Commission Scheme - Embarrassing Office Culture is poor Treatment of Staff - No sympathy Lack of Career progression Management lack skills within recruitment - Practice Leads billing less than Junior Consultants

August 16, 2020Operations Director

Henderson Scott have made less than 10% of redundancies during this pandemic however the timing, proximity to other negative reviews and the length of service of this reviewer would unfortunately suggest this may have come from one of the very few sales teams redundancies we were forced to make. It is regrettable but we feel the negativity towards the business may be as a result of the unfortunate redundancy situation as we would otherwise query why this former employee would remain with the business for so long. The pandemic has unfortunately affected all businesses and we were forced to make a handful of redundancies where a consultant was not billing or was unable to perform a 360 role. We do have a lot of current opportunity and are still actively hiring experienced consultants who are able to perform a new business role and want to be part of a successful, market leading business who have just opened new offices in Edinburgh and Liverpool. We will obviously take this former employees comments onboard and discuss with the wider team to ensure that no part of this review is genuinely felt within the business as staff feedback is extremely important to us, but we wish the reviewer all the best for their career moving forward and hope they find a new role soon.

"A truly unique company that treats staff, clients and candidates as individuals."

Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Amersham, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working for Henderson Scott for 12 years and have progressed from an Administration Manager through to COO. This has been largely possible because of the support I have received from my managers throughout my career at Henderson Scott, and my belief that I was working for a company that truly had my best interests at heart and these included not only my career aspirations, but my personal interests also. Throughout my career I have always been offered progression and pushed outside my comfort zone to achieve successful outcomes on the journey as Henderson Scott has never once stayed still since I first joined; it is a dynamic, innovative and forward thinking company that welcomes change, adapts fluidly to changing market conditions and prides itself on its success and quality. The staff employed are no different and we actively seek those who want to exceed, are well rounded, dynamic and innovative individuals therefore surrounding myself with truly exceptional people on a daily basis has motivated me to exceed in my own career. Henderson Scott constantly assess the market to make sure that to attract the best they offer the best and this is something that drives the leadership team as we truly value our exceptional workforce and thus feel it is important to reward them accordingly. And this is true of our sales team, but also of the back office teams that I have been so heavily involved in since my start. Back office are integral to the success of any company as are the sales teams, and both our back and front office teams have a great deal of respect for each other which is something we feel is very important for a harmonious and efficient workplace. It is something I am delighted to have enjoyed throughout my career with Henderson Scott and is something I intend to ensure is maintained as we progress to the next phase of our journey. All things considered, I have developed my career with Henderson Scott because throughout my time here I have been treated as an individual and not just a cog in a wheel. I am valued for my qualities, and offered training and improvement to ensure I am continually developing. My personal priorities have also shifted during my time with Henderson Scott as I have had 2 children since I started and I have truly felt supported to enjoy a rich family life whilst still achieving my career aspirations and progression. Now I am a member of the senior leadership team I feel it is my duty to ensure the same high standards of support, management and career development is offered to the workforce whilst we embark on the next exciting chapter of the Henderson Scott story.

Cons

Every business has cons but I hope that where we identify a con we work to improve it. I would say that at Henderson Scott we do expect the best and our staff are all generally high performers. Therefore, there is pressure to match this which whilst most view this as a pro as it incentivises and motivates them to exceed, others may view this as a con as there is very little room to hide a poor performance. Having said this though, we do offer support and training to ensure that all staff are given the tools and support to achieve.

August 16, 2020Operations Director

Thank you for your feedback.

8. "Great Company to work for!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time

Pros

Joining Henderson Scott less than a year ago myself, I would agree that it definitely has a big 'family feel' to the company! What stands out about HS is that everything is driven by results, each consultant is given their own independence to work in a way that works for them.

Cons

I would like to see more meetups in the London office!

June 9, 2020Operations Director

Thank you for your feedback, you will be pleased to know once C19 is all over we will be getting back to organising more events.

9. "Great culture and value proposition"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Amersham, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working culture- people are very down to earth but successful in their remits. Client relationships are very long term focused, HS has a strong value proposition.

Cons

Haven't found any cons as of yet

May 19, 2020Operations Director

Thank you for your feedback, we pride ourselves on building long-term partnerships with our clients and candidates in addition to being an agile business which can adapt to changes in the market.

10. "Thoroughly enjoy working here!"

Current Employee - IT Group Director in Amersham, England

I have been working at Henderson Scott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being part of the Operations Team I have a different angle to most of the reviews on here about Henderson Scott. Our Team is made up of some of the best, dedicated and hard working people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Back office staff tend not to get included when a business is predominately sales focused, this is not the case at Henderson Scott. Our team has the full support of the SLT and we all work together to make the environment, systems and resources as effective and efficient as they can be for the Sales Consultants. We work hard, but we enjoy it too!

Cons

None at the moment, thank you!

May 19, 2020Operations Director

We agree our Operations team is A*. Thank you for your feedback and for all the value you add to the HS Operations Team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 English Reviews